WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Would you marry your sister...

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Unknowingly? :oops:

After a few years of marriage, some couples hit obstacles, everything from infidelity to compatibility issues, but the news one man just found out about his wife, the mother of his two children, is something he never expected - that she is his sister.

It might seem unlikely but the reason it happened is because the man was adopted at birth and never knew anything about his biological parents. However, when his wife of six years needed a kidney, he underwent tests to see if he would be a viable donor. He explained on Reddit that he found out he is indeed a match, but the doctor wanted to do additional testing due to what he described as "some information from the HLA (human leukocyte antigen) tissue results." The man said, "I didn't think much of it and agreed."

However, when the results came back, he learned he and his wife had an "abnormally high match percentage." This confused him but the doctor went on to say that "because of how DNA is passed down through generations, a parent to a child could have at least a 50% match and siblings could have a 0 to 100% match." The doctor stated it was "rare" to have this high a match as husband and wife and that the pair are related and likely brother and sister.

Unsure of what to do, the man asked commenters to help. One wrote, "You already have kids and they are assumedly healthy since you didn't mention any crazy abnormalities. If you're happy, you're happy. Donate the kidney to your sister-wife and continue being great parents to your children." Another said, "I mean at this point you are married with children already - you can't take that back so I don't see much point in blowing worlds up," while someone else wrote, "Everything's been great this long, no point changing it."

No word on what the man has decided to do but you can see more of the comments on the post on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/115szqx

EmpirE231

Reaction score
fbee9cf4bb9fa694bf96e2f111c02360.jpg

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Had a "similar" conversation at dinner at my MILs most of her entire family is from a small town in Missouri (where cousins marry) Granted the may be distant cousins BUT .... 🤣

WildHorses24

Reaction score
Man, I liked these stories better when the sister just gets stuck in the washing machine. Now we're bringing kids and liver disease into this?

Wave Hi

Reaction score
Been happening a long time..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230323_200456_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230323_200456_Chrome.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 29

Markus

Reaction score
while she is the mother of their kids, let’s hope that he is not the father

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Some reasons people marry relatives. Inheritances, benefits, qualifications for assistance programs and:

At my work we have a fantastic pension plan. Even better with the older, original plan that I'm in.

Guys were marrying their much younger nieces and grand nieces or other blood relative so when they died the relative would continue to collect 100% of their pension with cost of living adjustments / COLAS. + Some amazing other bennies.

So to curb this and other shenanigans the pension plan docked 4% off for every year younger after 10.

My no-blood relation wife is much younger than me and we found a loophole where for every year married it would push back and deduct one from the penalty count. We just slid in under the no penalty wire.

Women live to 104 in her family so with the usual 3 to 4% annual COLA she is going to be pulling some serious bank in the years after I tap out.

BTW: Politian's have tried to raid the billions in the pension plan and we've successfully fought them off.

Last edited:

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I found out a few years ago that i had a sister, no idea her name, location, anything, so guess it could be possible