WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

willow beach to cottonwood?

pcrussell50

Reaction score
been thinking of doing it soon here. are there any navigation hazards (shallow spots) between those two? been doing the lakes since i began boating 4 years ago, (have-a-screw, mo-choppy, and mead), but kinda sketched out on the river. been on the river only a few times putting in at needles and going down to havasu and back--late summer, mid-day--that was before i knew that the river level goes up and down. how do you know when it's safe on the river? seems like the experienced guys know that kind of stuff.

-peter

Last edited:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
been thinking of doing it soon here. are there any navigation hazards (shallow spots) between those two? been doing the lakes since i began boating 4 years ago, (have-a-screw, mo-choppy, and mead), but kinda sketched out on the river. been out a few times putting in at needles and going down to havasu and back--late summer, mid-day--that was before i knew that the river level goes up and down. how do you know when it's safe on the river? seems like the experienced guys know that kind of stuff.

-peter

no...easy run

pcrussell50

Reaction score
no...easy run

thanks. is that because that section of river, (between hoover dam and the top of mohave), doesn't go as low or fluctuate as much as the otherwise super cool, lower river?

-peter