WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Window tint (again? really?)...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So when I bought my Jetta TDI in 2011, I had ALL the windows tinted with the 3M Crystalline stuff. Cost a freakin fortune, but came with a Lifetime warranty.

It recently got to the point AT NIGHT, where you could hardly see through it. It was ok during the day, but the lights at night made it look like you were driving through the fog. And yes it was on the windshield.

Called 3M. They said...

If you still have the card they gave you and your original receipt, and you are the original owner purchaser, take it to Tint Masters in Ontario, and they will warranty it for you.

Made an appointment, dropped it off yesterday morning, and picked it up this morning.

NO CHARGE! Windshield and front doors look brand new again.

http://www.tintmasterspro.com/ < did Excellent work

So glad I went with 3M!

:happydance:

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Did you tint ( re tint) the whole windshield or just the top strip?

sirbob

Reaction score
We use Laguna Beach Window Tint for our cars.

My son had his back window start to bubble and they said bring it in - 1 hour later the window was good as new.

Cost $0

I have no idea what product they use and there was NO hassle at all. In fact I mentioned one of the other cars that sits in the driveway seems to be getting cloudy on the side that is in the direct sun the most. He said don't wait - if you think its going off, bring it in and he will redo it. That was 12 years ago when it was installed - no issues about receipts etc.

Laguna Beach Window Tint has our business for life.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Did you tint ( re tint) the whole windshield or just the top strip?

The whole windshield. Did the doors the same tint, so you can't really tell the front 3 windows are tinted. The 3M stuff blocks the heat and UV rays. The interior of my car still looks like it did brand new. I think we used the lightest shade they made.

oldschool

Reaction score
The whole windshield. Did the doors the same tint, so you can't really tell the front 3 windows are tinted. The 3M stuff blocks the heat and UV rays. The interior of my car still looks like it did brand new. I think we used the lightest shade they made.

Outlaw!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You know I almost wrote a thread about window tint awhile back and how you can do the windshield and side windows and the cops wouldn't notice..

Then I realized the board is full of cops, and I didn't want to bone all my friends with new found tickets. :D.

All my previous cars had the windshield tinted and side windows tinted etc.. when I lived in CA. Never one ticket.

RD

Hdgasser

Reaction score
I dont think I'll own another vehicle with out the windshield tinted. My last truck I went a little dark which made it hard to see at nite but I delt with it.

This is with both front windows down.
IMG_2024.jpg

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I put clear ceramic tint on the windshield of my new F150. You can’t tell it’s there and it’s supposed to keep the heat down. We will see when summer hits

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So what your saying is 3M tint products suck but they will stand behind it since you paid a fortune.:D:D

Well...

If ten years of service is bad, then yeah, I guess it does suck! lol

I put clear ceramic tint on the windshield of my new F150. You can’t tell it’s there and it’s supposed to keep the heat down. We will see when summer hits

The heat and the UV rays. Your dash will thank you.

I got the slight tint on mine, cause any little thing helps coming home in the late in the day, with the sun right in your eyes! :mad:

shunter2005

Reaction score
I had clear ceramic put on my wife's Infiniti in '15. It did block the heat through the windshield, but it always hazy to look thru. Even from day one. Wife wound up hating it. Sure it's much better now than it was then. It is, or at least was illegal to put that on the windshield at all in Texas if they want to jack you up, even if it's clear.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
I had Tint Masters do my old truck with the 3M stuff. After 16 years they never faded, hazed or bubbled.

I need to go have them remove the old and re tint on the new truck. The tint is way too dark and is fading to a brownish color.