WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Woodstock ‘99 Trainwreck

X-rated

Reaction score
Watched a couple of episodes last nite, what a shitshow it turned into. I attended my fair share of outdoor concerts in the 60’s 70’s and 80’s and really dont remember shit like that happening. Selective memory perhaps? Anybody here attend? Anybody watch the series?

Reactions: C-2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't even know there was a Woodstock '99. I was busy parenting a 2 year old and on call at the hospital every night.

I was at the US Festival in '83 and it was pretty tame. Was there Saturday for New Wave day and Sunday for Heavy Metal day (I packed 2 outfits!) 🤣

C-2

Reaction score
I didn't even know there was a Woodstock '99. I was busy parenting a 2 year old and on call at the hospital every night.

I was at the US Festival in '83 and it was pretty tame. Was there Saturday for New Wave day and Sunday for Heavy Metal day (I packed 2 outfits!) 🤣
Same here, New Wave and Heavy Metal days.

I thought teh Netflix series was lame and changed it after the first episode.

Both festivals have wonky "reported" attendance numbers. They say 370K attended Heavy Metal day at US. There was a lot of people at US, but not 370K in that dust bowl. I remember the number was 220K, which was the population of Riverside, that's why I remembered it, lol.

They report 400K "attended" Woodstock, but they sold less than 200K tickets.

Last edited:

mbrown2

Reaction score
That was a good watch....those promoters are idiots...but that's modern corporate bs....outsource to the lowest bidder and then price gouge the shit out of the consumer.....and then when shit hits the everyone stands around with their hands up...:eek:

As well it is really a tale of two generations....the 1st was raised by hardened people and then softened by war and politics...so they peacefully protested, looked out for their fellow man, aided in the event food and clean up and so it had a sense of community... the 2nd generation was raised by those peace loving types over entitled and when things don't go their way they riot, burn and loot anything their path with a sort of mob mentality...

What's the saying....Hard times make hard men, hard men make soft times, soft times make soft men, soft men make hard times...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If you play that kinda music to a bunch of drunk kids…. It’s pretty obvious what’s gonna happen.

mbrown2

Reaction score
If you play that kinda music to a bunch of drunk kids…. It’s pretty obvious what’s gonna happen.
Hmmm...the 1st Woodstock which had some rock/edgy music (for its time) was pretty peaceful...definitely says something about the two generations...

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here, New Wave and Heavy Metal days.

I thought teh Netflix series was lame and changed it after the first episode.

Both festivals have wonky "reported" attendance numbers. They say 370K attended Heavy Metal day at US. There was a lot of people at US, but not 370K in that dust bowl. I remember the number was 220K, which was the population of Riverside, that's why I remembered it, lol.

They report 400K "attended" Woodstock, but they sold less than 200K tickets.

I blew dirt snot out of my nose for a week! 🤣

Javajoe

Reaction score
Saw it. Well documented. Yep…Total shit show
Just watched the other shit show about Fyre Festival

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I had a great time with my brother and my friends from school. We were prepped, had our own supplies, had a vendor pass in order to enter / reenter without being hassled. Our camp site was in the shade and far away from the plumbing issues. It was a mess for a lot of people.

Reactions: C-2

spectra bash

Reaction score
That’s a shitty excuse for being shitty people. I grew up in the 90’s going to festivals. Plenty of slayer, pantera, anthrax, beastie boys, lots of punk shows, even Grateful Dead shows. All young drunks and none of that shit was happening.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
I was at the Smoker Friendly Cigar fest last week and opening bid for the 99' Original Woodstock painting started at $20k. Not sure what it went for.
Stoked to get an OCB rolling kit and tray signed/painted by the same artist.
20220825_193121.jpg
16620589941114447436405797682813.jpg

checkrdpast

Reaction score

I remember driving by the traffic on the way to el mirage .