WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Woohoo, we escaped!

PDQH2O

Reaction score
My wife and I left CA this morning for the last time and could not have been happier to see the state line in the rear view mirror.

Best of luck to those working on similar plans. What a great feeling for it to finally become realized.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
My wife and I left CA this morning for the last time and could not have been happier to see the state line in the rear view mirror.

Best of luck to those working on similar plans. What a great feeling for it to finally become realized.
Nice, where you going?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Congratulations

Who’s gonna be left paying all the state’s taxes?!!!

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Congratulations ! You won't be sorry. I escaped Calif. 29 yrs. ago before it was popular. Still have to visit a couple times a year for family. Just can't take the congestion and traffic anymore.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Congrats and enjoy your newfound freedoms.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Congratulations ! You won't be sorry. I escaped Calif. 29 yrs. ago before it was popular. Still have to visit a couple times a year for family. Just can't take the congestion and traffic anymore.
We left in '92. Had a stop in Oregon for 25 years and now call Havasu home. We also go over to the OC a couple times a year for family and the whole time we're there they drive. Makes me nervous the way they drive in OC!!

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
As already asked, where are you headed?? N. S. E. ???
Ray

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
373s4r.jpg

CoronaChris

Reaction score
Congrats to you and your family. Our close long time friends are leaving us as I type this. So sad to see another had working good family go. Half the family is staying at our home for another 2 weeks while their new home gets dialed in. Enjoying their company as much as we can. They had enough of CA (born and raised here) purchased 4 acres in Oregon for just over $400k. Best of luck, wished I had the balls to do it myself. 10-15 year plan for me if I can even make it that long.

2Driver

Reaction score
How does this happen?
How can so many inept elected politicians kill a perfectly great state and get reelected or someone even worse get elected to the next seat. It cant be fixed why?

PDQH2O

Reaction score

PDQH2O

Reaction score
The beach is great today - mid 70's and sunny.

Looks like it going to be a nice weekend...

:)
Hahaha. And you can spend it with 3 million of your closest friends. Spent 30 years in an OC beach community. The city set up the downtown area so much that the residents seldom used it. No thank you.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Congrats. Another bonus, You have many other bodies of water to explore. Life is short. There are just too many cool places to explore. Decent central location. Rock it.

PDQH2O

Reaction score

Thanks. Up until about the last decade or so, I would have stuck it out. Was born and raised in LA County, so very doubtful we'll be sorry. Feel bad for friends and neighbors left behind that will have to suffer the consequences of the politician's decisions.

Took two rocks to the windshield on I40 on the trip. One in NM and one in TX, but that's a very small price to pay. Interesting that both rocks hit at the bottom of the windshield just below the wiper blade.

hawgty55

Reaction score
This north Texas chapter is growing daily. Well have to put a meet together! Well as soon as i get our sled out this way. One of the last thing we left behind for now.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Congrats to you and your family. Our close long time friends are leaving us as I type this. So sad to see another had working good family go. Half the family is staying at our home for another 2 weeks while their new home gets dialed in. Enjoying their company as much as we can. They had enough of CA (born and raised here) purchased 4 acres in Oregon for just over $400k. Best of luck, wished I had the balls to do it myself. 10-15 year plan for me if I can even make it that long.
That is much more of a lateral movement than AZ, TX, SC, NV, etc. The political climate is nearly as fucked up as CA, the taxes continue to climb, and although land is cheaper, you are losing that CA weather. If Im leaving CA, OR certainly isn't on my list!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
That is much more of a lateral movement than AZ, TX, SC, NV, etc. The political climate is nearly as fucked up as CA, the taxes continue to climb, and although land is cheaper, you are losing that CA weather. If Im leaving CA, OR certainly isn't on my list!

Yah Washington, oregon, ca....communist coasts.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Portland fucked up or. One of the reasons I am bailing out of or. East if the cascades was great, until people from the coast started moving in.( I mean the entire coast)

sirbob

Reaction score
Hahaha. And you can spend it with 3 million of your closest friends. Spent 30 years in an OC beach community. The city set up the downtown area so much that the residents seldom used it. No thank you.

I guess we go to a different beach. The one I go to isnt that crowded. Too bad you didn't get to use the one near where you lived, I see or use the beach every week year round. Not sure what the downtown area has to to with the beach but our main street area is nice and we enjoy that also.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I guess we go to a different beach. The one I go to isnt that crowded. Too bad you didn't get to use the one near where you lived, I see or use the beach every week year round. Not sure what the downtown area has to to with the beach but our main street area is nice and we enjoy that also.

Enjoy it while you can, some areas take longer.

I was born and raised and stayed in the same town for over 50 years, watched it go from a nice community to a slum/ghetto/barrio in 20-30 years.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
FCF9F67B-4DB4-421A-9ECA-C760496CED57.jpeg

I was born and raised and stayed in the same town for over 50 years, watched it go from a nice community to a slum/ghetto/barrio in 20-30 years.

Yep, this place is a perfect example. Turned into a real shithole the last 5 years. Should be Santa Ana proper.

RVRKID

Reaction score
View attachment 782702

Yep, this place is a perfect example. Turned into a real shithole the last 5 years. Should be Santa Ana proper.
My sister lives up the street so we drove down to see how it looked on Friday 7/5 holy shit no damn way. it was 1:00 and the line to get into the parking lot was still past Coast Highway and you couldn't see sand because of all the damn EZ ups, not to mention I thought the Raiders were in town!

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
View attachment 782702

Lmao such an exaggeration. I’d like to see $10-20m homes in Santa Ana. Yes everyone from every area goes to the beach, just like the river... doesn’t mean it’s a shithole. I’m up the street at Bristol Farms right now. Awesome day in Newport.

sirbob

Reaction score

I tend to enjoy it as long as I can.

Regarding the natural evolution of new build / run down / re-gentrification that takes place in almost every city around the world - I understand why you would choose to move away when the town becomes something you don’t enjoy living in. That doesn’t mean that all of California is terrible. Nor does it mean that every area will be a shithole.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I tend to enjoy it as long as I can.

Regarding the natural evolution of new build / run down / re-gentrification that takes place in almost every city around the world - I understand why you would choose to move away when the town becomes something you don’t enjoy living in. That doesn’t mean that all of California is terrible. Nor does it mean that every area will be a shithole.
Definitely nice things about California, the only thing that might be too far gone is the Government.:D

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Lmao such an exaggeration. I’d like to see $10-20m homes in Santa Ana. Yes everyone from every area goes to the beach, just like the river... doesn’t mean it’s a shithole. I’m up the street at Bristol Farms right now. Awesome day in Newport.

Sorry, you don’t know what your talking about. My daughter and my SIL live/own a house right on Heliotrope and Bayview. So I know what houses go for and the shit that goes on. No exaggeration, place turned to shit. Why do you think they keep trying to get rid of the fire pits? Take your family for a day of festivities at the beach I circled. Saturday or Sunday and I guarantee you might not be back. I lived in Irvine and Shady Canyon from 1999 to 2017. My kids and all their friends all went to CDR. Like I said, it’s turned into a real shithole at that beach. Try getting a barbecue grill at the park. Hope you like Banda music and drunk fucks that like fights. You know what other area is turning to shit is Newport Dunes. The last row, is now the tent city of Newport Dunes. Raider nation central. There were never thefts of bikes, bbqs, chairs and whatever. Now, you got it. Been going there since 1990’s every summer. Look up area 44 and Newport Beach. See how many traffic stops you come up with. My neighbor was a Lieutenant of NBPD and now retired. The stories he had were really great. A lot of individuals from Santa Ana & Anaheim. You think LEO’s would let any happen at Bristol Farms, Fashion Island or any rich frequented Areas?

http://www.nbpd.org/crime/calls/events.asp?days=2

Universal Elements

Reaction score
My sister lives up the street so we drove down to see how it looked on Friday 7/5 holy shit no damn way. it was 1:00 and the line to get into the parking lot was still past Coast Highway and you couldn't see sand because of all the damn EZ ups, not to mention I thought the Raiders were in town!

Yep. Just like glamis, they don’t pick up their shit after they are done. Rules don’t apply to them and they can’t handle their alcohol. Oh, now that weed is legal, everyone is lighting up at the beach. Focken Novella central.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
It makes me sad seeing everyone leaving.:(:rolleyes:

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
FED631E0-D493-4822-BD07-6AE8D348D9FD.jpeg
C37E07B1-DD5E-4580-8B41-53906CAB335E.jpeg
Sorry, you don’t know what your talking about. My daughter and my SIL live/own a house right on Heliotrope and Bayview. So I know what houses go for and the shit that goes on. No exaggeration, place turned to shit. Why do you think they keep trying to get rid of the fire pits? Take your family for a day of festivities at the beach I circled. Saturday or Sunday and I guarantee you might not be back. I lived in Irvine and Shady Canyon from 1999 to 2017. My kids and all their friends all went to CDR. Like I said, it’s turned into a real shithole at that beach. Try getting a barbecue grill at the park. Hope you like Banda music and drunk fucks that like fights. You know what other area is turning to shit is Newport Dunes. The last row, is now the tent city of Newport Dunes. Raider nation central. There were never thefts of bikes, bbqs, chairs and whatever. Now, you got it. Been going there since 1990’s every summer. Look up area 44 and Newport Beach. See how many traffic stops you come up with. My neighbor was a Lieutenant of NBPD and now retired. The stories he had were really great. A lot of individuals from Santa Ana & Anaheim. You think LEO’s would let any happen at Bristol Farms, Fashion Island or any rich frequented Areas?

http://www.nbpd.org/crime/calls/events.asp?days=2
Where do you live that you believe CDM is a shithole? I definitely know what I’m talking about as my parents and brother both live in Newport/CDM, my wife went to CDM high, I live in University park, and go to CDM virtually every weekend. They keep trying to get rid of the fire pits because you have rich people in $20m houses that complain about the smoke. EVERY beach in so cal is going to have people from from EVERY city nearby. Just because you have Mexicans at the beach doesn’t mean the AREA is a shithole. Also... I was in the area you circled last week...

boatdoc55

Reaction score

I moved to the Oregon Coast in '92 and believe me, it had changed dramatically in the 25 years I lived there. That place has gone to Hell in a hand basket. For the outdoorsman, the limits have dwindled down to almost nothing and one needs a lawyer to figure out what the rules are.

boatdoc55

Reaction score
Portland fucked up or. One of the reasons I am bailing out of or. East if the cascades was great, until people from the coast started moving in.( I mean the entire coast)
Hey, don't be blaming all us Coast people. I left in '14 and have not looked back just like when I left Orange County, never looked back

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Nice area but it is a shit hole on weekends wouldn't touch socal water to many homeless in the rivers that spill in to it

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
How does this happen?
How can so many inept elected politicians kill a perfectly great state and get reelected or someone even worse get elected to the next seat. It cant be fixed why?
I honestly believe elections are hacked , too easy these days

PDQH2O

Reaction score
I honestly believe elections are hacked , too easy these days

Wouldn't be surprised to hear of hacked elections, as more and more are electronic. But I doubt that a hacked election would have much effect on CA election results. There are too many people that either have no vested interested interest in the state's future, don't care, refuse to assimilate to American culture, don't want to know about Sacramento politics or simply just want all the "free" stuff they can get.

The problem is that it ALL costs something, and the number of those from who the funding is taken are dwindling. The politicians care only about their reelection and personal well being. The citizens are simply the pocketbook.

In a sense, I voted with my feet and didn't even have to wait for an official election. If I had $100 for every Uhaul that I saw going east on the I40 with a CA license plate being trailered or following it, i could completely pay off a really nice home.

stoker

Reaction score
View attachment 782702

I grew up in CDM and used to ride my bike to Big Corona just about everyday in the summer, it was such a cool place to hang out. These days it’s totally different, you get looks from some of the weekend visitors that give you a feeling like you are not welcome in your own town. I feel sorry for the homeowners that live on Ocean and the surrounding flower streets.

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
I would like to state for the record, Florida is closed.