WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Winfield & Watson Custom Car & Hot Rod Gathering

wolfie

Reaction score
Heading to Mojave this Sunday for the show honoring Barris, Bill Hines, and Sam and Chip Foose. Kind of incorporating it into a business trip on Monday. The F-I-L is one of the hosts. Should be a nice show with an auction to benefit Progeria Research Foundation (Foose's youngest sister died of Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome) and a tribute to Ed Roth and Von Dutch.

Last edited:

cakemoto

Reaction score
foose is gay.......i worked with his shop @ the peterson.boyd was the man:thumbsup

wolfie

Reaction score
foose is gay.......i worked with his shop @ the peterson.boyd was the man:thumbsup

Boyd was a friend (as much as Boyd could have one) of my father-in-law as is Foose. He'd known both for many years. I got to meet Boyd a few times. I thought he was an arrogant, phony douche who got butt hurt anytime someone beat him in a show. I know this one first hand from when one of the cars my f-i-l painted beat out Boyd's at the Grand National Roadster Show a few years back. He wouldn't talk to anyone for 6 months.
Foose is no different in person as he portrays on his show. Boyd was a scam artist. I always checked to make sure I still had my watch after shaking hands with him.
I do have to admit that Boyd did bring the hot rod world to the mainstream with his phony, scripted show.