WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Windsor Grass

YZFRider

Reaction score
How is the grass at Windsor (not the smoking kind)? Heard its causing issues. Is one ramp better to use.

fishing fool

Reaction score
Not too sure of a issue, but yes there is grass in the lake.
After I launch or go thru the channel I get out and clean all the grass off the drive before I take off. Better safe then sorry.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Windsor is a mess, grass is 4'-6' below water line all the way past no wake bouys

Reaction score
because I boat the Delta I know for a fact Grass is more of a issue for jet boats than outdrives, or O/B

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I launch at Windsor north ramp all the time and never had any issue with grass this year. It's there but about 6-8 feet under water and not much floating around.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I think they've actually been mowing the grass at Windsor and the channel, but seems like a lot of it gets away from them.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
It sucked last weekend. Was so thick that I had trouble reversing.....lol. Launched at the marina on Sunday to get all if it off my trailer. It was hilarious because a huge chunk came off and was floating in the marina.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Not too sure of a issue, but yes there is grass in the lake.
After I launch or go thru the channel I get out and clean all the grass off the drive before I take off. Better safe then sorry.

Going North in the channel to get to Windsor, the S/D picked up a bunch. I was watching the temp gauge and she started to climb real fast when we cleared the no wake zone. I just stopped and backed up and all was well. Went North above the ramp just to make sure no impellor damage. All systems good.