WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Why California is broke and Texas is not!!

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
The governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks the governor’s dog, then bites the governor. The governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie Bambi and then realizes he should stop because the coyote is only doing what is natural.

He calls animal control. Animal control captures the coyote and bills the state $200 for testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it. He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the state $200 for testing it for diseases. The governor goes to the hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and getting his bite wound bandaged.

The running trail gets shut down for six months while the California Fish and Game Department conducts a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is now free of dangerous animals. The governor spends $50,000 in state funds implementing a ‘coyote awareness program’ for residents of the area. The Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world. The governor’s security agent is fired for not stopping the attack. The state spends $150,000 to hire and train a new agent with additional special training, re: the nature of coyotes. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) protests the coyote’s relocation and files a $5 million suit against the state.

The governor of Texas is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and tries to attack him and his dog. The governor shoots the coyote with his state-issued pistol and keeps jogging.

The governor spent 50 cents on a .380-caliber, hollow-point cartridge. Buzzards ate the dead coyote.

And that, my friends, is why California is broke and Texas is not.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Ouch! 8 hrs and no posts.:eek: You need new material if you're gonna bash other states. :p Don't worry, someone from Cali will save you from going 0-fer.:D
I think California has a $9 billion budget surplus this year. With $2.6 Billion added to Rainy day savings fund now at $15 billion. Texas has pretty decent rainy day fund too. Both states have ugly long term obligations and both states are wasting too much of our tax dollars.
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/bu...eps-bashing-California-but-Texas-11202452.php
https://nyti.ms/2IwH5YK
https://www.texastribune.org/2018/01/30/despite-sunny-economy-texas-budget-forecast-dreary/

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Ouch! 8 hrs and no posts.:eek: You need new material if you're gonna bash other states. :p Don't worry, someone from Cali will save you from going 0-fer.:D
I think California has a $9 billion budget surplus this year. With $2.6 Billion added to Rainy day savings fund now at $15 billion. Texas has pretty decent rainy day fund too. Both states have ugly long term obligations and both states are wasting too much of our tax dollars.
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/bu...eps-bashing-California-but-Texas-11202452.php
https://www.texastribune.org/2018/01/30/despite-sunny-economy-texas-budget-forecast-dreary/

Why do they want more gas taxes if they have that $15 Billion?

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Why do they want more gas taxes if they have that $15 Billion?

^Because they waste too much money.^

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
^Because they waste too much money.^

YES!!!!

Xuk9bd26.jpeg

logo-calSTRS_fitbox_540x1200.jpg

rrrr

Reaction score

We're not building a quarter trillion railroad that no one needs and that no one will use.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
We're not building a quarter trillion railroad that no one needs and that no one will use.
I used to think the same thing Rman. I agree California doesn't need a train from SF to LA, there's plenty of nearby airports serving that route.
But what California does need is a way to move the 100,000+ daily commuters and people from the South Bay/Central Valley/ cities of Gilroy, Merced, Madera, Fresno, Bakersfield & Palmdale in & out of the SF/Bay Area and Burbank/LA efficiently and freeing up the current daily traffic nightmare.
And these Central Valley cities don't have large airports, Amtrak, or other means to move people, the HSR train that we're going to pay way too much for, will also give tens of thousands of people currently stuck living in overpriced Bay Area/LA basins because of work, a viable alternative to move out to more affordable Central Valley areas yet still commute to work in an hour.
I know it's going cost way over budget, but thats expected when your building the "first of anything" in this country. Just look at what the Metro/Subways did for NY/Mass/Wash or what the BART did for Bay area. or HSR did for Europe & Asia.
There are no train routes planned where I live, so I'll probably never use it, nor do I want to pay taxes for it, but because it'll greatly benefit the future of California and Millions of other people using it, I'll support it…..
BTW Texas is still considering HSR train.
Hud

rrrr

Reaction score
The Texas train is being built with private money. They claim no tax dollars will be spent. I don't believe that, to say the least.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
The Texas train is being built with private money. They claim no tax dollars will be spent. I don't believe that, to say the least.
Now that would be awesome. And a model for others to follow.:D

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
If California would stop welcoming and giving handouts and benefits to illegals and round them up and send them back this state would be flush with money.
They could also use some of that money for drug programs to get the druggies off the street and cleaned up, the same for the ones with mental issues, all the other that don't want to live by society's standards get kicked out. In fact, they'd still have money for road repairs and new roads. Get rid of the low speed train to nowhere and that would be another source of income to build water storage for those dry years.

This shit ain't brain surgery.

RCDave

Reaction score
LOL. The only reason California ran a surplus last year was due to massive increase in taxes.

And if you look at how deep the state is in debt, the surplus is knat in comparison. Plus the Liberal loons in Cali will find a way to blow any surplus

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
LOL. The only reason California ran a surplus last year was due to massive increase in taxes.

And if you look at how deep the state is in debt, the surplus is knat in comparison. Plus the Liberal loons in Cali will find a way to blow any surplus
Don’t worry about the state debt. Cali can just keep running it up and then Trump that shit, declare BK! No ones more experienced in exploiting the BK process than POTUS so he shouldn’t mind having the tables turned, hopefully he’ll share some tips.:D

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
True story.

The CA version of the story was mind numbing.

The governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks the governor’s dog, then bites the governor. The governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie Bambi and then realizes he should stop because the coyote is only doing what is natural.

He calls animal control. Animal control captures the coyote and bills the state $200 for testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it. He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the state $200 for testing it for diseases. The governor goes to the hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and getting his bite wound bandaged.

The running trail gets shut down for six months while the California Fish and Game Department conducts a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is now free of dangerous animals. The governor spends $50,000 in state funds implementing a ‘coyote awareness program’ for residents of the area. The Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world. The governor’s security agent is fired for not stopping the attack. The state spends $150,000 to hire and train a new agent with additional special training, re: the nature of coyotes. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) protests the coyote’s relocation and files a $5 million suit against the state.

The governor of Texas is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and tries to attack him and his dog. The governor shoots the coyote with his state-issued pistol and keeps jogging.

The governor spent 50 cents on a .380-caliber, hollow-point cartridge. Buzzards ate the dead coyote.

And that, my friends, is why California is broke and Texas is not.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Damn. I didn’t know Swartzenegger got bit. I heard he choked that coyote out, then called animal control and his Vet.:D

RodnJen

Reaction score
I know the OP is a joke but a little on Texas taxes.

How Texas Compares to the National Average

The national average of property taxes is $2,720 annually at 1.21% of assessed value. The average property tax rate in Texas is 60% higher than the national average and is one of the top five highest-paying states for property tax. Texas also makes Bankrate.com’s Terrible 10 list of most regressive state tax systems in the United states, ranking at No. 5 with a total effective tax rate on the middle class of 8.8% including property, vehicle, income and sales taxes. Even though Texas does not have income or vehicle property taxes, it still ranks as one of the most taxed states in the country.

Read more: Texas Property Tax Guide - A Guide to Buying a House in the U.S. | Investopedia https://www.investopedia.com/walkth...taxes/texas-property-tax-guide/#ixzz5TXzn12Fi
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

rrrr

Reaction score
The taxes I pay in Texas are significantly less than I would be paying if I had the same income and lived in NJ, NY, or CA.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I used to think the same thing Rman. I agree California doesn't need a train from SF to LA, there's plenty of nearby airports serving that route.
But what California does need is a way to move the 100,000+ daily commuters and people from the South Bay/Central Valley/ cities of Gilroy, Merced, Madera, Fresno, Bakersfield & Palmdale in & out of the SF/Bay Area and Burbank/LA efficiently and freeing up the current daily traffic nightmare.
And these Central Valley cities don't have large airports, Amtrak, or other means to move people, the HSR train that we're going to pay way too much for, will also give tens of thousands of people currently stuck living in overpriced Bay Area/LA basins because of work, a viable alternative to move out to more affordable Central Valley areas yet still commute to work in an hour.
I know it's going cost way over budget, but thats expected when your building the "first of anything" in this country. Just look at what the Metro/Subways did for NY/Mass/Wash or what the BART did for Bay area. or HSR did for Europe & Asia.
There are no train routes planned where I live, so I'll probably never use it, nor do I want to pay taxes for it, but because it'll greatly benefit the future of California and Millions of other people using it, I'll support it…..
BTW Texas is still considering HSR train.
Hud

Other than the rail ftom boston to DC i don't believe any make money here or europe or japan. They all have massive subsidies

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with these kind of subsidies. They help provide a service that benefits millions and millions of people daily. Helps remove cars, traffic and SMOG and road rage. Allows millions to move outside Metro areas and live in higher quality of life areas. It's well worth it the subsidy.

530RL

Reaction score
Other than the rail ftom boston to DC i don't believe any make money here or europe or japan. They all have massive subsidies

It too loses money.

All mass transit and general transit loses money if fully loaded with the costs to include subways, buses, rail, light rail, the ATC system, the Interstate highway system and all the rest.

Since the beginning of time, it has been said that all airlines combined have when added up, lost money and that is before the public paying for airports, airport infrastructure and the ATC system.

At the end of the day, they all get a subsidy. Whether it be airports, ATC, rail, highways, ferry's, roadways, city streets and the like.

Hullbilly

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with these kind of subsidies. They help provide a service that benefits millions and millions of people daily. Helps remove cars, traffic and SMOG and road rage. Allows millions to move outside Metro areas and live in higher quality of life areas. It's well worth it the subsidy.

I prefer to keep the trash in the dump.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
So everyone should move to Texas....we're waiting.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Don’t worry about the state debt. Cali can just keep running it up and then Trump that shit, declare BK! No ones more experienced in exploiting the BK process than POTUS so he shouldn’t mind having the tables turned, hopefully he’ll share some tips.:D
Boom!