WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wildcat XX first ride review

teded

Reaction score
IMG_3978.jpg

Bought a rack from Walmart, made a swivel mount on the back over the spare tire. Very smooth riding machine. Took the full windshield off , that cut way down on the cab dust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teded

Reaction score
Adjustments.jpg

Got that mount off the internet, put a 1/2 “ bolt in it. Tubing with a welded nut in it , drilled out the threads so it hinges. Bolted the basket to it.
Backyard fabricating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Rigid sidewalk sale was super busy, I got there at 620 and the line was already at the end of the building. By the time I got in, they had sold out of the 10" single row but was still able to get deals on the D pods and D XL pods.

IMG_20201114_131137_01.jpg

PlanB

Reaction score
Running Rigid pods on the Jeep. I also have a diffused pair facing rearward. You will be happy with them!
IMG_1860.JPG

havasuhusker

Reaction score
Rigid sidewalk sale was super busy, I got there at 620 and the line was already at the end of the building. By the time I got in, they had sold out of the 10" single row but was still able to get deals on the D pods and D XL pods.

That place is not too far from my house. I drove by on my way to Pioneer around 8am and there was a TON of people standing in line. Looks like I missed out :(

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
That place is not too far from my house. I drove by on my way to Pioneer around 8am and there was a TON of people standing in line. Looks like I missed out :(
Got almost $800 worth of lights for $175 OTD, not too shabby. Was considering also grabbing a 50" single row ($375 for a $1900 light) but decided it's not really necessary for what I do except for looking cool

DLC

Reaction score
That’s a smoker deal!

Have you decided where and how your going to mount them

asa400ex

Reaction score
I don't have any pics of it on my phone etc., but heading out and I'll take a few.
In general, we plugged the large floor holes with removable plugs, as you could see dust swirling around your legs. In our previous RZR with the half windshield, we didn't have dust being vacuumed in from the wide open back, but when we had the full windshield, we had to have a rear window in place or be buried in powder.
To our surprise with the Wildcat, even with the half windshield, we had tons of dust coming in, covering our laps.
When I complained to AZ West, Jack told me about Don and to call him. He made us a velcro-strapped netting for the back, which he claimed would do wonders --- honestly, I had my doubts, but was happily proved very wrong. That netting worked wonders to break up that vacuum effect. Seems after some trial and error on his, he found just the right size mesh and he was right. I'll measure the mesh opening, in case you're going to make your own.
Between plugging the floor holes and the netting, that eliminated easily 90% of our fine powder dust problem. Although keep in mind, unlike many of you, we're ridding up around our ranch, so not with groups --- our dust problem, was our own creation.
The other snap-on items were for heat, insulating pads he stitched up. One for around the steering column, another around the center tunnel and one behind the seats which cut down on both heat and engine noise. Now I'm wondering with winter temps, if we'll be missing that built-in heater.
Without any doubt, the single biggest change came from that rear mesh.
Can you take pics of what the net looks like? Having the same issue with dust.

Thanks

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
That’s a smoker deal!

Have you decided where and how your going to mount them
The smaller duallys are going on C Pillar facing rear with amber covers, the DXLs are going on A-Pillar.

Reactions: DLC

Taboma

Reaction score
Can you take pics of what the net looks like? Having the same issue with dust.

Thanks
I'm in San Diego and the Wildcat's in Havasu, sorry no pics of it. I can tell you, it's heavy duty mesh, very small openings roughly 1/16". I think they're generally referred to as Rear Dust Stoppers. Three sides held on with velcro straps around the roll cage and bottom secured with snaps. Very taught fit. I'll get a picture next time I'm out there. Here's a link I found to a website that sells them, I certainly didn't pay what these guys are asking, but you'll get the idea. The guy who made mine, makes various sewn products for SxS, PM me, I can provide his info if you're interested.

Here's essentially what it looks like and the link to the site that's selling one very similar.

rogue-rear-windscreen-textron-wildcat-xx-11.jpg

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new toy! I went from a rhino into xp4 turbo. I wanted a 2 seat car and my chick wanted a 4 seater. That way we had room just in case we had friends or family that wanted to go. I'm happy with the my decision but everytime I see a XX, i think how bad ass it would be to trick one out and set it up for the desert.

I went to the rigid sale last year and picked up 32" double row spot flood combo and a 10" sr for $400 with all the wiring harnesses. These lights are ridiculously bright! The 10" is cool because you can get a snap on amber lenses for it. I got the lense for SDHQ in gilbert.

We're out in Queen Creek and I'd love to explore that area out by Saguaro. If you plan another trip over there we'd love to tag along and get familiar with that area.