WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

wiring question

djhartley2003

Reaction score
I have a hour meter that I want to put in my cart and I want to make sure that I hook it up right. it is a 2 post gage with positive and negative. Can anyone tell me how to wire this or put a diagram up. I don't want to fry anything. Thanks.

hour gage 1.jpg hour gage 2.jpg

djhartley2003

Reaction score
Here is what I have. I hooked up the state of charge and the hour meter but they don't seem to be working right. The hour meter is running non stop and the state of charge is not doing anything at all. I took a couple of pictures and labeled the way it is wired. Any help or suggestion would be great. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

DASH WIRING FRONT.jpg
DASH WIRING.jpg

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
I would take off the wire you have going to your gauges and attach it to the other lug on the key switch. One side of the key switch should be constant hot, and the other side switched hot (key on).

djhartley2003

Reaction score
I defiantly have something wired wrong but I don't think that the meter is smoked because it is running. There is a small indicator light on the front and it is flashing non stop weather the key is on or off.

At the same time I was trying to wire up the state of charge gage and it wont do anything at all.

DASH WIRING FRONT.jpg

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
So here's the caveat. This may smoke something and I can't be responsible :D. I don't think so, but its possible. If you can confirm this is how your carts wired the chances of letting the smoke out decrease.

Hook up your charge meter (-) to the -36V and (+) to the "C". This assumes your charge meter is simply a voltmeter. If its an ammeter you will notice a large amount of smoke coming from the meter. Simply cut the wires and toss the meter in the trash along with your soiled undergarments ;)

Hook up your hour meter (+) to "C" and (-) to "B".

Your charge meter should only work when the key is on.
Problem is your hour meter will also continue to run when the key is on.

If you had a 36v hour meter you can hook it up to the solenoid, then it will only run when the motor is running.

:smackhead

djhartley2003

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I got home late from work last night and the kids were asleep so I didn't have a chance to try changing any of the wires. I should be home early enough tonight to try. Ill let you know how it goes. Thanks a gain for the help.