WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wouldn't you know it🤨

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I have to go to a damn wedding this weekend so I need a tie. Few years ago I purged my tie collection, donated around 50 to Goodwill and kept just a couple for this kind of event. I'm the furthest from liking to wear one and avoid it if at all possible. Well, now that I need one for my wifes hoidy-toidy friend I can't for the life of me find the ones I kept😡
Now I gotta go buy one, Fukin-A😤
Oh, and I'm pissed I gotta wear a gawd damn monkey suit for an outside wedding during a fricken heatwave 🥵🥵
🤪😂

4Waters

Reaction score
I have to go to a damn wedding this weekend so I need a tie. Few years ago I purged my tie collection, donated around 50 to Goodwill and kept just a couple for this kind of event. I'm the furthest from liking to wear one and avoid it if at all possible. Well, now that I need one for my wifes hoidy-toidy friend I can't for the life of me find the ones I kept😡
Oh, and I'm pissed I gotta wear a gawd damn monkey suit for an outside wedding during a fricken heatwave 🥵🥵
🤪😂
Don't go, you have to do your hair or something.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
How bad are the consequences if you just don't do it? Serious question on this. What will the penance with the wife be?

Might be worth it.
Well....just read my tagline and that should answer your question. I've given her enough grief about the whole thing nonetheless, however, I do like her plenty to be respectful😉😊😇

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I feel your pain Ziggy. I hate suits and ties. I will do just about anything to not have to wear one. I can’t tell you how many times I am the only one in an aloha shirt.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
🤪😂
Are you developing a cough and a slight fever?🤮🤔

Gelcoater

Reaction score
🤪😂
Well Zig. You need to look on the bright side of things here.
You were going to see the start of a new life union.

I found myself in a similar situation today, only I didn’t purge my tie collection, I don’t have any, lol.
But!
I had to wear pants, shoes, and get a fuckin haircut/beard delete, and, I wasn’t going to a wedding.😟

DRYHEAT

Reaction score

I found myself in a similar situation today, only I didn’t purge my tie collection, I don’t have any, lol.
But!
I had to wear pants, shoes, and get a fuckin haircut/beard delete, and, I wasn’t going to a wedding.😟
Beard delete! 😳

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
I feel your pain Ziggy. I hate suits and ties. I will do just about anything to not have to wear one. I can’t tell you how many times I am the only one in an aloha shirt.
Same for the bro-in-law🤣. My husband will put on a dress shirt & tie when forced!

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Jos a banks ask for a summer suit. Thinner and not as hot.

Attachments

• 0EED4ACE-B309-4FAD-9200-683C68A828FB.jpeg
    0EED4ACE-B309-4FAD-9200-683C68A828FB.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 130

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Lmao.
We BMW dealers came to Hawaii annually for meetings. Didn't take me long to say F it, I ain't wearing a suit, we're in Hawaii for Gods sake. So I went in shorts and a pollo shirt one day and man did I get a lot of eyeballs. Next day a handful of guys came in shorts, then more and more as each day progressed. By time I sold the dealership and quit that biz I'd guess at least 60% of the guys came into those meetings super casual. Trend setter I am...lol😄

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

But!
This is her friends second. First one in her early twenties lasted a year, maybe. She's now 55+. It kinda caught all her friends off guard since any relationship she's had she hasn't been exactly faithful🙄
She had been in a long distance one for a few years and now suddenly she's marrying a neighbor. I hope it's a life union but I won't hold my breath....she is a very good looking girl so she is hit on a lot. We shall see.

Sherpa

Reaction score
55 years old, 2nd try at the alter, and hot weather..

All specifics lead to casual no tie. Wear what you feel comfy in. Sans flip flops.

—Sherpa

Gelcoater

Reaction score
This is her friends second. First one in her early twenties lasted a year, maybe. She's now 55+. It kinda caught all her friends off guard since any relationship she's had she hasn't been exactly faithful🙄
She had been in a long distance one for a few years and now suddenly she's marrying a neighbor. I hope it's a life union but I won't hold my breath....she is a very good looking girl so she is hit on a lot. We shall see.
Ah yes.
We know one of those too😂
Went to the first.
My wife told me about number two, I told her me, Ken, Chris, Paul and April are going to Glamis😎
You’re welcome to come along . Your 250 is dialed in👍😎😂
For number 3 the wife and I had just bought a house. We were moving.🖕

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Well....just read my tagline and that should answer your question. I've given her enough grief about the whole thing nonetheless, however, I do like her plenty to be respectful😉😊😇
I'm not talking about not going or something strange, just a very nice dress shirt, jacket, and all but no tie.

Again serious question as I have been in this type of situation. My thought are that unless I will be up in front of everyone, I don't need the tie.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I'm not talking about not going or something strange, just a very nice dress shirt, jacket, and all but no tie.

Again serious question as I have been in this type of situation. My thought are that unless I will be up in front of everyone, I don't need the tie.
The invite specifically addressed dress code expected, that's this girls style. The one(and only) time we had her with us in Havasu she spent over two hours getting dolled up, including 6" heels, to go to the sandy ground of the Turtle Bar. Even though we warned her not to she insisted.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Prenup Prenup Prenup.... Alert Alert Alert

Socalx09

Reaction score
This reminds me of my dad. He hates pants and suits. He prefers Hawaiian shirts at weddings and even wore “nice” shorts once. All my cousins weddings were white/black tie weddings. They begged him to dress up, and he fought it all the way. The last cousin who got married never asked him or bothered him on what he was wearing- he went out and brought a suit for and happily wore it. Go figure haha.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
This reminds me of my dad. He hates pants and suits. He prefers Hawaiian shirts at weddings and even wore “nice” shorts once. All my cousins weddings were white/black tie weddings. They begged him to dress up, and he fought it all the way. The last cousin who got married never asked him or bothered him on what he was wearing- he went out and brought a suit for and happily wore it. Go figure haha.
Lol, I wore shorts and my wife wore a mini-skirt when we married.🙂

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I remember St. Mary’s School in 3rd grade.....had a clip on tie......remember those?? :D

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Just tie and wear a noose with a sign on your back saying something about in memory of XXXX (the grooms name).
Hey you would meet the specific dress code.......
:cool:

Mike K

Reaction score
Not so fast ... I was in my nephews wedding last month .. no one wore a tie except old people ... I am not kidding ... be absolutely sure about the tie thing ... even in biz ... ties have been kinda an old man thing. ... and I’m old 😎

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Not so fast ... I was in my nephews wedding last month .. no one wore a tie except old people ... I am not kidding ... be absolutely sure about the tie thing ... even in biz ... ties have been kinda an old man thing. ... and I’m old 😎
Out of pure curiosity, how old? 🤔😂

HBCraig

Reaction score
@Ziggy

First off, go with the full Windsor. Half Windsor is for rookies

Second, go to my boy David August and get a real suit.

WYRD

Reaction score
I actually remembered how to tie it properly so the knot is symmetrical 😊
Made it to our destination View attachment 932651 .
91° driving through the city🥴 and I still gotta wear the monkey suit for this outdoor ceremony 😖
Just put one on and role play that you are some fatcat BMW dealer, Jan will love it so much you may even get lucky;)

HNL2LHC

Reaction score

Awesome!!! I like your dad

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
I actually remembered how to tie it properly so the knot is symmetrical 😊
Made it to our destination View attachment 932651 .
91° driving through the city🥴 and I still gotta wear the monkey suit for this outdoor ceremony 😖

You following us? LOL. When were you there? We were in the city on the 11th through 13th.

36517643-1B54-4112-A70F-6A1042F93D0C.jpeg