WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Woody

steveo143

Reaction score
The old Creme Puff getting a makeover at John Millers DSC08402(2).jpg IMG_0226.jpg IMG_0230(1).jpg IMG_0233.jpg IMG_0239.jpg IMG_0241.jpg

Attachments

• P1010336.jpg
    P1010336.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 355

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
That's gorgeous!!!:thumbup:

Greg

mobboss

Reaction score
that is a beautiful boat im glad to see you use it.

Rickybobby

Reaction score
wow, thats about all I can say !!!! maybe double wow !!!!

ok now that I caught my breath.... lets have the run down please???:):)

touring_jo

Reaction score
I am a former owner/ caretaker of her. Cream Puff is a 1967 Campbell wood deck flat. One of the last they made. She has a real 1967 Corvette 427 with a power glide trans and a top loader v-drive. I bought her from a guy named Rick in Havasu who owned her for quite a few years. When I was her care taker I had her steering repaired at Prime Marine they re-keyed the quadrant, tightened all the cables, and installed the new steering wheel. I had her for a couple of years then kids, family etc... came along and I passed her on to a guy who lived in Big Bear. I had lost track of her after that until I saw her at the February Needles Show 3 years ago. Then I didn't see her again until now, I am glad to see that she is in great hands now. She looks gorgeous and the wood deck is amazing. Any ways there's a little more history on her. I look forward to seeing more pictures.

Rickybobby

Reaction score
TJ
Thanks for sharing the history you had with her. That has got to be one of the prettiest boats I have ever seen....

rb

steveo143

Reaction score
I bought it from the guy in Big Bear. I will post pics as I put it back together.

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Steveo
Please do, that thing kills me everytime I look at it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Steveo
You didn't forget about us, I been waiting here this whole time.... they bring food and wet sponges !!!!

steveo143

Reaction score
I haven't forgot! I am waiting for it to be cleared, buffed etc. When it is done I will see it for the first time in person and haul it north to Andy Herbert's where the motor and all the rest of the shit is to put it back together. The best upoulstry guy in the state lives 2 miles from Andy and he will get the chance to spend more of my money!

Rickybobby

Reaction score
steveo
ok cool, I will peal myself out of this chair and change my clothes:eek:eek

Very cool project, which I am sure your aware of:rolleyes:rolleyes

steveo143

Reaction score
Steveo
Any updates on your boat ????

The boat is at Andy Herberts' waiting on some parts from me. I am having some motor plates laser cut and some Banks type logs repolished. Andy will be doing most of the install. The motor is ready to go except for the Crower stack injection that I am still searching for. Want to keep it Old School.

fmo24

Reaction score
The motor is ready to go except for the Crower stack injection that I am still searching for. Want to keep it Old School.

Didn't Marko have stacks on his flatbottom for awhile? I think he went to a blower motor if not mistaken.

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Steveo
Thanks for the update. I spoke to Andy the other day and he sent me some old Campbell Photos, I am stoked to get them and hope to post up here soon.

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to this boat and it’s owner?? Hope both are doing well.

Heylam

Reaction score
I am a former owner/ caretaker of her. Cream Puff is a 1967 Campbell wood deck flat. One of the last they made. She has a real 1967 Corvette 427 with a power glide trans and a top loader v-drive. I bought her from a guy named Rick in Havasu who owned her for quite a few years. When I was her care taker I had her steering repaired at Prime Marine they re-keyed the quadrant, tightened all the cables, and installed the new steering wheel. I had her for a couple of years then kids, family etc... came along and I passed her on to a guy who lived in Big Bear. I had lost track of her after that until I saw her at the February Needles Show 3 years ago. Then I didn't see her again until now, I am glad to see that she is in great hands now. She looks gorgeous and the wood deck is amazing. Any ways there's a little more history on her. I look forward to seeing more pictures.
Rick is a great guy that went by the name of Summer Love back in the Hotboat days and had another Campbell that bore that name.