WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Windsor POPO

Javajoe

Reaction score
Just got off the water at South Windsor ramp and the north ramp had a few sheriff boats docked and Like 3 sheriff cars at the ramp. Anybody know what was up?

socal0487

Reaction score
Just got off the water at South Windsor ramp and the north ramp had a few sheriff boats docked and Like 3 sheriff cars at the ramp. Anybody know what was up?

this?

Attachments

• 86280A7C-CF9D-409B-9472-7CF17AB698A2.png
    86280A7C-CF9D-409B-9472-7CF17AB698A2.png
    419.5 KB · Views: 822

Javajoe

Reaction score
Thanks. I figured it may a boat vs. PWC. I had to dodge a few.
I went by a boat pulling a tube in the gorge. Really crazy. Tons of fast boats and real narrow. Accident waiting to happen

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Thanks. I figured it may a boat vs. PWC. I had to dodge a few.
I went by a boat pulling a tube in the gorge. Really crazy. Tons of fast boats and real narrow. Accident waiting to happen

I get the fact Parker Strip is narrow and you have tubing there. I don’t get guys tubing in the river going towards the gorge when they just left a lake with plenty of area to make turns and tube out of the way for hours.
Darwinism is real

riverroyal

Reaction score
Ive never seen so many under age operators as this weekend
Real bad.
Kids looked like 12 going thru the channel
All over thompson bay

Reactions: DWC

Javajoe

Reaction score
Ive never seen so many under age operators as this weekend
Real bad.
Kids looked like 12 going thru the channel
All over thompson bay
Saw a few young ones at Pirates also

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
We have the same thing on the lower river. Plenty of areas and times of day for tubing. But it still amazes me the number of people who do it near Fishers during peak hours. The busiest and congested area! They must HATE their kids... is all I can say.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Also amazes me how many rental ski operators congregate just outside the buoy line on the north side of channel. I get that they dont want to go that far out to screw around and do donuts but that area has so many boats coming on plane and off plane, accelerating etc., and then the Windsor ramp traffic figures into it as well. Just seems like some common sense by the operators would allow them to go to less congregated areas.

We took the ferry over to gamble Saturday afternoon, they game very close to nudging some rental toons out of the way. I am not a big fan of the way the captains drive that thing but at the same time these people are just clueless ahead of him.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
I had a close call with a PWC at Lake Pleasant on Sunday. Dude just decided to turn right in front of me. Never looked to see if anyone was coming up on him. Scared the shit out of me and my passengers.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
I had a close call with a PWC at Lake Pleasant on Sunday. Dude just decided to turn right in front of me. Never looked to see if anyone was coming up on him. Scared the shit out of me and my passengers.
Happens to me every-time I go out. I just assume they are going to turn in front of me. I guarantee, if they turn in front of you and get hit, you will be sued for everything you own for years.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Happens to me every-time I go out. I just assume they are going to turn in front of me. I guarantee, if they turn in front of you and get hit, you will be sued for everything you own for years.

PLUS!!, if you have a "DROP" of Alochol in you. One way or another you're HAD!!

Javajoe

Reaction score
That’s when you wish you had a loud horn on your steering wheel

Hydroman55

Reaction score
This is the number 1 reason I don’t drink and boat!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
High risk behavior with all the craziness for sure. I live in Havasu and basically quit taking my 26 cat out. Way too much shit going on since Corona hit, it’s like SOCAL traffic 7 days a week on the lake now. Once the free money stops and the economy crashes the PWC problem will be minimized.
Until then I take
F886AC3E-F6C3-4799-97C4-5C7EF7912BEF.jpeg
the v-drive and motorhome up to Needles during the week to escape the nonsense.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Sadly this thread isn’t going to end well. I’m not going to share details so don’t ask.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Damn ….too bad
Boat operator must feel horrible
Condolences to the family

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
What Walt said. The kid passed away yesterday morning. His aunt (we are friends on social media) had posted it yesterday. Extremely unfortunate.
He really never had a chance unfortunately based on his injuries, only upside to this is if his organs can go to someone else. Friend described what is what like when they told the parents, brutal.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
That's sad for everyone involved. PWC do not have brakes. New operators don't understand that.

Mike K

Reaction score
I hope the young man is going to be ok. Terrible ...
100% of the time ... if there is a PWC in front of me ... I am expecting it to make a left or right or u turn right in front of me.
Seriously ... I always expect it.
You'd be an idiot if you didn't think it was gonna happen ... cuz it always will ... almost all the time.
I always have to slow down and try to make eye contact with the driver before I pass or go closer.
Seems like the accidents on PWC are usually young peeps ...
Maybe a big decal on the dash that says " LOOK BEFORE YOU TURN"

Water Romper

Reaction score
"Speed and operation behavior of the personal watercraft appear to be contributing factors" Gee, go figure.
I posted this quote from the article I read about the incident, this was prior to hearing about the youngster passing away. Behavior on ANY watercraft is always a contributing factor, be it doing somthing wrong or averting a situation (heads up boating) I feel for the kids family and the poor guy/gal who was involved in the collision. Imagine a nice day on the lake and within seconds a life is taken due to behavior on a watercraft. Unfortunately, we will be reading more stories like this before the end of the season, wish I could be proven wrong.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
I posted this quote from the article I read about the incident, this was prior to hearing about the youngster passing away. Behavior on ANY watercraft is always a contributing factor, be it doing somthing wrong or averting a situation (heads up boating) I feel for the kids family and the poor guy/gal who was involved in the collision. Imagine a nice day on the lake and within seconds a life is taken due to behavior on a watercraft. Unfortunately, we will be reading more stories like this before the end of the season, wish I could be proven wrong.
My second biggest complaint after PWCs operators is boaters too…I can not believe every time I go out on Havasu someone approaching in the opposite direction is on the wrong side and has no clue what their doing wrong. Playing chicken is not my idea of a good time.
My comments are not about the poor kid regardless of who was at fault but to point out folks should pay more attention and assume the other person is not.
I always tell people like riding a motorcycle, assume the drivers can’t see you and you’ll avoid 90 percent of the issues.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I hope the young man is going to be ok. Terrible ...
100% of the time ... if there is a PWC in front of me ... I am expecting it to make a left or right or u turn right in front of me.
Seriously ... I always expect it.
You'd be an idiot if you didn't think it was gonna happen ... cuz it always will ... almost all the time.
I always have to slow down and try to make eye contact with the driver before I pass or go closer.
Seems like the accidents on PWC are usually young peeps ...
Maybe a big decal on the dash that says " LOOK BEFORE YOU TURN"
He didnt make it, tough night for all involved, ER nurses were pretty tore up and they are tough as nails.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Very Sad
Ya know… Everybody always thinks PWC’s are always reckless but sometimes it’s just the boater or PWC that did not see the other. I always am real nervous about passing a PWC and even other boats. Shit happens quick. I had a Skater pass me doing probably 110+ heading up by the sand bar like I was standing still. Came up quick. Doesn’t take much for someone to make a bad move in front of him.

Mike K

Reaction score
OMG ... prayers for the family ... life is so fragile sometimes.