WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

World Cup Soccer - Gotta give ‘em credit.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score

Iran is demanding that the US Soccer team be disqualified from the World Cup going into Tuesday's much anticipated US-Iran match, after more off-field controversy has sent tensions to boiling point.

A Saturday social media post across the official social media accounts of the US Soccer Federation (USSF), including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram - featured an altered version of the Iranian national flag without the Islamic emblem in the center. US Soccer said it was to show solidarity with the ongoing 'anti-hijab' protest movement which has been raging for over two months inside Iran.

Getty Images: Flag of the Islamic Republic of Iran
"We wanted to show our support for the women in Iran with our graphic for 24 hours," the US Soccer federation said. The USSF said this was in "support for the women in Iran fighting for basic human rights."

In response, Iran's soccer federation said the move "disrespected the national flag of Islamic Republic of Iran," and additionally that it was "unethical and against international law."

It is driving outrage inside Iran, given that state media is describing that the US is "removing the symbol of Allah" from the Iranian flag. According to a description in the Associated Press:

In response, on Sunday Iran state media called for the US team to be immediately booted from the World Cup for the intentionally "distorted image" of the flag.

Tasnim news agency said in a statement, "By posting a distorted image of the flag of the Islamic Republic of Iran on its official account, the US football team breached the FIFA charter, for which a 10-game suspension is the appropriate penalty." It emphasized: "Team USA should be kicked out of the World Cup 2022."

They have since switched it back to the correct flag.

Woke faggots can't let sports be sports....................🖕

Tomorrow should be fun, we'll see if our man bun soy bois can handle it.
They better bring it. Tomorrow just got more interesting.

DWC

Reaction score

Iran is demanding that the US Soccer team be disqualified from the World Cup going into Tuesday's much anticipated US-Iran match, after more off-field controversy has sent tensions to boiling point.

A Saturday social media post across the official social media accounts of the US Soccer Federation (USSF), including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram - featured an altered version of the Iranian national flag without the Islamic emblem in the center. US Soccer said it was to show solidarity with the ongoing 'anti-hijab' protest movement which has been raging for over two months inside Iran.

"We wanted to show our support for the women in Iran with our graphic for 24 hours," the US Soccer federation said. The USSF said this was in "support for the women in Iran fighting for basic human rights."

In response, Iran's soccer federation said the move "disrespected the national flag of Islamic Republic of Iran," and additionally that it was "unethical and against international law."

It is driving outrage inside Iran, given that state media is describing that the US is "removing the symbol of Allah" from the Iranian flag. According to a description in the Associated Press:

In response, on Sunday Iran state media called for the US team to be immediately booted from the World Cup for the intentionally "distorted image" of the flag.

Tasnim news agency said in a statement, "By posting a distorted image of the flag of the Islamic Republic of Iran on its official account, the US football team breached the FIFA charter, for which a 10-game suspension is the appropriate penalty." It emphasized: "Team USA should be kicked out of the World Cup 2022."

Expecting another barn burner 👍

BC46B989-B126-4756-A299-8154FCB4FA63.jpeg

Singleton

Reaction score

Iran is pushing this since the US DQ equals Iran moving to the next round. What the USSF did was 100% against FIFA rules during WC play. Saw a few interviews and players and the head coach did not know USSF even did that. While I would like to see the US advance, politics should never be part of sports, so I would also be OK with the team being DQ’d.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Update(1510ET): In an unprecedented press conference, the head coach of the US soccer team Gregg Berhalter apologized to the Iranian team over the altered flag controversy. However, he asserted that he and the team had no involvement with the weekend social media post which unleashed a firestorm of controversy.

"We had no idea about what U.S. Soccer put out. The staff, the players, we had no idea," Berhalter said at the Monday press conference. "Our focus is on this match," he added. That's when he issued a formal apology amid Tehran's insistence that the US team be disqualified:

DQ the faggots and save us Americans the embarrassment of the loss.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
I hope Argentina wins it, it's the last thing on Messi's list that's eluded him for so long.
I hope he does well. He deserves to do well.

But, there's another man that wants it just as bad. He is equally deserving of the only thing that has eluded his amazing career. He just secured his position in the round of 16.
Screenshot_20221128_130257_Instagram.jpg

bk2drvr

Reaction score
No shit😆. And golf is worse than that. And then. You have soccer. Just turn it off. 👍
Baseball is the only ball sport that I know of where the players can be overweight and its completely okay. The game is totally boring no matter how you look at it. Even when a home run is hit the dude just jogs around the bases, some high 5's and then its over.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Baseball is the only ball sport that I know of where the players can be overweight and its completely okay. The game is totally boring no matter how you look at it. Even when a home run is hit the dude just jogs around the bases, some high 5's and then its over.
I agree baseball is boring to watch as well. If I’m playing it though it’s different. Always have to be a play ahead. So many factors come into play when and where the ball might be hit. Soccer well played that also as a kid . Still no desire to watch people run up down a field kick a ball forward then to just kick it backward.
And to the side. Then turn it over and flop for a penalty. And to top it off after 90 plus minutes. It’s still zero to a zero. And the flopping is worse than Labron on a good day. 😂😂👍🤷🙄
But that’s why I have a remote. If I don’t like something I just change the channel.

curtiej10

Reaction score
For a sport that Americans don't like the, USA vs England match had more viewers than the top rated NBA finals and top rated World Series, only sporting event to have more viewers was the Super Bowl. The Germany vs Spain match was one of the most intense games I have ever seen, for those who know the game they'd appreciate all the formation changes and in game adjustments.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
I want to see a Argentina vs Portugal final. Imagine that, the ultimate El Classico
I thought about this. I didn't look into the possibility of it. But I would love to see it.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
For a sport that Americans don't like the, USA vs England match had more viewers than the top rated NBA finals and top rated World Series, only sporting event to have more viewers was the Super Bowl. The Germany vs Spain match was one of the most intense games I have ever seen, for those who know the game they'd appreciate all the formation changes and in game adjustments.
You mean people in America. Not necessarily American citizens . Correct. 🙄😱😂👍 semi sarcastic comment.

rightytighty

Reaction score
There's no doubt that the program and following is growing. Every generation gets better. From when I was a kid to today, Night and day difference. I love to see it.
US midfield outplayed England’s midfield.

Our wing backs are studs.

We are close!!!!

When our center backs step up and our forwards take a biiiig step up, we will be a straight up problem for any country to deal with…

Go USA!!!

Counting the minutes till gametime.

Carlos90041

Reaction score
There's no doubt that the program and following is growing. Every generation gets better. From when I was a kid to today, Night and day difference. I love to see it.
I agree with 💯 %. I played on my High Schools first ⚽️ team ever. I’m not that old (graduated in 97).

I appreciate the many opportunities my daughters have now to learn, train, and play. We stay busy with ⚽️.

Let’s go 🇺🇸!!

mbrown2

Reaction score
With all the political drama around the game.....amazed that the boys held it together and went out and got the win! USA! That stadium was predominantly Iranian..

rightytighty

Reaction score
Mid Field was awesome again!
Pulisic sacrificed his body for the win.
Sargent played a good hold up 9. Robinson and Dest are studs running the wings

The defense did enough

We have a shot against Netherlands on Saturday!

Let’s go boys!!!

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
Soccer is the game of low iq foreigners and communists. I remember as a kid all the retarded kids who couldn't make it on any other type of sports team were forced to play soccer.

I can honestly say I have never watched 30 seconds of the game and never plan to.

And yes, I came into a soccer thread just to post this.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Soccer is the game of low iq foreigners and communists. I remember as a kid all the retarded kids who couldn't make it on any other type of sports team were forced to play soccer.

I can honestly say I have never watched 30 seconds of the game and never plan to.

Wow, you must be a blast at parties.

Pretty sure any guy on the American team could run circles around you in most sports... even the ones where you've watched more than 30 seconds.

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
Wow, you must be a blast at parties.

Pretty sure any guy on the American team could run circles around you in most sports... even the ones where you've watched more than 30 seconds.

Cool story. And I never even watched one second of the sport.

Canuck 1

Midget Hater
Reaction score

I highly suggest that you go see Man u or Juventus in person, it is an experience like no other

And no, the super bowl doesn't even rate in comparison

EmpirE231

Reaction score
was never a fan of soccer until my kids started playing.... now definitely respect the game. Some of these athletes are on a whole different level.

my 10YO daughter is a soccer player, and beat everyone (boys and girls) at her school in the 1 mile run, and she's not even a runner lol

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
was never a fan of soccer until my kids started playing.... now definitely respect the game. Some of these athletes are on a whole different level.

my 10YO daughter is a soccer player, and beat everyone (boys and girls) at her school in the 1 mile run, and she's not even a runner lol
I couldn’t even spell soccer before my son started playing 8 years ago. Now I spend at-least 3 days a week at practice or games….lol

It’s a brutal sport (the running and physicality are right there with hockey) and I love watching him play. My kid is easily one of the best athletes in every sport he plays but he loves soccer.

Peto

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone drink Buttwiper anymore ??? Not much of a loss.

curtiej10

Reaction score

😆😆😆 I guess I am a pretty cool athletic retard than!! LOL

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score

Just to be clear. My dislike for the game has nothing to do with athletics or how good of shape they are in. It only comes down to. It is boring as hell.
No I couldn’t and for life of me don’t want to run up and down a field for 90 minutes. Praying we might a single goal.
🙄😆👍😜

My kids played. My grandkids play and I go and watch. But I hope in my mind they find something different. Lol

Javajoe

Reaction score

Lol you sound like a guy who gets pissed off by a bat flip 😂

chadzilla

Legend Performance Marine
Reaction score

My son has straight A's (some classes he has over 100% from extra credit), plays elite club soccer, is the second fastest cross country runner in our school district, plays varsity basketball and plays varsity baseball in 8th grade. The football coach at his school has come up to him several times trying to recrute him but it conflicts with his soccer schedule and he chose soccer. But I guess he is a fucking retard and isn't good enough for any other sports according to you. Oh, and he also must be from another country as well...

grumpy88

Reaction score

Move along !

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you come up with this shit but its truly entertaining😀

Well I'm glad you appreciate it Joker. If we can't laugh at ourselves, we too are faggots!!!

You should see the shit in my head that never makes it to my keyboard.......................😝

Soy soccer boys are just too easy of a target to let pass, sorry bun boys.

1669773815787.png