WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Would be burglars

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Take note!
The compound is secure.
Should you encounter ruffians that get mouthy, just grab em by the lip like I do. :)
What’s the worst could happen? :cool:

06EA1C74-8709-43ED-92EF-82ED5686F723.jpeg

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Just in case;)

A Sheriff buddy of mine told me years ago when the economy goes down, crime goes up.
A dog is a deturant. Bad guys don’t like dogs barking and announcing visitors.
Any dog can do this.

I like having a dog(s) that can intimidate as well as bark.
Want to get them both to correctly respond to..Dracarys.:cool::D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Good looking dogs.. Gotta be honest though I have never found dobermans to be an intimidating breed. I’d be a lot more concerned about a healthy lab or something with some weight behind em..

Rottweiler for sure scare the bejeesus out of me if they start growling. I don’t even know what you’d do about that their necks are so big you can’t even choke em..

Last edited:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Good looking dogs.. Gotta be honest though I have never found dobermans to be an intimidating breed. I’d be a lot more concerned about a healthy lab or something with some weight behind em..

Rottweiler for sure scare the bejeesus out of me if they start growling. I don’t even know what you’d do about that there becks are so big you can’t even choke em..
Thanks!
Last year at Glamis I took one of the most restful napes I’ve ever had.
Under an EZ up with a slight breeze.
Rocky the Dobe to the right, and @endobear Rottweiler, Tesa to me left.
I was the most well protected unarmed man at Glamis that day, lol.

I’ve learned something about this new one. She’s the smallest Doberman I’ve owned, the quickest, and quite probably the smartest.
Many dogs are more “capable” in regards to doing damage. These dogs have a certain wit about them. A perception. Not sure of the right words there.
So far I’ve not found any of the quirks. No fear of the vacuum cleaner, or my air compressor, lol.
Curiosity but no fear of really anything.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score

Rottweiler for sure scare the bejeesus out of me if they start growling. I don’t even know what you’d do about that there becks are so big you can’t even choke em..

Not me....if I see a doberman on the street, I'm gonna be on the other side.....very quickly!!

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
Rottweiler for sure scare the bejeesus out of me if they start growling. I don’t even know what you’d do about that their necks are so big you can’t even choke em..

Way back in the day I worked for SCE as a meter reader in some not so great areas. On one of my routes in Compton was a house with 2 big Rottweilers behind the gate. Supposedly "trained guard dogs". I was able to scare them off and get into the yard by just popping open an umbrella at them. The owner came out pissed accusing me of spraying them with mace, cause there's no way his dogs got scared by the umbrella! He checked them out and sure enough no mace.
Funny thing is the big dogs were no problem, it was the little yappers that caused the biggest issues. I had a house on another route that had about 10 mini pinschers. That many little shits were tough to deal with. Only dog I got bit by on the job was a fricken beagle.

DC-88

Reaction score
Way back in the day I worked for SCE as a meter reader in some not so great areas. On one of my routes in Compton was a house with 2 big Rottweilers behind the gate. Supposedly "trained guard dogs". I was able to scare them off and get into the yard by just popping open an umbrella at them. The owner came out pissed accusing me of spraying them with mace, cause there's no way his dogs got scared by the umbrella! He checked them out and sure enough no mace.
Funny thing is the big dogs were no problem, it was the little yappers that caused the biggest issues. I had a house on another route that had about 10 mini pinschers. That many little shits were tough to deal with. Only dog I got bit by on the job was a fricken beagle.
We've had some good Rotts over the years, one big beaut's mom flown over to the motherland and back. In order to walk right in with no barking, Just bring a traditional Orek style upright vacuum cleaner to the crime scene and watch the baddest family watchdog in the world as they run for the hills while trying to simultaneously wriggle out of their own skins lol

sintax

Reaction score
haha you got me to perk my ears up on that one. I THINK someone was in my back yard this last summer dicking with my slider, I saw some marks on it. Needless to say ya, a dog is a good idea, and i've been thinking about one.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score

My Rot wore a 28" collar. We had a home invasion that went horribly wrong.

Nordie

Reaction score
Grew up with mostly Dobermans, but my mom and stepdad have always had a Rottweiler. They had one German import one that was a complete bitch, I was happy when she got put down. I've always had dobermans living on my own, and they are generally nice until they're not. Cash pinned a friend in the corner, he didn't bite him, but wouldn't let him move until I called him off. So I know he will do work if it ever comes to it. Our main guard dog is Trinket, she is set on kill most of the time.

Runs2rch

Reaction score

Are you kidding me?

Doberman's are one the most intimidating. Along with German Sheppards, American Staffordshire Terriers, and Rottweilers.

Plenty of other canines that will wreck your shit also.

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
20200102_170443.jpg

What kind of saddle does he have???:D

Still waiting for him to stop growing first:rolleyes:. Ronin is the son's varmint and must stay by his side at all costs. We are all just pawns in his universe....:p

NicPaus

Reaction score
I am pup shopping. Most likely go with another all black female Shepherd. My other passed a while back and Bruiser my sable Shepherd needs a new friend.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
IMG_0094.JPG
When it comes to protecting kids and toddlers you can't beat a Newfoundland. They're not crazy vicious, but they let you know when you shouldn't be there. In this photo a stranger had come into the room. She didn't take her eyes off of them. Then got up and put herself between the stranger and the baby. She did it with class, no snarling or growling.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Tesa isn't scared of shit.
The only thing I’ve ever seen her run away from....is Rocky:D

Which surprised the shit out of me, knowing she chases bears up trees on the regular.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Dude!
Long story condensed to my SIL, broIL, and FIL had Akitas. The SIL had one litter from her girl, kept one male, bro and pops got 2 of them.
Could fill a couple of pages about those dogs, yours looks a whole lot like one of the male pups sis kept. Sam was, believe it or not a little bigger yet.

My FIL had a female from the litter, after his heart surgery they walked every single day, rain or shine.
When he passed away the sons and grand sons went through the garage.
After they were done, I took this.
842F9D9E-714F-43DD-A899-81A867AF5DC8.jpeg

Every time I see a pinto like yours it makes me think of those two.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
I've had 6 Rottis over the last 25 years.
Would love to hear the story.
It's a long story that ended with a body part dismemberment. Torn off at the joint. The investigating officer looked out of the corner of his eye with a rolled lip and said "at least we don't have to dust for prints.o_O

Gelcoater

Reaction score
.. Gotta be honest though I have never found dobermans to be an intimidating breed. I
Millie said come on over:D
779B2B04-386F-4FA6-9DCC-8D2C79820C6F.jpeg

Pretty funny watching these two get to know each other.
They give looks like that.
Was totally in play
17DFD196-2279-48F7-A1BE-E00159934670.jpeg

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Love the Dobermans. My current Dobie has cancerous tumors that keep coming back. I will definitely get another one.

Nordie

Reaction score
We lost Pinky the Dachshund, look at what my wife brought home...I'm still not happy about it, but I feel pretty bad for this little dog. Someone destroyed her face some kind of abuse. Alice is 13 or 14, Cash will not stop following her around.
20200212_205313.jpg