WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wifi sprinklers

Icky

Reaction score
I was at homedepot earlier wasting money as usual and came across this. I don't know how good it is, but it was on list of things to buy one day. Check out the rebate.
20190323_194318.jpg

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I was at homedepot earlier wasting money as usual and came across this. I don't know how good it is, but it was on list of things to buy one day. Check out the rebate.
View attachment 738270
I have the 79.99 one there. It's pretty nice. Very easy to use and automatic delays for rain without any extra hardware. My dad likes his as well.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

HitIt

Reaction score
I have this one:
https://www.amazon.com/RainMachine-HD-12-Independent-Irrigation-Controller/dp/B00CT5PNBU

It works great. It doesn't really save me water because I was always on top of adjusting my sprinklers. I just don't have to do it now since it automatically adjusts for weather. It adjusts for rain, temperature, humidity, and wind. You can set soil type, slope, sun exposure, type of vegetation, etc. to help it figure out exactly how much to water. Plus, it doesn't need a backup battery because it syncs the time over the internet and backs up your schedule.

But my favorite part is being able to turn the sprinklers on and off from my phone while I adjust them. I would pay the money for that feature alone. I don't have to run around turning shit on and off while I adjust them. You tend to get a lot less wet, too, since you can preposition yourself before turning them on.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
I’ve got two of the Rachio ones on two different houses. One, the city of Sacramento paid for and the other the Sacramento Suburban water district paid for.
One benefit in the city is you aren’t limited to two days a week, water every day if you want, the other is once they are set up correctly, you never touch them again.

Icky

Reaction score
So after rebate I will have paid 29$ for something I was going to pay $100 + for.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Might have to try this. I only have 2 zones.. looks like I can get the “Free” one?

zhandfull

Reaction score
I have old school with remote.

The remote is great.
Had an issue with my dogs barking at neighbours dogs early in the morning. Set up a zone and rainbird to cover that back section of yard and would spray them when things stated getting out of hand. Was actually very effective since my dogs didn't care to get wet.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Just what I need for our rental house. The one that's there now if the power goes out it reverts to watering everyday and I don't know that until we get the water bill.:eek:

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Thanks Icky. I need 2 for the new house. I’m going to get them this week.