WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Winter digs in Havasu with RV

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
So we currently have a spot reserved from Nov 1-April 1 at Prospectors RV park for $600/mo. Not real fancy, but seems adequate for us. Smaller park, potentially quieter.

I was put on a waiting list at Islander and a spot opened for $750/mo. The price really doesn’t matter, but I’m just wondering if it’s worth the hassle of canceling the other place. Anyone have experience there in the winter? Is it nice? Crowded AF? Partying non-stop? We don’t have a boat right now, so that’s not a factor. But we do have to work in the RV during the day.

Our reasons for going to Havasu are to get out of the snow for the winter and hopefully see some old friends.

Space 227

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Prospectors is out in desperate hills I think? I can’t believe it’s 600 a month? Wtf?

What does crazy horse charge? I’d be looking at that!

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Prospectors is out in desperate hills I think? I can’t believe it’s 600 a month? Wtf?

What does crazy horse charge? I’d be looking at that!

Everything on the island was booked when I looked back in Feb/March

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Thanks. We have that pretty covered with our cellular modem and antenna, but we were looking into that at one time.

How bike friendly is London Bridge Road?

riverroyal

Reaction score
So you have a spot for the winter at islander? We are there every winter for roughly 10 years now
Winter is better than summer. By 9pm its lights out.
If theres a party its quite. If theres noise you will probably be there!
Snow birds are great. Some gossip. Lots of complaining. But it comes with the crowd.
Pool spa putting green horse shoes pickle ball bocce ball. Very safe. Walk to eat and drink.
Tough to beat

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Fuck that . . . I wouldn't pay 1/2 that to park my rig in the desert somewhere . . . . ridiculous.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Thanks. We have that pretty covered with our cellular modem and antenna, but we were looking into that at one time.

Its fine. Speed limit is 45 and 35. Most go slower in the winter.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
So you have a spot for the winter at islander? We are there every winter for roughly 10 years now
Snow birds are great. Some gossip. Lots of complaining. But it comes with the crowd.
Pool spa putting green horse shoes pickle ball bocce ball. Very safe. Walk to eat and drink.
Tough to beat

Laundry get crowded?

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
So we currently have a spot reserved from Nov 1-April 1 at Prospectors RV park for $600/mo. Not real fancy, but seems adequate for us. Smaller park, potentially quieter.

I was put on a waiting list at Islander and a spot opened for $750/mo. The price really doesn’t matter, but I’m just wondering if it’s worth the hassle of canceling the other place. Anyone have experience there in the winter? Is it nice? Crowded AF? Partying non-stop? We don’t have a boat right now, so that’s not a factor. But we do have to work in the RV during the day.

Our reasons for going to Havasu are to get out of the snow for the winter and hopefully see some old friends.

Space 227
I’d take the islander all day over the shit area that prospector is at. That’s from a local that lived in a gated area close by.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Tough to beat
Lots of grey pubes in the spa?

DWC

Reaction score

IMO. London bridge road is sketchy until you can duck into Windsor at Horizon or ride the sidewalks.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Prospectors is just north of our gates. The place is all gravel, lots of dust. It packs them in every winter though and we have met some really nice crinkle bunnies that snowbird there at the local Mexican restaurant that you can golf cart to.

But for the $150 more I would go out on the island. Then again there is a great dildo store within walking distance of Prospectors.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
Prospectors is just north of our gates. The place is all gravel, lots of dust. It packs them in every winter though and we have met some really nice crinkle bunnies that snowbird there at the local Mexican restaurant that you can golf cart to.

But for the $150 more I would go out on the island. Then again there is a great dildo store within walking distance of Prospectors.
ok, what are "really nice crinkle bunnies ". i 've never heard that before lol. i think i have an idea but not sure.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
ok, what are "really nice crinkle bunnies ". i 've never heard that before lol. i think i have an idea but not sure.
The ones that come into Blondies all the time get wrecked on $2.50 margarita nights on Tuesday and Thursday then walk or golf cart back to the rv park

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I don't know if Prospectors upped their price or if I read it wrong, but its $650/mo. The guy that runs or owns it is old school. So I had to send him a check for the deposit. No email confirmation or anything. My cancelled check is my receipt, LOL. So, yeah, for $100 more a month, there is certainly a benefit to the Islander. I like the idea of being able to walk to the bars/restaurants, or ride the bikes.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
We are currently in the review process at Islander because our coach is a 2008. Had to send pics.

Reactions: DWC

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I'd opt for the Islander 100%. All the conveniences you need in town are close by. The island has a great bike/walk path as well.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We are currently in the review process at Islander because our coach is a 2008. Had to send pics.
Thats is the stupidest rule these days, some of our friends have beutiful tag axles 45 foot diesel pushers that are from the early 2000's, they dont look any different than the ones new today.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I began trying in early March, I think. Maybe late February. We have plans set through late June of next year, Havasu until April 1. Sedona until May 1, Taos for 3 weeks and Durango until late June. I need to get to work on the rest of the summer and next winter. I wish we could just fly by the seat of our pants and see where we land, like Tom is doing. But since we are not retired, we can't move every week. Don't want to spend our weekends moving and have to work during the week. It needs to be planned as much as possible.

Last edited:

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
I began trying in early March, I think. Maybe late February. We have plans set through late June of next year. I need to get to work on the rest of the summer and next winter. I wish we could just fly by the seat of our pants and see where we land, like Tom is doing. But since we are not retired, we can't move every week. Don't want to spend our weekends moving and have to work during the week. It needs to be planned as much as possible.
Campbell Cove RV is nice and convenient to almost anything. As for bike rides? Sketchy at best on LBR.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Biking on the roads in Havasu during snowbird season is definitely taking a risk. Especially around shopping centres and all the medical facilities along Mesquite.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Campbell Cove RV is nice and convenient to almost anything. As for bike rides? Sketchy at best on LBR.
Campbell Cove RV is more $$$ than Islander in the winter for some ungodly reason, lol. Last I heard the Snowbirds pay $900 per month @ CCRV. :oops:

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
Campbell Cove RV is more $$$ than Islander in the winter for some ungodly reason, lol. Last I heard the Snowbirds pay $900 per month @ CCRV. :oops:
Not true. Prices are on the Web site.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
We got in. They were concerned about the look of the front cap. So I had to send more pictures. I told them, okay, but it's been in the forest for a month with dust and rain, so it's filthy! We plan on putting a wrap on that, and I told her. She said that they will just make me sign something stating we have to get it fixed before the end of our 2nd month if we don't have it fixed by the time we get there. Not a problem. You can see it in the pic below.

I didn't even have to name drop :)

4E72E4D2-7268-4CBF-8251-B92ACE0969D6.jpeg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We got in. They were concerned about the look of the front cap. So I had to send more pictures. I told them, okay, but it's been in the forest for a month with dust and rain, so it's filthy! We plan on putting a wrap on that, and I told her. She said that they will just make me sign something stating we have to get it fixed before the end of our 2nd month if we don't have it fixed by the time we get there. Not a problem. You can see it in the pic below.

View attachment 1031276
Every Revolution of that era had that front peel, it was something wrong in the paint from the factory. The wrap is an easy fix. Did you buy that from us? We sold the identical 40E a few years ago. Great coaches, we wont own anything other than a Spartan chassis after that we had that one.

Singleton

Reaction score
Love my summer spot at the Islander. You will enjoy the winter!
Just need a better winter renter in our spot so we can split the cost of pouring extra cement?

phuggit

Reaction score
Took these pics of Prospectors as I drove by about 30 ago.

Havasu Hills Rv Park is the new place e at the entrance to the Refuge. Might try that?
20210729_184419.jpg
20210729_184435.jpg
20210729_184426.jpg
20210729_184419.jpg
20210729_184414.jpg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Took these pics of Prospectors as I drove by about 30 ago.

Havasu Hills Rv Park is the new place e at the entrance to the Refuge. Might try that? View attachment 1031491 View attachment 1031492 View attachment 1031493 View attachment 1031494 View attachment 1031495
We had some friends inquire about staying there this winter and they said they were sold out, they said they were sold out even before the project was complete. I heard it is pretty expensive because it set up as a stay and play type of program, I think you can get a golf cart and then you can access the refuge directly from the back gate And play golf.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Every Revolution of that era had that front peel, it was something wrong in the paint from the factory. The wrap is an easy fix. Did you buy that from us? We sold the identical 40E a few years ago. Great coaches, we wont own anything other than a Spartan chassis after that we had that one.

This one is a 42K. Two baths and a large desk area. We’ve only had is since March. So far, just the clear coat is peeled.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Have you thought about parking in RD's driveway?
]

I’d be lying if I said the thought hadn’t briefly crossed my mind 😂

But in reality, I’d never ask my friends to do that. Family, yes. Friends no

Currently parked at my mom and dad’s near Coeur d’Alene.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Angie…So for sure you and Jeff will not be in Sturgis, correct? If so….bummer. Been too long

RodnJen

Reaction score

View attachment 1031276

Your rig is nicer than some of what is there now. Not that anything is janky, your rig is perfectly fine by comparison. It does amaze me that such nice rigs sit their all summer and bake.

Good Stuff

Reaction score
You will die riding bikes on LBR.. especially if you are rolling south bound into town.
Of the two I’d take the Islander.. but I still think it’s nazi Germany in there.
I just heard the crazy guy got the boot from the other owner. Never had to deal with them so I don’t know personally.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Angie…So for sure you and Jeff will not be in Sturgis, correct? If so….bummer. Been too long

We will not be in Sturgis. The coach is getting some more work done at Cummins in Spokane. We were thinking of going out in the truck and use the rooftop tent, but everything is still kind of chaotic because of our "home." We need to be a little tranquil after the two months we've had. We are a bit sad to not go, however. Our son is racing in the Ultra 4 race and he was really hoping we would come out to watch and support.

Reaction score
they really pack them in...but then I've been looking at the RV parks Dilligaf has been posting so.....

rv1.jpg