WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Will Smith just punched Cris Rock in the face on live TV

Nordie

Reaction score
FB_IMG_1648533156016.jpg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
The Oscars “Let's try to add more diversity and inclusion to the show with all black producers this year”
Will Smith storms the stage and bitch slaps Chris Rock over a mild GI Jane joke.
Me “Is this acceptable behavior or an example of black privilege?” It would appear on the surface everything BLM is promoting is imploding from within by the very people promoting equality. Go Figure.

Normally I’d post the infamous TJ Sotomayor you tube vid here, but it’s the lounge so I won’t.

Basically, what did they expect?
That’s what you get.

Baja 252

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but why are their still frame shots of everything except Will's hand actually hitting and distorting Rocks face.
And why no video of Will after he laughed and before he appeared on stage? I'd like to see if Jada said something to him.
Anyone see those specific things?

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I love that this thread is still going . . . and people are fumed over it. LOL . . . epic.
Cracks me up people still believe this shit wasn't staged.
Hilarious.
Let me put it into 'simpler terms' . . . It'd be like going to an awards show for magicians, and something 'crazy' happened and everyone believed it was real.
C'mon People, pull it together. 😂

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I love that this thread is still going . . . and people are fumed over it. LOL . . . epic.
Cracks me up people still believe this shit wasn't staged.
Hilarious.
Let me put it into 'simpler terms' . . . It'd be like going to an awards show for magicians, and something 'crazy' happened and everyone believed it was real.
C'mon People, pull it together. 😂

Guess what, it wasn't staged....

Reddy Too

Reaction score
Will’s open stance and shoulders along with the week grip indicates that a passing shot was not warranted. He was going down the line.

oldboatsrule

Reaction score
222 post and nobody has said it

"BSM" Bitch Slaps Matter 🖐
That's what is was all about!

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Yes, I'm posting a link to a well written article about what went on and what is happening in "New Black Hollywood"...

New Black Hollywood is resetting the terms of race, gender, and art.

Will Smith deserved his Academy Award at Sunday night’s Oscar ceremonies — not for his mush-mouthed performance in King Richard but for his more instructive display of Millennial black male confusion.

No one should feel superior to what has been called Smith’s “lack of self-control” when he walked on stage and slapped comic Chris Rock, or to Smith’s teary-eyed conflation of shame and ego when he later accepted an Oscar as Best Actor. Both moments ripped the lid off the Oscar charade in which mainstream media pretend to uphold values they have abandoned long ago.

Smith’s outbursts also revealed the unhealthy standards that have overtaken our culture, confounding ideas about race, gender, and art.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Yes, I'm posting a link to a well written article about what went on and what is happening in "New Black Hollywood"...

New Black Hollywood is resetting the terms of race, gender, and art.

Will Smith deserved his Academy Award at Sunday night’s Oscar ceremonies — not for his mush-mouthed performance in King Richard but for his more instructive display of Millennial black male confusion.

No one should feel superior to what has been called Smith’s “lack of self-control” when he walked on stage and slapped comic Chris Rock, or to Smith’s teary-eyed conflation of shame and ego when he later accepted an Oscar as Best Actor. Both moments ripped the lid off the Oscar charade in which mainstream media pretend to uphold values they have abandoned long ago.

Smith’s outbursts also revealed the unhealthy standards that have overtaken our culture, confounding ideas about race, gender, and art.

That isn’t our culture, it is the culture of the elites.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Actors acting out on a live stage at an acting award ceremony recognizing actors for their excellent acting work. However, the slap was real. 🤡🌎

What’s this. A verbal attack on a live show about a bald African American person. Oh the Hypocrisy.
👇🏽
Bald Lives Matter - Will Smith

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
This may have been the best thing to ever happen in "Rock's" career. His upcoming tour starts tomorrow Evening in Oakland, Ca, and Ticket prices have increased by $300.00 per ticket for the duration of the Tour.🤔

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Fox, is reporting that Smith was asked to leave the Ceremony, but he refused. They also stated that before there is a decision made on what action will be taken, Smith can respond to the Academy with a Letter.o_O

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Fox, is reporting that Smith was asked to leave the Ceremony, but he refused. They also stated that before there is a decision made on what action will be taken, Smith can respond to the Academy with a Letter.o_O

Yup.

The Board of Governors today initiated disciplinary proceedings against Mr. Smith for violations of the Academy’s Standards of Conduct, including inappropriate physical contact, abusive or threatening behavior, and compromising the integrity of the Academy.

Consistent with the Academy’s Standards of Conduct, as well as California law, Mr. Smith is being provided at least 15 days’ notice of a vote regarding his violations and sanctions, and the opportunity to be heard beforehand by means of a written response. At the next board meeting on April 18, the Academy may take any disciplinary action, which may include suspension, expulsion, or other sanctions permitted by the Bylaws and Standards of Conduct.

Mr. Smith’s actions at the 94th Oscars were a deeply shocking, traumatic event to witness in-person and on television. Mr. Rock, we apologize to you for what you experienced on our stage and thank you for your resilience in that moment. We also apologize to our nominees, guests and viewers for what transpired during what should have been a celebratory event.

Things unfolded in a way we could not have anticipated. While we would like to clarify that Mr. Smith was asked to leave the ceremony and refused, we also recognize we could have handled the situation differently.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
This may have been the best thing to ever happen in "Rock's" career. His upcoming tour starts tomorrow Evening in Oakland, Ca, and Ticket prices have increased by $300.00 per ticket for the duration of the Tour.🤔
Tour started tonight in Boston. Not Oakland.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Will Smith just resigned from the Academy and needs to "Step Back" and think about his Actions and Words.