WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

wipple reprograming

johnnyC

Reaction score
OK, I am thinking of doing a wipple stage 2 on a sci 600 what result should i expect other than a possible broken drive

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
My friend did the stage IV with cam, pulley, intercooler re-route and program. He has been running on a XR drive without issue, but he doesn't beat on the boat. 29' single engine cat. I can tell you that Whipple's programming is very rich, especially at idle. It's safe but super rich and it's noticeable. I'd have get the stage II kit done and then have Alexi @ Boostpower program it, he knows the situation with the Whipple tune.

Last edited:

johnnyC

Reaction score
My friend did the stage III with cam, pulley, intercooler re-route and program. He has been running on a XR drive without issue, but he doesn't beat on the boat. 29' single engine cat. I can tell you that whipples programming is extreamly rich, especially at idle. It's safe but super rich and it's noticable. I'd have get the stage II kit done and then have Alexi @ Boostpower program it, he knows the situation with the whipple tune.
thanks for your info

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
OK, I am thinking of doing a wipple stage 2 on a sci 600 what result should i expect other than a possible broken drive
Relaxalot here on the boards also did the Whipple upgrade to his 600sci, in his Howard deck boat. He ran for hundreds of hours without motor issues. @relaxalot

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
Not to high jack the thread but, has anyone done the whipple or boostpower computer reprogramming on their non supercharged engines? Wondering if it is worth the money or not.

relaxalot

Reaction score
I have 550 hours on the motor now. I think it was totally rebuilt at around 425 hours.. It is now a stage 4 whipple with a cam and water kit. It runs great.. no soot on the transom.. has too much torque... I blew the drive last year.. lost a vertical shaft... blew it in half............ I would recommend the whipple stage 2 and probably stop at that.. Your fuel consumption will go up........... other than drives......... go for it..

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
I have 550 hours on the motor now. I think it was totally rebuilt at around 425 hours.. It is now a stage 4 whipple with a cam and water kit. It runs great.. no soot on the transom.. has too much torque... I blew the drive last year.. lost a vertical shaft... blew it in half............ I would recommend the whipple stage 2 and probably stop at that.. Your fuel consumption will go up........... other than drives......... go for it..
Yah, but how's your wipple???

fastenuff3

Reaction score
I did a stage 3 at 90 hours no problems at all.Pull the heads at 200 hours install stage 4 cam and updated springs and rockers.another 60 hours and xr drive has been fine.i take off easy to save drive.my transom is clean compared to factory tune also gets better fuel consumption cruising because pulls a 28p five blade. if you drive wide open all day it would burn more fuel.mid range is very impressive 40 to 90 puts you in the seat.