WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

World Cup Soccer - Gotta give ‘em credit.

DWC

Reaction score
Every major sport has done everything possible to make their sport entertaining. Football lets receivers/QB’s run free, baseball is actually trying to speed up the game, basketball has become a series of no-defense all star games, etc.
Soccer stood its ground. Same boring shit as always.

Singleton

Reaction score
No beer at WC games this year :(
The payoff must of been huge for each board member to vote for the host this year

Reactions: DWC

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
The payoff must of been huge for each board member to vote for the host this year
Qatar has enough money to grease the palms of everyone so not having beer or allowing people of other religions to pray publicly, etc. is of no concern to those paid off

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
I’m sure no one saw this coming. 😉

986CF5A4-547C-4AEC-91D3-96672DAA9FE1.jpeg

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Every major sport has done everything possible to make their sport entertaining. Football lets receivers/QB’s run free, baseball is actually trying to speed up the game, basketball has become a series of no-defense all star games, etc.
C’mon… baseball?? lol talk about watching paint dry.

DWC

Reaction score
C’mon… baseball?? lol talk about watching paint dry.
I said they’re trying to hurry it up. 😁. Personally, I’d take away drug testing in MLB. Let them go back to the roid days and mash home runs. Maybe move the mound back a bit to offset the number of guys throwing at/near 100mph.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
If that game was boring then I guess I'm a boring person. My BP is definitely elevated. Only player to score a goal in 5 different world cups. I hope they carry it on. He deserves to win one.

Then, that Kansas Wisconsin game was not helping my BP.

Now to watch Brazil. See what Neymar can do. Great sports day. Cowboys are up after.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Chicken shit call on the pk ! And for the ref not to use video review was bullshit . Shit win . Nothing to be proud of in that one
Ha! Except the other 2 were beautiful and the ref missed so many calls in the first half and called bs plays for Ghana. So I'm not complaining. He wasn't consistent.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Ha! Except the other 2 were beautiful and the ref missed so many calls in the first half and called bs plays for Ghana. So I'm not complaining. He wasn't consistent.
So put a astrik next to goal number five and score the game a tie ! Ghana deserved better . The damage is done but I bet that will be the refs last game in the tournament for not reviewing the call .

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I heard Budweiser is getting their WC projected revenue paid in cash and the WC sponsorship fee are being reduced for this WC.
I read Bud is sending the extra beer to the winning country. 🍺🍺

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
So put a astrik next to goal number five and score the game a tie ! Ghana deserved better . The damage is done but I bet that will be the refs last game in the tournament for not reviewing the call .
That's how it goes. Sometimes refs miss calls. Sometimes in your favor, Sometimes not. Ghana could have capitalized on his generosity I the first half and they didn't. They then got 10 additional minutes on a sub out squad. They had their chances. One call didn't make that difference. That call on Ronaldo previous goal was also bs in my opinion. So call it a wash.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
If that game was boring then I guess I'm a boring person. My BP is definitely elevated. Only player to score a goal in 5 different world cups. I hope they carry it on. He deserves to win one.

Then, that Kansas Wisconsin game was not helping my BP.

Now to watch Brazil. See what Neymar can do. Great sports day. Cowboys are up after.

He missed a couple. That header should have been buried. Getting old sucks.

Carlos90041

Reaction score
I love World Cup ⚽️. I watch as many games as I can. It definitely gets better as teams get eliminated. I played and my daughters play (Rec/club/HS). Maybe I am bias.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
My 10 year old’s team just won the Riverside/Jurupa championship. Off to regional playoffs and then So Cal championship hopefully. Big sister played college ball this last season with me not paying a penny for tuition. I also referee for fun and to get a nice cardio workout. Soccer been berry berry goot to me.
F016EECD-242A-4292-BF65-C0315CA16D1D.jpeg
7525B255-4519-4FF1-8012-4C4F8D9F3958.jpeg

CLdrinker

Reaction score
My BIL is the woman’s coach at Upper Iowa, my wife, nieces and nephews as well as my daughter all play or played.

Daughter is in the Turkey Tournament this weekend.
Her team didn’t make it but she was recruited by another team lol she is only 8.

grumpy88

Reaction score
My 10 year old’s team just won the Riverside/Jurupa championship. Off to regional playoffs and then So Cal championship hopefully. Big sister played college ball this last season with me not paying a penny for tuition. I also referee for fun and to get a nice cardio workout. Soccer been berry berry goot to me.
View attachment 1175086 View attachment 1175087
My wife's cousin lived in jurupa and went to unlv on a soccer scholarship. Aunt and uncle still live there , cool town .

Reactions: BTR

brgrcru

Reaction score
USA -England at 11 am pt. Zone

Go USA

Brazil’s and France look real good
I have a $100 on the Dutch . I know wishful thinking
But the payout is good
Plus I have been a Dutch fan since johan Cruyf

I’m Always going for Germany and Croatia
Not going to happen
Cheers

Justsomeguy

Reaction score

Go USA

But the payout is good

Not going to happen
Cheers
Mbappe cannot win another! Neymar I will allow. Brazil comes into the tournament as the #1 ranked team. I actually thought Serbia did a fantastic job defending them. But once that first goal got through that was it. They had to attack and it spread them out allowing the second. Good game. Looking forward to the USA game.

Still pulling for one of the greats to add the only thing they are missing.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Mbappe cannot win another! Neymar I will allow. Brazil comes into the tournament as the #1 ranked team. I actually thought Serbia did a fantastic job defending them. But once that first goal got through that was it. They had to attack and it spread them out allowing the second. Good game. Looking forward to the USA game.

Still pulling for one of the greats to add the only thing they are missing.
I’m with you
Don’t want multi national team France to win lol

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

Go USA

But the payout is good

Not going to happen
Cheers
The Dutch team is having a good match with Ecuador with 15 minutes to go. 1-1.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
France looked good. Messi is doing what Messi does, but they aren't out of the woods yet. US looks stronger than I ever recall. Neymar out for the group stage, at least. Shaping up to be an interesting cup.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Soccer Sucks Balls!! I played Soccer as a kid, and my Dad coached for 30 + years. Soccer still sucks balls. The Flopping, the little flying Airplane move when you score, the low scores...Its unwatchable. It is still a great sport for little kids, high school, and maybe college.

FishSniper

Reaction score
I agree I can’t stand watching soccer tried to watch the last ten minutes US V’s England and couldn’t take it.

brgrcru

Reaction score
When you have not played or try to understand the game
I get it . You won’t like it .
It can be boring and hard to watch .

Hell im a huge fan . I have walked out or turned off the game. If teams don’t go to goal.

go to game in 2026
As the WC will be in North America
Watching it live with two great pro teams .
the atmosphere the beer and hot beautiful flavors of women from around the world .
Might help your horror of the game lol

Billions of people are counting on it. Ha ha !

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

Iran is demanding that the US Soccer team be disqualified from the World Cup going into Tuesday's much anticipated US-Iran match, after more off-field controversy has sent tensions to boiling point.

A Saturday social media post across the official social media accounts of the US Soccer Federation (USSF), including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram - featured an altered version of the Iranian national flag without the Islamic emblem in the center. US Soccer said it was to show solidarity with the ongoing 'anti-hijab' protest movement which has been raging for over two months inside Iran.

Getty Images: Flag of the Islamic Republic of Iran
"We wanted to show our support for the women in Iran with our graphic for 24 hours," the US Soccer federation said. The USSF said this was in "support for the women in Iran fighting for basic human rights."

In response, Iran's soccer federation said the move "disrespected the national flag of Islamic Republic of Iran," and additionally that it was "unethical and against international law."

It is driving outrage inside Iran, given that state media is describing that the US is "removing the symbol of Allah" from the Iranian flag. According to a description in the Associated Press:

The Islamic Republic emblem, designed in 1980, is four curves with a sword between them. It represents the Islamic saying: "There is no god but God." It also resembles a tulip or lotus.
In response, on Sunday Iran state media called for the US team to be immediately booted from the World Cup for the intentionally "distorted image" of the flag.

Tasnim news agency said in a statement, "By posting a distorted image of the flag of the Islamic Republic of Iran on its official account, the US football team breached the FIFA charter, for which a 10-game suspension is the appropriate penalty." It emphasized: "Team USA should be kicked out of the World Cup 2022."

They have since switched it back to the correct flag.

Woke faggots can't let sports be sports....................🖕

Tomorrow should be fun, we'll see if our man bun soy bois can handle it.