WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Window Insulation

Icky

Reaction score
Had that foil crap on my weekend warrior windows and it was ugly at best. Always falling down and looked like shit. Anyone use anything different, like a foam radiant barrier? I searched for solar rv blinds with no luck since that would be the cleanest way.

How do you think this would work?
Screenshot_20210408-202448_DuckDuckGo.jpg

fmo24

Reaction score
I’ve seen a couple of coaches use this. It just seems like more bulky stuff to store when traveling.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Had that foil crap on my weekend warrior windows and it was ugly at best. Always falling down and looked like shit. Anyone use anything different, like a foam radiant barrier? I searched for solar rv blinds with no luck since that would be the cleanest way.

How do you think this would work?
View attachment 990394

It would work but is 1” thick and would be difficult to get a clean cut.

I used the same stuff you used.

Ive seen quite a few people that have had outside screens made that snap on. I dont remember the material but its like window screen material that blocks the sun. To me this would be the best so you can still see out the windows.

Not sure what ww you have but i have a 3705. I put on a 2nd ac then bought a room ac and ducted the exhaust out of that vent you use to let fumes out when the toys are in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Icky

Reaction score

Ive seen quite a few people that have had outside screens made that snap on. I dont remember the material but its like window screen material that blocks the sun. To me this would be the best so you can still see out the windows.

Not sure what ww you have but i have a 3705. I put on a 2nd ac then bought a room ac and ducted the exhaust out of that vent you use to let fumes out when the toys are in there.

I now have a genesis CR40, sold the fsw28 in October. I saw the ones that snap on the outside, but I'm hesitant about gluing or screwing snaps on the outside of my trailer. It has 2ac units, mainly wanted to put it on the windows when I'm not there as we will be leaving it in Parker for the summer.

fmo24

Reaction score
check out Magne Shade. They use magnets glued to the windows to hold the window shades.
8BF54D4C-1857-41C3-A4C0-AEE6D26068D0.jpeg

Done-it-again

Reaction score

Icky

Reaction score
I'm going to looking into solar window tint as well.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
We did the bubble wrap stuff from Home depot for the oval window near the bathroom on our Vortex. Worked great over Easter at Pirates cove.
Yeah I used that for years in my last trailer in Havasu. It works decent for the money, just not that easy on the eyes 👀

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Yeah I used that for years in my last trailer in Havasu. It works decent for the money, just not that easy on the eyes 👀

Would agree, but that window is odd. I opted of all black out shades in our trailer. Worked pretty good and 3 AC's kept the trailer mid/low 70's during last weekend.

Going to look into the RV black out shades you posted....

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I just put new blinds on my trailer. They are blackout with foil in them. Not super cheap 600$ for 5 windows. I will be doing regular foil for the last two windows that I can’t do blinds on

Icky

Reaction score
I just put new blinds on my trailer. They are blackout with foil in them. Not super cheap 600$ for 5 windows. I will be doing regular foil for the last two windows that I can’t do blinds on
Link?

Singleton

Reaction score
I used the foil stuff, then wrapped them in window screen material.
then had fabric sewn on the inside. So from inside they look like fabric shade and outside they look black. Works well

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

I have thought over and over about the room AC with it exhausting the hot air out.... this is what i came up with.....the amout of air that is coming out of the ehaust vent, is the same amount of air that is being removed from the coach,... which means that it is pressurizing the inside of the coach making it constantly sucking the hot out side air in.....which puts a big load on the roof AC's.... I've seen some that have 2 vent hose's so that it's drawing the hot air through the room ac... then venting it out...leaving the cool air to circulate... although very unsightly , a more efficent way would be to add a through wall unit that you could put in a window and remove when you travel....some times being cool doesn't look too cool though...

Backlash

Reaction score
We keep our Holiday Rambler in Parker all year and just use the inexpensive silver bubble wrap in the windows. The heat of the desert sun is going to quickly kill any fabric product you install. Period. It just gets too damn hot for anything to hold up out there. The rest of ours is insulated fairly well (It could still be better in places). We typically only fire up both A/C's when we first arrive and that's just to cool it down. After that, we're comfortable with only one A/C running unless its absurd outside.