WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Window debate! Thoughts?

Singleton

Reaction score
WHAT THE FUCK THE WINDOW WAS ALREADY INSTALLED

IT WAS FUCKING REMOVED

View attachment 976207

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTF - in an earlier text / e-mail exchange he sent you a pic with the window installed already.
hate to say this, but you are best walking away. Going to be more issues down the road IMO.

hallett21

Reaction score
Pre signing of papers

Fiberglass shower insert.

Wanted tile shower. Did not mention window being removed.

Signed paperwork.

Is there an elevation drawing of the insert in the bathroom?

Looks like you’re in the right. However coming from the contractor side I would suggest smoothing it over. Otherwise your project will be delayed and more costly for you moving forward.

Edit: not saying it’s right. But you’re building a home in a historically boom/bust town.

When the money is flowing the guys will go where the money is at every time. He’s not going to want to lose money or make less to keep his relationship with you. Just my .02

hallett21

Reaction score
WTF - in an earlier text / e-mail exchange he sent you a pic with the window installed already.
hate to say this, but you are best walking away. Going to be more issues down the road IMO.

Not sure he can if builder owns dirt until complete? Just guessing since it’s a spec build.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Meet up in person, make peace, resolve the issue and move forward. It's not worth blowing the situation up and making the rest of the project very uncomfortable and confrontational. You gotta know when to stop emailing / texting, and just meet up and squash the beef. Shit gets needlessly heated over keyboards....

It's wierd that the window was in previously, then removed. But....you have to realize that he's not the only guy looking at your plans, he's got a team of people working on the house, possibly some of them are subs, or workers that are doing multiple projects. Stuff like that can get fuzzy on the plans, and shit happens.

Keep your cool, keep a close watch on the progress, and keep a cordial relationship with the GC. People work better when they're happy, and you'll get a better product in the end. You can put an ice cold beer on your forehead while your relaxing at your new river house to make yourself feel better

motormonkey

Reaction score
Holy shit that's funny. You have a pic with the window in.
Either you want a out or calm down and talk it out calmly. Only you two know what was said.
It will be a nice place when finished and know it will be worth more than paid.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Holy shit that's funny. You have a pic with the window in.
Either you want a out or calm down and talk it out calmly. Only you two know what was said.
It will be a nice place when finished and know it will be worth more than paid.

I need to take a walk and calm down or have a beer lol

grumpy88

Reaction score
Is it just me, or would this conversation have went better with a phone call rather then text?
Down side to when things go this way, is in court its he said she said instead of a paper trail .

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
WHAT THE FUCK THE WINDOW WAS ALREADY INSTALLED

IT WAS FUCKING REMOVED

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk View attachment 976207

This would not go well if it were me.. I would text him that photo and be like...where is my window...that was already installed. To me it sounds like he is incompetent...and a corner cutter based on the pic of how they "reframed" the window opening.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I will never build anything again in a good economy . I feel your frustration . Its not your job to baby sit subcontractors work . You have saved the general contractor money and time for your self . Keeping a eye on details and time frames plus quality of work is why they are hired . Being busy is a bull shit excuse . Nobody on here would put up with the b.s. going on if it was there new boat build . Like everybody has said dont expect any favors but it sounds like he probably was not going to provide any so who cares .

HCP3

Reaction score
Do you have an original copy of the plan you initialled? I would love to see if the window was drawn in or not.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Agreed. It sounds like crzy2bealive is a no BS kinda dude and it sounds like the Builder is also a No BS type of dude. Meet up, or phone call. Talk through it, get back on track.

Yup just going sleep on it and start fresh tomorrow and give him a call

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
At least you don't have a painting contractor wanting $7sft to paint an interior of your house...

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
Just so the the (p) gallery knows. This is a developer, his tract, has somewhere near 100 lots. If I remember correctly he had 3 different plans, 1 without the rv garage, nice plans. Started about 2012, I did some work there 2014ish , average quality for mohave County, all the same subs as everyone else in the valley. Been a while, but the attitude is what I remember of the GC. Work it out and move forward. It's not a Custom home. If you want a second opinion during your rough trades walk, I'm right up the street and around most weekends.

braindead

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this situation I’m going through with my contractor.

Bathroom is framed for window, but no window in sight. Window is in the plans.

View attachment 976014

This is his response when I asked him.

View attachment 976011

My response

View attachment 976013

Shit all the things I caught that he would have had to fix later saved him money.

-Robert

considering there’s no dates or signatures posted on any of the drawings that you submitted and the fact that the window is crossed out in the drawing, it’s hard to say who’s in the right.

I am also a GC and if you hand me a set up plans from your architect that I give you a bid on, before being finalized by the city, don’t be surprised when my bid goes up after the city increase the size and depth of your foundations, sheer walls and other structural members throughout the house.

you need to look at the date you signed those plans compared to the plans the GC building the spec house submitEd to you

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Fun fact, buildings with the most windows.

IMG_0773.png

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
To make a Long phone call short the window installed got moved to the shower.

I’m getting a window

I let him bitch how he has money tied into this build, that I could walk anytime, that this bathroom typically doesn’t have window because insert usually goes in.

He admitted fault without admitting fault....

He just repeated his email.

So much I wanted to say.

I said let’s move on, get the window in, and that was that.