WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wireless Carrier

Which mobile carrier is best?

• Total voters

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
Thinking of making the switch from AT&T.... Spectrum Mobile has some good bundles and is on Verizon's network.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We'd like true unlimited 4G at least. We're limited to 25 gigs on so called unlimited. 5G plans no better.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Thinking of making the switch from AT&T.... Spectrum Mobile has some good bundles and is on Verizon's network.
You have to be a spectrum internet, phone, or cable customer to get their wireless service.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
You have to be a spectrum internet, phone, or cable customer to get their wireless service.

Yep. Looking at their internet as well. Currently have AT&T and Frontier, and the Spectrum bundle looks mighty attractive.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Great question . The wife and i are open to changing right now . We have verizon but are going to shop around

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Yep. Looking at their internet as well. Currently have AT&T and Frontier, and the Spectrum bundle looks mighty attractive.
We had Spectrum internet at our Paso Robles house. It was great. Just a wee bit more than what we pay for Cox here but it was way faster and had no download limits. Their cable sucked, but their internet was great!

D19

Reaction score
I did Spectrum mobile for about 8 months. Really cheap and you get a lot for your buck. Their mobile hot spot was not all that great but phone reception was fair.

I get no cell service at my home (regardless of carrier) and Spectrum would not send me a signal booster. I also wanted a Palm companion phone with number share and they did not offer that service so I went to Verizon and got everything I desired. Verizon is a little more money and their general customer service/ hold wait times/ required appointment to visit the store sucks but you can get around that with an independent store. I found one close to home that made everything a breeze.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I'd be curious to see how the Spectrum dealio is working out before I jump over. Been with Verizon for awhile now. Always more.$$ but have been the best. Kinda recently switched over to Spectrum for the home stuff...they hit me up to do the switch over. I wanna say it would have been about the same monthly or just a pinch less. Wasn't really drastic enough of a change in costs to go through the hassle of changing everything over. I'd mainly be concerned how the coverage is in comparison. Verizon for me is pretty close to perfect. Never really have an issue.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Been with Verizon for years. Spoke with AT&T today about transferring over and they are $30.00 more per month for the same service. My company cell phone is AT&T.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
We had Spectrum internet at our Paso Robles house. It was great. Just a wee bit more than what we pay for Cox here but it was way faster and had no download limits. Their cable sucked, but their internet was great!

Spectrum here as well. I don’t seem to have issues with my cable or internet very often. Yes an occasional outage but not what I see some of my neighbors complaining about with other services. No contracts with spectrum either so you can always leave if you want. At least that’s what they say.
I’m at about 275 a month but I have 9 TVs 6 cable boxes 3 with Dvr and some roku. And 300 on internet speed.

Haha. I know. [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DaveH

Reaction score
here is the deal.......the "big" carriers that allow use of their networks by companies reselling their services seem like a great deal. Hey who wouldn't want the top-tier service of the big carriers at half the price right?

the thing is the cellphone networks now have the ability to "prioritize" the customer base. in other words... your budget seat still is in the back of the bus.

law enforcement traffic is the highest priority. AT&T has built a network for first responders (marketed as first Net) with specific frequencies that have an advantage over other service providers (wont get into the specific engineering details here) but in the event of a national emergecy this network will almost exclusively be for first LEO type usage. under normal conditions this network, with freqencies that carry farther then other networks....is for use by AT&T's premium customers.

second tier typical subscribers will be the next priority. the third tier, which is what you are looking at...will suffer from lower data rates, more drops and blocked calls....simply not as good quality of service PERIOD.

bottom line is the oldest saying in the book.......you get what you pay for.