WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Words/phrases that are not PC?

SoCalZero

Reaction score
Let see what we can com up with here. What are some words or phrases that are not politically correct seeing that we have all this Asian/oriental talk going on. We will say this thread is for research so no one gets in trouble. I'll star with one of my favorites.

1. Cockpit

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
IMG_3464.JPG

Sandlord

Reaction score
My colored friend calls our mexican friend a wetback

Sbarry

Reaction score
Never knew "gyped" was a slur... Had to google it since it was mentioned a couple times. Lol

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
My colored friend calls our mexican friend a wetback

I told my Mexican supervisor today that I don't need tortillas with everything I eat, but evidently you'all do. [emoji50][emoji23]

Warlock1

Reaction score
Not PC to people/animals without thumbs?

I personally use the term, but I was told by a former boss that the saying is derived from a form of punishment for women. Something about if the branch is no bigger than the thumb it's ok to use. I dunno I never researched it.

Sbarry

Reaction score
I personally use the term, but I was told by a former boss that the saying is derived from a form of punishment for women. Something about if the branch is no bigger than the thumb it's ok to use. I dunno I never researched it.

"The phrase was invoked in a lecture as an example of domestic abuse permitted by British common law. The rule of thumb, according to the professor, was a law that allowed a man to beat his wife so long as the rod used was no thicker than his thumb.Apr 17, 1998"

530RL

Reaction score
Let see what we can com up with here. What are some words or phrases that are not politically correct seeing that we have all this Asian/oriental talk going on. We will say this thread is for research so no one gets in trouble. I'll star with one of my favorites.

1. Cockpit

LOL

We do some work with Boeing and that phrase in strictly verboten in Boeing land.

You have to use "flight deck"

Sandlord

Reaction score
Chicks don't like that Rule of Thumb talk.
Broads these days dont know how good they have it.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
The whole "Rule of thumb" controversy seemed to really come to a head when it was on Boondock Saints.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score

I think that word is still on the table.. Is it a shortening of "renegotiated"

re-nege

verb
go back on a promise, undertaking, or contract.
"the administration had reneged on its election promises"
synonyms: default on, fail to honor, go back on, break, back out of, withdraw from, retreat from, welsh on, backtrack on; break one's word/promise about
"he reneged on his campaign promises"
another term for revoke (sense 2).
archaic
renounce or abandon (someone or something).