WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Windshield Brackets for my Spectra

Skee

Unknown Member
Reaction score
I know someone here had some of these brackets available,but I can't seem to find them...Anybody know where I can get some? I wanna put mine back on but I have a few broken ones....Help?! :p

Just Electric

freway offramp panhandler
Reaction score
man two weeks to late i threw a shitload of them awy:thumbsdown

Skee

Unknown Member
Reaction score
man two weeks to late i threw a shitload of them awy:thumbsdown

Dude....thats not the answer I was lookin' for! :p :D Anyway,there was something posted here quite awhile back about somebody that had some,but he wanted $30 for four,plus shipping,I dunno if he still has 'em and I don't remember who it was,but I guess I gotta break out the $$ if I want them. Now I just gotta find out who the hell it was!:skull Unless somone else steps up! ;)

Just Electric

Reaction score
hey skee i found six of them shoot me a pm with an address and i will get them out to ya

Just Electric

Reaction score
i sent them out via us mail yesterday you should get them in a few days

Skee

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Thanks again Brother! :D Tracy aka "Skee"

BHC River Rat

Reaction score
I was able to order some through Campbell in Havasu. They are a Taylor item, and cost about 25 bucks for 4 of 'em.
Perfect match for a '79 Sectra 20.

Pacifica41

Reaction score
hey skee i found six of them shoot me a pm with an address and i will get them out to ya
I know this is an old post but I’m looking for 4 windshield brackets for my 79 Spectra 20. Any chance you might have a few still. If not any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance, Joe

spectra bash

Reaction score
i might have some. Ill take a look tommarow. Where are you located?

spectra bash

Reaction score
I'll look around and let you know. Not sure if i have them still or not.

yankcan0

Reaction score
I know someone here had some of these brackets available,but I can't seem to find them...Anybody know where I can get some? I wanna put mine back on but I have a few broken ones....Help?! :p
I think Taylor still makes the original brackets. They were in their catalogue the last time I looked. I ordered some from them a couple of years ago. I think West Marine can order them.

spectra bash

Reaction score
I have been looking all around the garage have not found any yet. I will keep looking

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
I know I have a baggy of them laying around, I'll check Thursday when I run over to the storage.

Pacifica41

Reaction score
I know I have a baggy of them laying around, I'll check Thursday when I run over to the storage.
Just wondering if you might have a couple of them available. I have 3 broken ones and would really like to secure my windshield in place. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance, Joe

Pacifica41

Reaction score
Maw did you ever come across any of those windshield brackets by chance. I gave my broken ones to my neighbor who works for a machine shop to see if he could drill out the thread and tap some quarter twenty thread into the body and then put a stainless stud into it. It would be nice to have a couple if this doesn’t work out. Thanks

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
Maw did you ever come across any of those windshield brackets by chance. I gave my broken ones to my neighbor who works for a machine shop to see if he could drill out the thread and tap some quarter twenty thread into the body and then put a stainless stud into it. It would be nice to have a couple if this doesn’t work out. Thanks

Sorry, had to do a quick turn-around trip to Havasu yesterday. I'll try and get over there this afternoon and look around.

Your's must be larger than the ones I have because I don't think the threads were over an 8-32 along with a locating pin. All from memory so I'm not 100% sure of that.

Nice boat in your avatar. Our first "big" boat was it's baby brother, the Pacifica 36. We need to team up this next year for some offshore work once the weather warms up and the tuna return.

Pacifica41

Reaction score
Sorry, had to do a quick turn-around trip to Havasu yesterday. I'll try and get over there this afternoon and look around.

Your's must be larger than the ones I have because I don't think the threads were over an 8-32 along with a locating pin. All from memory so I'm not 100% sure of that.

Nice boat in your avatar. Our first "big" boat was it's baby brother, the Pacifica 36. We need to team up this next year for some offshore work once the weather warms up and the tuna return.
Ah the man that notices things. Yes it’s a Pacifica 41 hence the name on this site. We spent all winter down in Ensenada getting the tower built on it. I have a guy down there that can literally build anything out of stainless steel. I may be heading back down in February to have all new 1-1/2 inch hand rails made. Depends on what happens with he caravaners down in TJ.

nuckingfuts

Reaction score
Just wondering if you might have a couple of them available. I have 3 broken ones and would really like to secure my windshield in place. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance, Joe
I think the guy in Havasu has them at least he did when I had a new windshield for my 24 made a few years ago. Not sure of the spelling but it is something like Finnies or Fineys I think.

Pacifica41

Reaction score
I think the guy in Havasu has them at least he did when I had a new windshield for my 24 made a few years ago. Not sure of the spelling but it is something like Finnies or Fineys I think.
Thanks, I’ll look them up.

Pacifica41

Reaction score
I just found them on eBay. Punch in Taylor Made 1623 and there’s a guy in Everett Washington that has 7 more packs of them. They come 4 in a pack for $21.00.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
Would those Taylor Made External Deck Angle TAY-1623 have the right angle for a low profile wind screen on a 20.5ft 1971 Campbell?

Pacifica41

Reaction score
Would those Taylor Made External Deck Angle TAY-1623 have the right angle for a low profile wind screen on a 20.5ft 1971 Campbell?
Look up 1607 or 1623 Taylor Made brackets. I don’t know what angle your screen is but if it’s like the Spectra the 1623 is the right angle for your application. The new brackets are delicate so be careful not to tighten them down too much. Just an FYI

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
Look up 1607 or 1623 Taylor Made brackets. I don’t know what angle your screen is but if it’s like the Spectra the 1623 is the right angle for your application. The new brackets are delicate so be careful not to tighten them down too much. Just an FYI
I called Taylor Made they told me they are no longer made anymore, and they had no replacement bracket.
They do have the 1607, I'll have to call again about the angle.
Thanks

Last edited:

Pacifica41

Reaction score
I called Taylor Made they told me they are no longer made anymore, and they had no replacement bracket.
They do have the 1607, I'll have to call again about the angle.
Thanks
I found the 1623 brackets on eBay from some guy up in the Pacific Northwest. At the time of purchase (April) he had several sets for sale

yankcan0

Reaction score
Taylor still has them in their catalogue. West Marine can get them.

hd85ironhead

Reaction score
I could use a whole set of originals, if anyone has one. If not, I could use a single one to have more made.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
I ended up buying aluminum Flat bar stock and drilled two holes and bent to the right anlge, Worked great and cheap.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
Scratch that. I've found mine and will have a set made.
do you have a photo of the brackets? I have a 71 campbell 20.5ft with aluminum flat bar two holes and bent to fit the wind deflector.
I have been told to look up 1607 or 1623 Taylor Made brackets, I would like to compare yours, Thanks
onthelake1.jpg
onthelake3.jpg

hd85ironhead

Reaction score
The stud is missing about a quarter of an inch. It snapped when we were taking the windshield off a few years ago.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
The stud is missing about a quarter of an inch. It snapped when we were taking the windshield off a few years ago.
Nice Thank you, they must get mounted over the rubber?
My flat bar goes threw a slit on the rubber

hd85ironhead

Reaction score
No prob. The stud goes through a rubber grommet in the windshield. The mounts were then screwed directly into the boat.

old rigger

Reaction score
do you have a photo of the brackets? I have a 71 campbell 20.5ft with aluminum flat bar two holes and bent to fit the wind deflector.
I have been told to look up 1607 or 1623 Taylor Made brackets, I would like to compare yours, Thanks
View attachment 809887 View attachment 809888

This company in San Diego shows in a few of the pictures the same hardware (I think) that your Campbell uses to mount the windshield. You can see them in this pic from their site. I can't remember what those little bolts are called....if I ever even fucking knew.

https://www.eplastics.com/boat-windshields

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
This company in San Diego shows in a few of the pictures the same hardware (I think) that your Campbell uses to mount the windshield. You can see them in this pic from their site. I can't remember what those little bolts are called....if I ever even fucking knew.

https://www.eplastics.com/boat-windshields
Thank you, my windshield is from finney in Havasu, I'll call your sore tomorrow