WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

With the stay at home order lifted will the lake return to normal this summer?

Boat 405

Reaction score
Thoughts. It was so busy last summer...... I'm hoping it won't be this summer.

Reactions: DLC

DWC

Reaction score
Kids sports and working from home are the keys. Once kids are practicing during the week and playing on weekends parents are done. When i have to be in the office before 6am on Monday my Sunday boating will get cut back dramatically

Boat 405

Reaction score
I'm confused, last week the highest cases of covid seen. Now the governor says start opening 🙄.
Yes, we know it was all a ruse... keep that convo for the dungeon. I'm trying to keep it on the up.

But really, the kids sports thing? My BIL and SIL have 4 boys playing sports and they have been playing every weekend somewhere all year.... I don't know that is the only thing that will keep people from going to the lake. I'm thinking the working remotely will change the workplace and schedules for a long time to come. I know so many businesses that got rid of all their commercial space and have zero plan on ever going back...

Boat 405

Reaction score
I think high fuel prices will effect it as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I hate to pay more for fuel, but it will definitely play a part I'm thinking. Double the amount of $ you spend on going to the river and that is going to impact a lot of folks.

HCP3

Reaction score
The stay at home order was hardly lifted. California is still locked down under the color tier system. Most regions are still purple (most strict).

Screenshot_20210126-055505.png

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Kids sports and working from home are the keys. Once kids are practicing during the week and playing on weekends parents are done. When i have to be in the office before 6am on Monday my Sunday boating will get cut back dramatically

This guy gets it.

hallett21

Reaction score
What’s a vacation to Hawaii for a family of 4 run? 10k?

If you own the boat (payments or not) you could get 5 trips to the river and still have money left for storage and maintenance.

I think it’ll be busy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
If kids sports are not running like they did pre-Covid the lake will be busy.
Remote / virtual offices will allow folks to be at the lake as well, but when physical school starts that could impact trips until June. For my family, we are lucky enough that our 3rd grader is back 5 days a week starting this week, so our trips will be shorter in April and May unless we keep her out of school on Mondays :).

until work travel starts, I don‘t see myself driving home Sunday afternoons for Monday work travel for another 6-9 months.

Reactions: DWC

farmo83

Reaction score
Yes, we know it was all a ruse... keep that convo for the dungeon. I'm trying to keep it on the up.

But really, the kids sports thing? My BIL and SIL have 4 boys playing sports and they have been playing every weekend somewhere all year.... I don't know that is the only thing that will keep people from going to the lake. I'm thinking the working remotely will change the workplace and schedules for a long time to come. I know so many businesses that got rid of all their commercial space and have zero plan on ever going back...

I think this is it. My wife and I have been working from home since last March. We worked from the lake house I think for 7 weeks all in over the summer.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

Are you Serious? Keep that convo in the dungeon.

You asked a question, and this "Covid" is part of the whole picture of Crowds and or No Crowds. :rolleyes:

Wasn’t Me

Reaction score
No, the ghetto's got the taste of the good life, or the river life
I agree with this.. A lot of people that were forced to make life changes are now going to realize they want or can do different things in life.. Sure opened my eyes of what I want to do and where I want to be.!! I know our exit plan has sure moved up a number of years!

Fenderbender

Reaction score
I also hear that there are some new international travel guidelines that impose testing, quarantine and vaccine. This will also keep some people from traveling as much and like ourselves will head to the lake more! I also second the remote work situation as for us we will be taking advantage of that once it warms up.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
We had a couple with their daughters come out as the girl's ice skating was cancelled for the year. They thought it would be a one month river deal but that lasted 6 months and they reserved their spot for next summer too.

My wife and i worked from the RV as socal was shut down and it doesn't look like many corporate offices are opening back up in my field so we may work from the river more often than not during the summer instead of being locked up inside socal.

I would imagine this is happening often.

2Driver

Reaction score
I doubt much will change with the covid situation by summer.

They are already dropping in the virus lifestyle comments and the new strain..... blah blah blah.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I just hope mid-week isn't as much like Saturdays once were.🤪

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I don't see Newsomlini's removal of this tier of the stay at home order allowing kids sporting events. Although I see this being allowed by April when OBiden's 100 day mask mandate ends. Hopefully kids can't get back into school and sports soon. It's doing a lot more harm than good having them stay at home! Plus I don't want Wednesdays on the lake seeming like a holiday weekend again this summer, lol.

Last edited:

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
The whole point of the recent CA action is the Stay At Home Order superseded the whole colored tier system. The restaurants sued the Stay At Home order to allow them to be open when they could not be due to the Stay At Home Order. Now that its expired/lifted, the state can't enact more onerous rules than the color tier system.

So now the restaurants can open for outdoor seating and indoor takeout under the purple tier (most restrictive) and the state can't shut them down again.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Many of my clients are not renewing their building leases. The Covid deal with people working at home worked for the most part so they are not going back to the old brick and mortar set up.

Singleton

Reaction score
Many of my clients are not renewing their building leases. The Covid deal with people working at home worked for the most part so they are not going back to the old brick and mortar set up.

yep.
my place of business I selling a ton of used space and not renewing leases in smaller cities.
my wife business just went 100% remote corporate office. They have a shared office location being built thst each department will be able to use twice a month (but not mandatory)

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Commercial office space is gonna be hurting.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I'm still bidding a lot of T.I's and office remodels. Some are spec suites. But the numbers are down some.

There may be an increase in requests to remodel offices into smaller spaces, dropping sqft / reducing the # of suites, etc. I know thats what my company is doing in a few places.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Yep. My SIL was just told they are working at home forever after his business owner figured out he could save $300K per year on office lease payments.

termiteguy

Reaction score
I have spoken to alot of folks who want to go back to the office. Working from home means you never leave work and they miss seeing some of their coworkers. Also to many distractions!