WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Why

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I’ll go in the other direction. Why do people use their fog lights so much or at all? Driving home from Havasu Friday got blasted with some of them. We are not in San Francisco. 😁 I have legitimately used mine maybe twice in the last 20 years.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I’ll go in the other direction. Why do people use their fog lights so much or at all? Driving home from Havasu Friday got blasted with some of them. We are not in San Francisco. 😁 I have legitimately used mine maybe twice in the last 20 years.

How are you getting blasted with fog lights? They are mounted in the lower bumpers of cars and trucks.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
How are you getting blasted with fog lights? They are mounted in the lower bumpers of cars and trucks.
Some are bright. Don’t know if aftermarket or aimed wrong or if towing they shine up. I started noticing quite a good number of people keep them on.
Maybe I am in the get off my lawn demo. 😁

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Some are bright. Don’t know if aftermarket or aimed wrong or if towing they shine up. I started noticing quite a good number of people keep them on.
Maybe I am in the get off my lawn demo. 😁

Perhaps you mean high beams?

riverroyal

Reaction score
Or some douches mounted Baja Squadrons in their fog light holes. Seems to be a popular option for Ford/GM truck owners...Ram owners of course are less douchy.
Ha. I was just typing this! I only use them when Nobody else is on the road. Typically the last stretch across the desert

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
It’s the guys with the lifted trucks that always have there fog lights on. Shines right into your car. Stupid.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I have mine pointed outward to give me a wider spread of light for nighttime peripherals, they come in handy when you drive on roads with lots of critters wanting to cross. I also use foglights only with the parking lamps in inclimate weather during the day time.

Generally if my parking lamps are on, the fogs are on

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
My fog lights are Baja design. Melt your pupils. You never know when the fog will roll in, can’t be too prepared.

The RDP lighting police will be along soon to tell you how selfish and careless you are and how you menace to everyone else on the road.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I'm thankful as fuk there aren't any....it's bad enough having neighbors that find it necessary to install 200 spot lights to illuminate their houses.
I wish I could like this 1000 times.

I can understand a security light that comes on with movement but to leave the thing burning 24 hours a day is just ridiculous.🤬

EarpRider

Reaction score
One of the first thing that I heard locals hate to hear from new former California residents, Why doesn't Havasu have sidewalks and streetlights?😁

Hypnautic

Reaction score
I like to turn on my rear fog lights when being tailgated. Makes them think I’m brake checking them as I accelerate.
And if I brake check you. You will know it cause we’re going from 80 to 5mph in 100ft.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Why, No residential street lights in Havasu?

It's dark as fuck

Because we like to see the stars.. wish half the Californians would turn their shit off when they leave..

can’t see half of what you used too in less than9
Years?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I like to turn on my rear fog lights when being tailgated. Makes them think I’m brake checking them as I accelerate.
And if I brake check you. You will know it cause we’re going from 80 to 5mph in 100ft.

I hope your joking..

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Streetlights use to - and sometimes still come with local power plants. Steam generation it’s a must.

Elect generating stations need a minimum elect load they can’t go below and street lights assure that at night.

In the San Fernando Valley and LA Harbor areas for example it was 17 to 35 megawatts minimum per unit in the 50’s thru the late 80’s.

With more jet turbine powered generators in the grid this requirement is lower so Havasu gets a break - for now.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Why, No residential street lights in Havasu

It's dark as fuck

After reading this thread I decided to go out front and snap a couple of pix. The glow you see over the mountains is not the sun setting or the moon rising. The glow you see is Lake Havasu and it's fucking up the night sky for us Parkabillys!! Now you know why we hate you! 🖕

The power is in the tips of your fingers people, shut them fucking lights off!! 😁

Don't even get me started on them fuckers in their Chevy trucks with fog lights a blazin! 😡

IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG

Wheeler

Reaction score
Then we have of our own special people that leave the lights on all fucking night. They want to be sure that us trailer dwellers notice their houses, like it or not. 😁

IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG

wzuber

Reaction score
I wish I could like this 1000 times.

I can understand a security light that comes on with movement but to leave the thing burning 24 hours a day is just ridiculous.🤬
I agree, I too like the stars w/o city light intrusion. However, having my big river house lit up at night has been a significant theft/vandalism deterrent. Tough spot to be.

Wheeler

Reaction score
I agree, I too like the stars w/o city light intrusion. However, having my big river house lit up at night has been a significant theft/vandalism deterrent. Tough spot to be.

Sedona Land Development Code Article 9 Development Standards, 911 Outdoor Lighting.

911.01 Purpose and Intent. It is the purpose and intent of this Code to balance the goals of the Sedona Community Plan to maintain its small-town character with the need to provide for safe lighting practices and to minimize light pollution for the enjoyment of Sedona’s citizens and visitors.

A. The use of outdoor lighting is often necessary for adequate nighttime safety and utility, but common lighting practices can also interfere with other legitimate public concerns. Principles among these concerns are:
1. The degradation of the nighttime visual environment by production of unsightly and dangerous glare;

2. Lighting practices that interfere with the health and safety of Sedona’s citizens and visitors;

3. Unnecessary waste of energy and resources in the production of too much light or wasted light;

4. Interference in the use or enjoyment of property which is not intended to be illuminated at night, and the loss of the scenic view of the night sky due to increased urban sky-glow.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Norco doesn’t have street lights either. I like it that way

D19

Reaction score
Or some douches mounted Baja Squadrons in their fog light holes. Seems to be a popular option for Ford/GM truck owners...Ram owners of course are less douchy.

Ram owners just like to drive around with their mirrors flipped out for no reason at all.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Sedona Land Development Code Article 9 Development Standards, 911 Outdoor Lighting.

911.01 Purpose and Intent. It is the purpose and intent of this Code to balance the goals of the Sedona Community Plan to maintain its small-town character with the need to provide for safe lighting practices and to minimize light pollution for the enjoyment of Sedona’s citizens and visitors.

A. The use of outdoor lighting is often necessary for adequate nighttime safety and utility, but common lighting practices can also interfere with other legitimate public concerns. Principles among these concerns are:
1. The degradation of the nighttime visual environment by production of unsightly and dangerous glare;

2. Lighting practices that interfere with the health and safety of Sedona’s citizens and visitors;

3. Unnecessary waste of energy and resources in the production of too much light or wasted light;

4. Interference in the use or enjoyment of property which is not intended to be illuminated at night, and the loss of the scenic view of the night sky due to increased urban sky-glow.

Didn’t read all the nitty-gritty details of this, but wouldn’t mind it if Havasu would pass some thing of a similar nature. It’s understandable if you have guests coming over and or hauling shit in from the car whatever to turn your porch lights on for a bit but is it really necessary to leave them on all the time.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

Havasu has codes too which include verbiage along the lines of lighting must be shielded from upwards illumination.
140405exteriorlightingpdf_200825_091035_1.jpg
140405exteriorlightingpdf_200825_091035_2.jpg
140405exteriorlightingpdf_200825_091035_3.jpg
140405exteriorlightingpdf_200825_091035_4.jpg

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I understand it’s kind of a tough place to be I would prefer the security lights but I’m not familiar with big river the last time I was there it was pretty damn rural. Don’t know what response times are for law-enforcement but in Havasu motion lights cameras and an alarm system would seem to do the trick.
It’s weird, some areas of rural America are lit up like airport runways. LOL you wouldn’t even know they’re there. I think that would almost be inviting intruders. 🤷

DRYHEAT

Reaction score

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Complaining about lights. And you call us cranky

HCP3

Reaction score
I would like to know how ALAN feels about street lights.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
One of the things that I struggled with when visiting my late mother in law in SoCal.
It never gets dark down there.
It never gets dark, and it never gets quiet.
I had to wear some damn sleep mask thing, look like a fool, to sleep when visiting her. You could walk anywhere in the house without turning a light on at midnight. I understand it, the crime and such down there. Makes people feel better they won't get jumped when walking to the car. I get it. Don't like it, but get it.
Up here...there are certain signs that indicate the presence of a flatlander.
Flatlander...defined...
"Person from the city, can't drive on mountain roads, rides brakes, doesn't brake until in apex of corner, can't drive at all in the snow, doesn't know what end of their car the snow chains go on, etc. Generally responsible for calling in woman screaming to 911 when they hear a mountain lion, or...woman calling for help when they hear a peacock, or, wanting to file charges against real estate agent for not telling them it snows where they now live."
And the biggie.
"Person, or persons, who move into a nice, peaceful area, where it is quiet at night and the folks on the surrounding 10 acre parcels enjoy star gazing, sitting on their decks at night, and hearing the sounds of wildlife at night. And they freak the hell out, and have an electrician come out and install a giant, megawatt light on a pole out in their front yard, and the biggest LED floodlights on all four corners of the house, all of which are set to come on at dusk and go off at sunrise. You could put together onf of those 1500 piece jigsaw puzzle 100 yards from the house, folks can see the glow two valleys over."
That there is a guaranteed, cash it at the bank flatlander.

Just Ducky

Reaction score
When we bought our house in havasu in 2006 there were two empty lots behind us. We built block walls and had a pool put in. Our back yard is pretty big , about 80 feet wide and 100 feet from sliding glass door to the back wall. Well since we bought the house the two lots behind us have been developed and houses built on them. Problem is the lot directly behind us had to be filled and leveled. Now the lot is about 2 feet higher than my block wall with an easement between their lot and mine. We hoped that the new owners would build a fence or wall so we would have some privacy while out in the pool etc but no they didn't. We came out one say and the wife is sitting on the back edge of their yard talking on the phone FACING our yard. I was like wtf really? So I have a security lite that I leave on to discourage coyotes and. So I can see the whole yard at night if the dog needs to go out.Also they had a party and everyone's standing around in their yard looking at us . Anyway the wife told us that our light bothers them when they are in their hot tub.By the way my light shines down at the ground in two directions not pointing directly at them. My wife told her the key to this is you need a fence or a wall. Ha ha fuck them.

2Driver

Reaction score
I'm thankful as fuk there aren't any....it's bad enough having neighbors that find it necessary to install 200 spot lights to illuminate their houses.

No shit. We live on 5-10 acre parcels and the town has codes to keep things as a natural desert, it’s why we all live here.
In comes some fuck from NY and lights up his house like it’s a night at the Oscars. Can’t see past it to see the city lights of Phx or the night sky, but he’s inside asleep. LOL If it’s so scary here, move into a subdivision in Phoenix.