WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Willow valley/Golden shores

69hondo

Reaction score
Anyone have a place in either Willow valley or Golden shores/Topock. How are the neighborhoods? Been hearing good things about Willow valley. I know everywhere has its lower class areas. The wife and I want to buy a place. We have been kicking Havasu around for a couple years but prices there have just gotten to more than we want to spend.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
@ducked_up does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

varmit86

Reaction score
I have a double lot in Willow Valley loved it while we were going. Can't beat the private beach for owners only, polite people because they live there and usally lots of fun.
Having the two private ramps there is very nice also.
I would not buy anywhere else.

If you want drive by and see my lots and if your interested hit me up. I might carry some of the paper with the right deal.

8021 Somketree Mohave Valley

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

69hondo

Reaction score
I have a double lot in Willow Valley loved it while we were going. Can't beat the private beach for owners only, polite people because they live there and usally lots of fun.
Having the two private ramps there is very nice also.
I would not buy anywhere else.

If you want drive by and see my lots and if your interested hit me up. I might carry some of the paper with the right deal.

8021 Somketree Mohave Valley

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Wow, sounds awesome. We wont be out that way again until middle of June but yeah I would like to check it out.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Absolutely love Willow Valley. We haven’t been in a long time since we moved to Havasu, but it’s a very special place. You hear about minor property crimes now and then, but for the most part everyone there looks out for each other. In the process of getting our place (yard) cleaned up so we can get it listed.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I have a place here in Golden shores. Some rougher streets/mobiles, some overdone kinda whiz-bang. Really an odd mix. I had a mobile that was in a nice park with a private ramp...really miss that part. I don't miss the space rental though. 2-3 times a year the road floods to Topock. They worked it again this year, so we'll see. I really like the idea that we can head out offroading and shooting really close, so winter means the place gets used too.

The good, for us, bigger lot/availability...we have about 3/4 acre. Offroading close. We come from Prescott area, so it's a little closer.

The bad...1/2 hour to wally-world. Only 1 gas station (new owner...higher prices than before!) Limited shopping.

The rougher types seem to stay to themselves. Place is quiet on big weekends, not a lot of drunken SxS traffic and such.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Anyone have a place in either Willow valley or Golden shores/Topock. How are the neighborhoods? Been hearing good things about Willow valley. I know everywhere has its lower class areas. The wife and I want to buy a place. We have been kicking Havasu around for a couple years but prices there have just gotten to more than we want to spend.
You should talk to @Big B Hova . . .

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I hear good things about Willow Valley, in fact there is a lot directly across from the marina for sale right now that looks cool. Lots of good people up there

Golden Shores is full of good people as well, some cool houses, it's a mix as @monkeyswrench said. Have a few buddies in there. It's a bit far off the water for me, but if you want land and open desert access its awesome. Topock's ramp is a little sketchy, that's your nearest ramp.

Just food for thought - I Can't say enough good things about RBV in Needles.
Beaches directly out front, accessible from any house in the hood. Launch ramps on either end of community. Golf course in the back yard. Full hookup camground next door for your "overflow" buddies. Below the bridge so you can boat without having to navigate depth issues and underwater obstacles. The only downside is that it' CA property taxes, and CA regulation of 2A. Not a huge deal to me, but its a deal breaker for some. Other than that, it's smog exempt, 2A "friendly" (its been self declared a 2A sanctutary city) and seems to offer a mix of amenities that's hard to get elsewhere unless your spending 1.5M up near Budwieser road. They are even talking about making it legal to drive Side X Sides and buggies within city limits, so you can legally cruise them across the bridge into AZ and run over there without having to "sneak" across.

Last edited:

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
RBV is not for me. The homes are too close to one another. And I'm not into HOAS. :(

If you would like to build there are some Acre+ lots available near me, S Park Place, Mohave Valley.

We have 1.5 acres with a ranch style custom home that we bought in 2016 fully fenced. NO HOA
The Hallett, the GTO and our other vehicles have garages.
We are about a mile and a half drive to get to Jack Smith and Needles launch ramp.
I love the solitude where we live.
To each their own. ;)

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

@Hallett Dave
It’s a trade off for sure. Waterfront with ramps and beaches, VS 1.5 Acre a few miles into the desert.

It just depends on what your looking to do with the pad.

If you go up river a few miles you can have your cake and eat it to for 1.6M lol. If I win the lotto....that’s where I’m going. Wait...If I win the lotto, I’m buying both of my neighbors houses, turning one into a garage, the other into a man cave 😎

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
I have a place here in Golden shores. Some rougher streets/mobiles, some overdone kinda whiz-bang. Really an odd mix. I had a mobile that was in a nice park with a private ramp...really miss that part. I don't miss the space rental though. 2-3 times a year the road floods to Topock. They worked it again this year, so we'll see. I really like the idea that we can head out offroading and shooting really close, so winter means the place gets used too.

The good, for us, bigger lot/availability...we have about 3/4 acre. Offroading close. We come from Prescott area, so it's a little closer.

The bad...1/2 hour to wally-world. Only 1 gas station (new owner...higher prices than before!) Limited shopping.

The rougher types seem to stay to themselves. Place is quiet on big weekends, not a lot of drunken SxS traffic and such.
How much off-road terrain is available outside Golden Shores?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
here's the absolute "HOLY GRAIL" home,...surrounded by new homes,.. willow valley marina privilege's... So what makes this one so great???? first off,.. it has it's own walk around lake.... and again.... all the homes on the street are new.. shows nothing but pride of ownership,... 3 car boat deep garage with rear exit… full block walled rear yard with gates.... landscape front...not try'n to discount the rest of the area...but... neighbors??? everybodys on the same page of nice here... and to top it off.... Owner financing.....trade something for down... and it's move in ready... no having to skip this years boating season...

1590853897227.png
1590853897227.png

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
here's the absolute "HOLY GRAIL" home,...surrounded by new homes,.. willow valley marina privilege's... So what makes this one so great???? first off,.. it has it's own walk around lake.... and again.... all the homes on the street are new.. shows nothing but pride of ownership,... 3 car boat deep garage with rear exit… full block walled rear yard with gates.... landscape front...not try'n to discount the rest of the area...but... neighbors??? everybodys on the same page of nice here... and to top it off.... Owner financing.....trade something for down... and it's move in ready... no having to skip this years boating season...

View attachment 882460 View attachment 882460

pics of lake?

D19

Reaction score
Best marina on the river and located on the best stretch of river.

Backlash

Reaction score
2FF should have this sucker sold sooner than later. With the Havasu prices climbing and the fact his home is new construction, seems like a solid deal IMHO. Maybe you found your buyer! 👍

If Looks Could Kill

Reaction score
Marina being dredged this winter and a new launch ramp being installed
existing ramp is fine but new one going in

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
How much off-road terrain is available outside Golden Shores?
Out here now, and my phone internet sucks, so just seeing this. Best way to get an idea would be to google earth. Some dune sand hills to get stuck on, and some dirt roads and trails to fly down. Can hit Oatman, and some have gone to Havasu and out east of here. Hard to figure a difinitive amount, but a fair amount.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Out here now, and my phone internet sucks, so just seeing this. Best way to get an idea would be to google earth. Some dune sand hills to get stuck on, and some dirt roads and trails to fly down. Can hit Oatman, and some have gone to Havasu and out east of here. Hard to figure a difinitive amount, but a fair amount.
Sweet! My dad just got a place there!

82daytona

Reaction score
I guess you can call it a lake after it rains and the streets are flooded 🤷🏽‍♂️

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I guess cimarron lake sounds better than cimarron pond.
One of the things I've found out about the area.... the dirt,... you have to do post tension or the house settles and foundation cracks....roger digs out 3' deep of dirt out and puts in compacted type 2...roger really does a nice build and is on the project probley 10 hours a day... he walks in and out of these homes thousands of times before they get the CO......

Joker

Reaction score

I’m sure you’ve seen my sister and her husband around. They’re at the end of the road against blm land. Got the spiral staircase going to the upper deck out back.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I’m sure you’ve seen my sister and her husband around. They’re at the end of the road against blm land. Got the spiral staircase going to the upper deck out back.
Yep! My place is just north, and in maybe 4 lots? I like it. I sure as hell miss having a dock, but don't miss the "crowds". I am far from the party crew type. My last straw at my old place was someone blowing up a pumpkin at midnight...Getting that shit off my truck the next morning sucked. Had a list of people that wanted our place. Pissed off some people when I didn't put it up for sale. Called a nice lady that had liked it, and took my money out to Az. It's not baller status, but no space rent or fees. Gutted the inside and re-did it. It's really nice to be able to park when I'm pulling the bigger trailers too. The old place I'd have to park in the storage area if I stopped at the river coming back from road trips.