WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

With all the hate on California threads...

welldigger00

Reaction score
I’m gonna say this. Use the fucking turnouts. Better yet, use your fucking rear view mirrors, and if you see a car on your ass, then use the fucking turnouts. Oh yeah, pack out your trash too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

welldigger00

Reaction score
Isn’t that called an arena?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

floatn turd

Reaction score
Ha!
Someone using a turnout!!

You might as well go look for this guy while you're up there.

bigfoot20sighting_1557441907546.jpg_86958001_ver1.0.jpg

welldigger00

Reaction score
With everything shut down, all the flatlanders are headed up the hill in droves. Think Parker strip, but the entire mountain. Absolutely insane.

Taboma

Reaction score
I’m gonna say this. Use the fucking turnouts. Better yet, use your fucking rear view mirrors, and if you see a car on your ass, then use the fucking turnouts. Oh yeah, pack out your trash too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fucking Flat Landers 😂
Back in the day, towing down the hill occasionally required the use of those turnouts to stop and allow the brakes to cool. :oops: I recall dad telling me, " If you lose the brakes, start scrubbing speed by shaving rocks off the side of the bank, till you stop". Towing my 57' Ford on a trailer down hwy 18 in 67' behind an old inadequate borrowed truck, I hit the turnout with so little brakes left it wouldn't stop rolling, had my buddy jump out, grab a rock and get it under the front tire --- finally, we stopped rolling.

Real pisser was in the snow when one jack-off wouldn't have the right tires, or chains, or was afraid and stopped. Then we all were forced to stop, SHIT :mad:

Sorry, didn't mean to jack ur thread, Good Luck with your age old "Forever" quest. 👍

Last edited:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
With everything shut down, all the flatlanders are headed up the hill in droves. Think Parker strip, but the entire mountain. Absolutely insane.

How’s the weather? Gotta be better than the 106 in norco

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Fucking state took out half the turnouts on the 79 south and 371 ,they were not needed in the states and CalTrans eyes. Closed alot of them off with guardrails.

welldigger00

Reaction score
How’s the weather? Gotta be better than the 106 in norco

It’s gonna be 85 and 5 mph today. Gonna be a boating weekend for sure. The lake is quieter now, gonna be a bitchen weekend.

welldigger00

Reaction score
Fucking Flat Landers [emoji23]
Back in the day, towing down the hill occasionally required the use of those turnouts to stop and allow the brakes to cool. :oops: I recall dad telling me, " If you lose the brakes, start scrubbing speed by shaving rocks off the side of the bank, till you stop". Towing my 57' Ford on a trailer down hwy 18 in 59' behind an old inadequate borrowed truck, I hit the turnout with so little brakes left it wouldn't stop rolling, had my buddy jump out, grab a rock and get it under the front tire --- finally, we stopped rolling.

Real pisser was in the snow when one jack-off wouldn't have the right tires, or chains, or was afraid and stopped. Then we all were forced to stop, SHIT :mad:

Sorry, didn't mean to jack ur thread, Good Luck with your age old "Forever" quest. [emoji106]

My dad ran a fleet of high sides hauling trash down the hill for 20 years. Never lost a truck from brake fade. He special ordered Kenny’s with 379’s, Jakes, and engine retarders. The chain control is a pain in the ass for commuting for sure.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Had a limo doing 30 mph on Ortega a couple of years ago. Didn't use the turnout until we could see the Damn lake. The first car behind him was a pussy and wouldn't pass we were 4th in line and there was no way I could make it around. If I didn't have the family in the car I might have tried though. The 2nd car behind him threw what looked like a cup of urine. The guy in front of me threw spark plugs. He got the chocolate shake from my car. The car behind me threw what looked like a piece of tile. If this guy hadn't of made me late I would have stopped to watch.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Same issue going up Lake Nacimiento road. All the old timers think doing 35 to 40 is ok and everybody else should just slow down. Really fun when you're running 55 to 60 and all of a sudden you come around one of the blind corners and find one of those old bats.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

red ant

Reaction score
Same issues on Angeles Crest Hwy and Angeles Forest Hwy. Flatlanders going extremely slow and can't keep the car on their side of the road. The trash left behind in Angeles Forest has been terrible since the Rona shut down.

Taboma

Reaction score
Same issue going up Lake Nacimiento road. All the old timers think doing 35 to 40 is ok and everybody else should just slow down. Really fun when you're running 55 to 60 and all of a sudden you come around one of the blind corners and find one of those old bats.

Yeah well, those old bats (Ahem) are far scarier when they're doing 60 and in your lane heading straight at you :eek: OR when you're sitting and dining at an outer perimeter table and one of these old bats (Again ahem 😁) has the peddle to the metal and thinks they're standing hard on the brake pedal as they continue to accelerate across the parking lot directly towards you :eek::eek:

When I was a youngster I worked summers with the landscaping maintenance crews at Rossmoor Leisure World (LimberDick Park), and trust me, many of these folks you do not want going really fast, especially AT YOU. 😁

I'm kinda at that point where on occasion I must remind myself, my reaction speed is not what it once was, but at least I still remember which pedal does what. 😂

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Yeah well, those old bats (Ahem) are far scarier when they're doing 60 and in your lane heading straight at you :eek: OR when you're sitting and dining at an outer perimeter table and one of these old bats (Again ahem [emoji16]) has the peddle to the metal and thinks they're standing hard on the brake pedal as they continue to accelerate across the parking lot directly towards you :eek::eek:

When I was a youngster I worked summers with the landscaping maintenance crews at Rossmoor Leisure World (LimberDick Park), and trust me, many of these folks you do not want going really fast, especially AT YOU. [emoji16]

I'm kinda at that point where on occasion I must remind myself, my reaction speed is not what it once was, but at least I still remember which pedal does what. [emoji23]
If someone is to the point where they can't drive the speed limit, then they shouldn't be driving.

welldigger00

Reaction score
On 330 you’ve got 3 passing zones. Cocksuckers will do 25 mph up or down the hill, not using turnouts, then 75 in the passing lane. Or the car in front of you will hold hands with the car in the slow lane and cock block everyone. Almost every one of these bastards has a bear paw sticker in the rear window too. It’s probably like the Cali folks with the Havasu or Parker sticker on the rear window.

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
I notice on the 10, were it is a two lane highway, how many people with Arizona plates don't understand the left lane is for faster moving traffic and will not move over to the right lane to be passed. I guess us Californians don't understand turn outs and people from Arizona don't understand 2 lane highways. Same thing here use your rear view mirrors.🤔

Last edited:

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I notice on the 10, were it is a two lane highway, how many people with Arizona plates don't understand the left lane is for faster moving traffic and will not move over to the right lane to be passed. 🤔

They are Californians masquerading as Arizonians. ;)

wishiknew

Reaction score
Fucking state took out half the turnouts on the 79 south and 371 ,they were not needed in the states and CalTrans eyes. Closed alot of them off with guardrails.
Thats because all the truckers turned them into outdoor SHITYARDS

Taboma

Reaction score
If someone is to the point where they can't drive the speed limit, then they shouldn't be driving.

I often feel the same way.
Then there's that rather rare day, the one where I'm just enjoying the sights, the countryside, usually on a road I've never driven, a little tired of racing through life, might even stop to smell a rose.

Usually on those days, I don't give even a single fuck what anybody else is thinking or how big of a hurry they're in. Because in the big picture, that extra 3 or 5 minutes I've added to their journey is no sweat off my balls what's so ever. 😁

There is a difference between NOT being able to drive the speed limit or at any minimum speed for conditions, versus not wanting to.

We all have those days occasionally and if you don't, you're not living right and should stop and re-evaluate. There will come a time young sir, when you realize all this rushing is simply causing your life clock to race towards your inevitable demise. There will come a time, when you realize this and find yourself searching rather desperately for a way to slow that clock down.

For the record, I usually get just as frustrated as you seem to, but that's different, because like you I feel my time, is far more worthy.

I do agree, if we're going to have a cruise and smell the roses day, we certainly should be respectful of others and use the turn-outs.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I towed some buildings up to Idlewild with my truck. I don't know how many times I had to gear down and hit the brakes cause of the slow fuckers.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I towed some buildings up to Idlewild with my truck. I don't know how many times I had to gear down and hit the brakes cause of the slow fuckers.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I'm sorry. That road was scary AF. I did my best and took the turnout every time.

c_land

Reaction score
I can feel this thread making my blood pressure go up.

74/243 to idyllwild has this issue too. Especially since all the twinks from LA discovered it.

The first turnout someone skips when I’m behind them, my brights go on.

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
I work every other weekend and I can’t tell you how pissed I get coming Home tired and get caught behind some Kumbuya my lord singing family in a mini van that won’t use the damn turnouts (18). Just ordered a Move bumper for the cummins and train horn coming next...... Hoping winter drives some people back to LA.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Such hostility!😂 if you people would just stay at home you wouldn’t have all these problems.😊

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Well the way things are looking I might as well quit my damn job and go on welfare...... so maybe I will take your advice.......

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Part of the problem is today’s cars have too many gizmos and gadgets to distract while driving, everyone seems to think they can play with their cell phone and drive just fine, nothing is further from the truth.

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Well that being said the damn cars are trying to drive themselves too.

Taboma

Reaction score
One sobering and possibly beneficial aspect of RDP, is reading posts, thinking " Damn, that guy is a real asshole on the fast track to a stroke", only to realize, you're looking at yourself in the mirror. :oops:

About 10 posts ago in # 25, I wrote a " Slowing down your life clock and smelling the roses" reply to Flying Lavey. In truth, I was more writing it for my own benefit, a sort of affirmation if you will. I really do try, but I rarely succeeded at least for long. 😬

I'm fairly convinced that the other 99.9999999999 % of the population was put on this planet for no other reason than to get in my fucking way.
I'm also convinced that at least 90% of those 99.99999999 %, feel the same about me.

The irony normally is, after stressing and feuding over being slowed on my journey, I arrive at my destination and I'm forced to admit, arriving minutes or even a half hour later would have made zero difference. 🤔

UNLESS, I have to piss, because that constitutes a full on Code 3 response. 😁

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Well if someone’s honking behind me I know it’s you having to take a piss again 😂

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Let me get this straight...
If yore behind me YOU didn't leave early enough?
Because I'm right on time, even early.

Dan'l

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
That's no shit right there, at my age it matters not that my truck has a 600 mile range, because my bladder sure as fuck doesn't. 😁
Unless I'm driving at 300 miles an hour 😂
You could always wear a diaper. 😂

welldigger00

Reaction score
Let me get this straight...
If yore behind me YOU didn't leave early enough?
Because I'm right on time, even early.

Dan'l

No. This is incorrect. The speed limit is 55 mph on both 330 and 18. When you want to do 30 mph all the way up the hill, why is it my problem that you don’t want to drive the speed limit? More over, just move over. It’s not that hard. There is many turnouts. From day to day, I’ll be up and down the hill two to three times, depending on how many crews are running, and how many client meetings or service calls I’ve got. So, you think your agenda to do 30 mph is what everyone else should be doing because you don’t have anywhere to be?

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I ran hwy 38 two or 3 times a week.
Running through the twisties below the Santa Ana river was the only place i would slow down to 55ish. Still fools would crowd me... again they're behind me, not my problem. It wasn't my K30 that slowed you down.

Enjoy your commute.

Dan'l
No. This is incorrect. The speed limit is 55 mph on both 330 and 18. When you want to do 30 mph all the way up the hill, why is it my problem that you don’t want to drive the speed limit? More over, just move over. It’s not that hard. There is many turnouts. From day to day, I’ll be up and down the hill two to three times, depending on how many crews are running, and how many client meetings or service calls I’ve got. So, you think your agenda to do 30 mph is what everyone else should be doing because you don’t have anywhere to be?

WYRD

Reaction score
It's amazing how emboldened a 1/4" piece of glass can make someone feel...