WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Winter Blast cancelled

Dettom

Reaction score
Saw in the paper that the annual Winter Blast fireworks show at SARA Park has cancelled for 2021. Always fun to see, but COVID concerns claims another local event.

Singleton

Reaction score
Fuck!
I am running out of ways to keep normal in my daughters life.
all events she wanted to go to are being cancelled

King of Hammers better not get cancelled

Last edited:

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Fuck!
I am running out of ways to keep normal in my daughters life.
all events she wanted to go to are being cancelled

King of Hammers better not get cancelled
February in California, wont happen, no way. Way to many people in Hammer Town for Gavin to tolerate.

Singleton

Reaction score
Shit, makes me wonder if Desert Storm in April is even a possibility at this point, especially with sleepy Joe at the helm by then

same thought. Still plan on moving back into the Islander on April 15. One difference is if I drive home April 25 or stay longer

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Shit, makes me wonder if Desert Storm in April is even a possibility at this point, especially with sleepy Joe at the helm by then

BUT!! You posted back during the original concern about the Election early results that it doesn't matter how it goes. People just need to keep their heads down and work hard and it will all be fine.🤔

Singleton

Reaction score
February in California, wont happen, no way. Way to many people in Hammer Town for Gavin to tolerate.

Just looked - have posted full schedule and C19 mitigation plan. Permit was issued.
looks like everyone who enters JV that week will need a test and HammerTown will have rapid testing and results mandatory to enter. Once you enter, you cant leave town.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
BUT!! You posted back during the original concern about the Election early results that it doesn't matter how it goes. People just need to keep their heads down and work hard and it will all be fine.🤔
Thats my plan, just have to find something else to do for fun in April.

She's Mine

Reaction score

If DS is cancelled for a 3rd time (twice in 2020 and in 2021) what is the probability Storm Poker Runs stay afloat? I hope, wish, and pray that is doesn't get canceled and they continue to put on great events but makes you think.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If DS is cancelled for a 3 time (twice in 2020 and in 2021) what is the probability Storm Poker Runs stay afloat? I hope, wish, and pray that is doesn't get canceled and they continue to put on great events but makes you think.

Why would they not stay afloat? Everything is paid for... It would just sit in storage until the next event?

RD

Singleton

Reaction score
If DS is cancelled for a 3rd time (twice in 2020 and in 2021) what is the probability Storm Poker Runs stay afloat? I hope, wish, and pray that is doesn't get canceled and they continue to put on great events but makes you think.

if they can’t execute in 21, i don’t see it occurring again.
I sure hope that does not occur, but people will have moved past the event IMO.

Singleton

Reaction score
Why would they not stay afloat? Everything is paid for... It would just sit in storage until the next event?

RD

not 100% accurate. They have continually overhead and with separating from Todd last year, they incurred additional costs to acquire what Todd brought to the party

She's Mine

Reaction score

RD

I hope everything is paid for and it is just bring it out when ready but being in California and watching some small businesses close their doors forever and friends struggling to keep their doors open it is something that concerns me as DS is a big part of our West Coast Boating Family. Being that AZ is governed better than Cali is by Newsom, I don't see it happening but just thinking outloud.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
not 100% accurate. They have continually overhead and with separating from Todd last year, they incurred additional costs to acquire what Todd brought to the party

I've talked to Christina a pretty great lengths, and I'm not really sure what "continued" costs you are referring too? They had to get new docks, which they already did and are paid for. They bought a boat to set the docks which is paid for.. Everything is in storage now?

They already took the hit.. I don't think any of it is still costing anything in terms of "payments."

RD

Singleton

Reaction score
I've talked to Christina a pretty great lengths, and I'm not really sure what "continued" costs you are referring too? They had to get new docks, which they already did and are paid for. They bought a boat to set the docks which is paid for.. Everything is in storage now?

They already took the hit.. I don't think any of it is still costing anything in terms of "payments."

RD

insurance, storage fees etc.
I hope it was all paid for and they have limited overhead, but everyone has a small nugget they pay monthly to operate. you can only operate for so long with zero revenue coming in

FreeBird236

Reaction score
People forget Winter Blast is basically a dog and pony show to show your wares and take orders for upcoming events, I'm sure last year sucked and this year isn't looking much better.

RVRKID

Reaction score
Why not still fire them off? if they did let people in Sara Park just say nobody in the stands and then have everyone watch from wherever they can see it. Hell we used to watch from the Landing back when they did them off of the Nautical point.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Why not still fire them off? if they did let people in Sara Park just say nobody in the stands and then have everyone watch from wherever they can see it. Hell we used to watch from the Landing back when they did them off of the Nautical point.

Probably all the people coming into town for a "trade show" is what killed it, not the spectators.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It might?

Street fair won't for sure. The poker run/shootout event could. We are not going to be in a place in 5 months where that event as we know it would be palatable, even if cases were down to almost nothing as we enter 2021.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Street fair won't for sure. The poker run/shootout event could. We are not going to be in a place in 5 months where that event as we know it would be palatable, even if cases were down to almost nothing as we enter 2021.

I agree...we are 6 months out from any kind of normality, If Biden is sworn in it may be even longer.

My kids school keeps getting pushed back now they are talking jan 11th. I can almost guarantee he isn't going back this year they should quit wasting resourses and just call it for the year.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Cal gave me the go ahead to start planning an rdp regatta at LBR in March?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I'd rather bring a positive thought process into 2021. The cards will fall regardless of our speculations, 2020 has proven that repeatedly.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
move it to Windsor parking lot and spread it out.
it can be done, just have to think outside Main Street

State park ain't got time for that :) Now you add a whole other layer of complexity. 10K plus people milling through one area isn't gonna happen in April.

That said UTVWC did it, but that was in the desert, outside town, and fewer people overall.

Singleton

Reaction score
State park ain't got time for that :) Now you add a whole other layer of complexity. 10K plus people milling through one area isn't gonna happen in April.

That said UTVWC did it, but that was in the desert, outside town, and fewer people overall.

OK, negative Karen :)
All I am saying is it can be done. They might have to charge an entry fee (donated to charity) to reduce the size and move the location, but if you have a will you can pull it off.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Depends on how fast the vaccines are rolled out and distributed.
Phizer and Moderna allready approved
Astra Zensca likely approved by Jan.
100-200 million doses per month.......
By Apr......????? maybe !

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Just tell the world it’s a protest and we’re protesting the high cost of performance boats. Problem solved.😉

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
OK, negative Karen :)
All I am saying is it can be done. They might have to charge an entry fee (donated to charity) to reduce the size and move the location, but if you have a will you can pull it off.

Sorry, just being a realist. :) If they are canceling a fireworks trade show 2 months before, they are not going to have a DS street fair.

It can be done, but Havasu is the capital of 'If there is a will, I will get to it in 2 weeks and see if there is a way".

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Depends on how fast the vaccines are rolled out and distributed.
Phizer and Moderna allready approved
Astra Zensca likely approved by Jan.
100-200 million doses per month.......
By Apr......????? maybe !

No freaking way this ends that fast. We are gonna be dealing with limited vaccine accessibility through summer. The general public does not need a vaccine anyway. 99.95% chance you get it and survive anyway, and that is only for the documented cases. The old and obese will get it first.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, just being a realist. :) If they are canceling a fireworks trade show 2 months before, they are not going to have a DS street fair.

It can be done, but Havasu is the capital of 'If there is a will, I will get to it in 2 weeks and see if there is a way".
Regarding Winter Blast -- it was not canceled by any governmental agency -- the event organizers made the decision to cancel.

Singleton

Reaction score

Winter Blast was cancelled due to low registered participation and buyer turnout.
Folks for all over come to sign up participates for shows throughout the year.
With folks bring scared to travel, the shows was cancelled.
plus with all the 2020 fireworks shows cancelled, 21 is carryover.

zhandfull

Reaction score
Regarding Winter Blast -- it was not canceled by any governmental agency -- the event organizers made the decision to cancel.
Insurance is the driving force in most of the cancellations I suspect. Either to expense or can’t get coverage.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I might be guessing, but if memory serves me correct...

I wasn't in town for winter blast 2020 but I don't think it was impacted. Winter Blast brings pyrotechnic companies into town to show off their products. Cities, not just Lake Havasu come to "shop" for firework shows for their cities. As we all know, cities everywhere had to cancel firework displays and shows. Cities may have breached contracts with companies for deals gone bad of visa versa. Is it possible that some of these companies don't have "money to burn" to show off products that they cant sell?

I gotta think 2021 being cancelled is the fallout from this years mess and maybe the unknown of what July '21 brings.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I might be guessing, but if memory serves me correct...

I wasn't in town for winter blast 2020 but I don't think it was impacted. Winter Blast brings pyrotechnic companies into town to show off their products. Cities, not just Lake Havasu come to "shop" for firework shows for their cities. As we all know, cities everywhere had to cancel firework displays and shows. Cities may have breached contracts with companies for deals gone bad of visa versa. Is it possible that some of these companies don't have "money to burn" to show off products that they cant sell?

I gotta think 2021 being cancelled is the fallout from this years mess and maybe the unknown of what July '21 brings.

Agreed. 2020 was pre lockdown.

riverroyal

Reaction score
We should all just start a bon fire that night on the southside and blow some shit up..