WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wildcat XX first ride review

teded

Reaction score
IMG_3978.jpg

Bought a rack from Walmart, made a swivel mount on the back over the spare tire. Very smooth riding machine. Took the full windshield off , that cut way down on the cab dust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teded

Reaction score
Adjustments.jpg

Got that mount off the internet, put a 1/2 “ bolt in it. Tubing with a welded nut in it , drilled out the threads so it hinges. Bolted the basket to it.
Backyard fabricating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Rigid sidewalk sale was super busy, I got there at 620 and the line was already at the end of the building. By the time I got in, they had sold out of the 10" single row but was still able to get deals on the D pods and D XL pods.

IMG_20201114_131137_01.jpg

PlanB

Reaction score
Running Rigid pods on the Jeep. I also have a diffused pair facing rearward. You will be happy with them!
IMG_1860.JPG

havasuhusker

Reaction score
Rigid sidewalk sale was super busy, I got there at 620 and the line was already at the end of the building. By the time I got in, they had sold out of the 10" single row but was still able to get deals on the D pods and D XL pods.

That place is not too far from my house. I drove by on my way to Pioneer around 8am and there was a TON of people standing in line. Looks like I missed out :(

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
That place is not too far from my house. I drove by on my way to Pioneer around 8am and there was a TON of people standing in line. Looks like I missed out :(
Got almost $800 worth of lights for $175 OTD, not too shabby. Was considering also grabbing a 50" single row ($375 for a $1900 light) but decided it's not really necessary for what I do except for looking cool

DLC

Reaction score
That’s a smoker deal!

Have you decided where and how your going to mount them

asa400ex

Reaction score
I don't have any pics of it on my phone etc., but heading out and I'll take a few.
In general, we plugged the large floor holes with removable plugs, as you could see dust swirling around your legs. In our previous RZR with the half windshield, we didn't have dust being vacuumed in from the wide open back, but when we had the full windshield, we had to have a rear window in place or be buried in powder.
To our surprise with the Wildcat, even with the half windshield, we had tons of dust coming in, covering our laps.
When I complained to AZ West, Jack told me about Don and to call him. He made us a velcro-strapped netting for the back, which he claimed would do wonders --- honestly, I had my doubts, but was happily proved very wrong. That netting worked wonders to break up that vacuum effect. Seems after some trial and error on his, he found just the right size mesh and he was right. I'll measure the mesh opening, in case you're going to make your own.
Between plugging the floor holes and the netting, that eliminated easily 90% of our fine powder dust problem. Although keep in mind, unlike many of you, we're ridding up around our ranch, so not with groups --- our dust problem, was our own creation.
The other snap-on items were for heat, insulating pads he stitched up. One for around the steering column, another around the center tunnel and one behind the seats which cut down on both heat and engine noise. Now I'm wondering with winter temps, if we'll be missing that built-in heater.
Without any doubt, the single biggest change came from that rear mesh.
Can you take pics of what the net looks like? Having the same issue with dust.

Thanks

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
That’s a smoker deal!

Have you decided where and how your going to mount them
The smaller duallys are going on C Pillar facing rear with amber covers, the DXLs are going on A-Pillar.

Reactions: DLC

Taboma

Reaction score
Can you take pics of what the net looks like? Having the same issue with dust.

Thanks
I'm in San Diego and the Wildcat's in Havasu, sorry no pics of it. I can tell you, it's heavy duty mesh, very small openings roughly 1/16". I think they're generally referred to as Rear Dust Stoppers. Three sides held on with velcro straps around the roll cage and bottom secured with snaps. Very taught fit. I'll get a picture next time I'm out there. Here's a link I found to a website that sells them, I certainly didn't pay what these guys are asking, but you'll get the idea. The guy who made mine, makes various sewn products for SxS, PM me, I can provide his info if you're interested.

Here's essentially what it looks like and the link to the site that's selling one very similar.

rogue-rear-windscreen-textron-wildcat-xx-11.jpg

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new toy! I went from a rhino into xp4 turbo. I wanted a 2 seat car and my chick wanted a 4 seater. That way we had room just in case we had friends or family that wanted to go. I'm happy with the my decision but everytime I see a XX, i think how bad ass it would be to trick one out and set it up for the desert.

I went to the rigid sale last year and picked up 32" double row spot flood combo and a 10" sr for $400 with all the wiring harnesses. These lights are ridiculously bright! The 10" is cool because you can get a snap on amber lenses for it. I got the lense for SDHQ in gilbert.

We're out in Queen Creek and I'd love to explore that area out by Saguaro. If you plan another trip over there we'd love to tag along and get familiar with that area.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Got the car back from getting the lights installed and having the suspension work done. Nice to get a good amount of ride-height back and excited to see how it performs.

Now with the lights on, I fear I may have made a mistake with the Hyperspot D-XL. I think I underestimated how much of a hyperspot it is, holy shit they throw a long ways, but I feel like I am missing a lot off the sides. Going to call up Rigid and see if I can exchange for a Spot or Flood beam. Expecting them to say pound sand, but worth a shot.

Last edited:

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Here's a picture of the car sitting on it's wheels again. Looks like we are about 2" higher in ride height but obviously can't feel the valving yet until I try it. Thinking about heading out to the Hassayampa river this weekend off of I-10 in Tonapah if anyone wants to join.

Also, called up Rigid about the Hyperspots. Great customer service lady on the phone, they don't do light for light exchanges, but they do rebuild the lights and can convert my hyperspots into a flood for a small fee (she couldn't quote anything official over the phone but ballparked it to $50-75 per light.

1606930901143.png

LargeOrangeFont

Steering RDP Towards Political Moderation 😁
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the car sitting on it's wheels again. Looks like we are about 2" higher in ride height but obviously can't feel the valving yet until I try it. Thinking about heading out to the Hassayampa river this weekend off of I-10 in Tonapah if anyone wants to join.

Also, called up Rigid about the Hyperspots. Great customer service lady on the phone, they don't do light for light exchanges, but they do rebuild the lights and can convert my hyperspots into a flood for a small fee (she couldn't quote anything official over the phone but ballparked it to $50-75 per light.

View attachment 948000
Do you know if it just the lens that is different? Or more parts inside? That is good that they will change them up for you!

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Why not mount the xl together down on the bumper and the duallys on the a pillar to fill in the gaps. You don't need that much light shining backwards.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Why not mount the xl together down on the bumper and the duallys on the a pillar to fill in the gaps. You don't need that much light shining backwards.
Car doesn't have a bumper and I don't feel like dropping the ~$400 for one right now. Thinking about getting the Baja Designs headlight kit that is plug and play, should be plenty. Going to try to lower the XL's on the A-Pillar's though. Rear lights are purely so people can see me through the dust.

DLC

Reaction score
The light pattern might be a driving pattern she was referring to

they typically have a
pencil
drivers -combo flood and distance
flood

maybe keep those and just buy 2 more smaller lights ? To infill the gap

you can also adjust those spots so they have a high low pattern - one light is set higher one is set lower

did you get the hood light also?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
The light pattern might be a driving pattern she was referring to

they typically have a
pencil
drivers -combo flood and distance
flood

maybe keep those and just buy 2 more smaller lights ? To infill the gap

you can also adjust those spots so they have a high low pattern - one light is set higher one is set lower

did you get the hood light also?
That's what I thought too, but she explained that the driving light is actually more flood than the flood light. Kind of counterintuitive to what I was thinking too. If I get it converted, I will get it converted to a flood.

Did not get the hood light and, after thinking about it more, I am extremely drawn to the plug and play nature of the Baja Designs headlights. I can't stand wiring and extra switches. Keep it simple.

1606933315033.png

DLC

Reaction score
Get the BD headlights 1st then deal with adjusting the ridgid light pattern

a thought would be to only do one of the ridged lights to a flood so you have distance and also a wide pattern....

I really like the Baja designs head light kits and will end up adding a set to the can am - the stock lights suck! Unless you dropped a quarter in Frt of the car. LoL