WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wmc & Wendi's new home build

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Love the cabinets William. Looking to redo my kitchen. Do you know the cabinet maker and what type of finish? House looks great.

@Wendi
Thank you
Our cabinets came from Kansas. I don't know the finish. We just picked and went with it😬

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Baby's got back
20220312_103852.jpg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Curious. What is the difference between Light Sand and Fine Dash ?
light sand is a hand trowel finish, dash is sprayed...light sand was the old way in the 60's 70's before knock down.... most people would do a skip trowel over the light sand on remodels of 70's homes

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Looking good WMC...!!!! only thing I would do different is not spend the money... tile detail is bad ass,.. my vegas tile guy uses that long straight edge.... he travels around doing car dealership show rooms and get it straight

Reactions: Wmc

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
Looks beautiful . Hate your tile guy. This would bother me every morning while I take a dump. Should have a pattern . This is no patter.
6146D3EC-7929-46B5-87B0-2C266F9A5494.jpeg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Looks beautiful . Hate your tile guy. This would bother me every morning while I take a dump. Should have a pattern . This is no patter. View attachment 1105384
believe it or not.... thats how they do it in havasu... subway brick seems to be out for random planks... my last 3 build look just like that.....maybe you need a playboy mag or something else to look at....lol

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
All I’m saying is that there was no effort in creating a pattern for each row. If you set up each row where the oatttern is within the end third of wood flooring when you get to the end of the row your last cut will be the first piece of the other side. It’s pretty much standard practice to lessen waste. And a random look is ok also but those are the only joints I so that close together. And trust me I’m no tile guy I just work in the trades and have for 28 years. And I work in houses like this
929D5C4C-E8E1-46BF-BF79-9BEE52D29FB2.jpeg

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
Hers a pattern for you then it's random though out the rest of the house. My tile guy set it up for brick then 3rd's I choose random
View attachment 1105560 View attachment 1105561
I wasn’t knocking the style. I was just saying the two grout joints should not be that close EVER. With or without pattern. And if I am out that way and you do have me over for a beer or 12 I will make sure I void my bowels fist

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
I really am sorry if you took offense. I’m just a neat freak. I’ll post one of my last boiler systems I did and I still critique a bunch of stuff of my own work

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
Not that you guys need heat and snow melting systems lol

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
All I’m saying is that there was no effort in creating a pattern for each row. If you set up each row where the oatttern is within the end third of wood flooring when you get to the end of the row your last cut will be the first piece of the other side. It’s pretty much standard practice to lessen waste. And a random look is ok also but those are the only joints I so that close together. And trust me I’m no tile guy I just work in the trades and have for 28 years. And I work in houses like this View attachment 1105546
I thought you were saying you work on houses that can’t afford driveways.
🤣
jk

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
Tough crowd. Lol. Let it go. Your house is beautiful . As far as the cracks in the asphalt you can clearly see that they are “ random pattern. No two clacks are that close together .🙈

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
I'm thinking 2 weeks until we are in. They are in the cleaning and touch up phase. There will still be construction going on after we move in, but I don't care. Block walls, pavers and finish the pools what we will have left. Basically finish the backyard.
20220426_090813.jpg
20220426_174123.jpg
20220425_130121.jpg
20220421_130714.jpg
20220419_182609.jpg
20220419_155217.jpg
20220418_083955.jpg
20220418_084029.jpg

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Lookin Good!

I have no idea how tile guys come up with the different splashes and color combos, your kitchen at stove looks great as does the bathroom with the wall tile around the toilet. I may be stealing some of these!!

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Lookin Good!

I have no idea how tile guys come up with the different splashes and color combos, your kitchen at stove looks great as does the bathroom with the wall tile around the toilet. I may be stealing some of these!!
The tile was all Wendi and I. Alot of stress when doiing all the designs and picking tile. It came together nice. Bathroom with wall tile is around the tub in the masterbath.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
The tile was all Wendi and I. Alot of stress when doiing all the designs and picking tile. It came together nice. Bathroom with wall tile is around the tub in the masterbath.

I dont do well on color/design selections, the key is to not show me too many choices!
Tub/toilet they both start with a T!!!!!

Now that I see it is free standing soaker, we are thinking about that in our master. I may not be the most graceful old guy so what are your thoughts about water splashing out on the floor from geting in and out? I was going to do a tile surround with a short rasied curb or slope the floor to a floor drain under the tub????

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I remember when my wife and I built our first house together. We moved in before everything was done, we were so excited. We couldn’t sleep in the master for some reason, I don’t remember why, so we put an air mattress in the office...didn’t think about not having window coverings yet. That night we celebrated a little too much and woke up naked on the air mattress with one of the landscape guys looking at us through the window. lol

To be fair, the hose bib was right on the other side of the wall, so it wasn’t completely on purpose . 😂🤣

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
I dont do well on color/design selections, the key is to not show me too many choices!
Tub/toilet they both start with a T!!!!!

Now that I see it is free standing soaker, we are thinking about that in our master. I may not be the most graceful old guy so what are your thoughts about water splashing out on the floor from geting in and out? I was going to do a tile surround with a short rasied curb or slope the floor to a floor drain under the tub????
I'm not to worried about water by tub. My last house we did the same thing and it wasn't a problem.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I'm not to worried about water by tub. My last house we did the same thing and it wasn't a problem.
I'm with WMC on this, BUT...I'm starting to see more and more freestanding tubs inside a giant shower enclosure. If I was going full custom, I'd go this route, but more for a warm place to get out of the tub and rinse off. Would also be cool to jump out of the tub and have a steam "shower."

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Beautiful home. Long process. I’d be mentally junk at this point. You and your wife did a nice job with the designs and materials.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
@Wmc What size fridge/freezer did you get? I thought I saw a picture of it, but cant seem to locate it, but it looked big. Trying to get a feeling on the a size as I'm looking at 2 column units.....