WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wow, none of the Monster Garage Jesse James stuff is doing well at Barrett Jackson...

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Perhaps the Jesse era is over... :hmm
james1.jpg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Perhaps the Jesse era is over... :hmm

Yep. I think you're right.
Perhaps the whole custom bike scene is moving on to other interests too.
Now let's see how long Sandra Ballocks keeps him.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Cant imagine having a lot of people knocking on the door for $100K motorcycles these days.

Didnt think any of the Monster garage stuff would draw huge money since none of the stuff is street legal.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Jesse has "Jumped the Shark"...............:eek::smackhead

Maybe in 30 - 40 years it will be regarded as antique collectables, better stock up.:skull

Not So Fast

Reaction score
We went down to see the Schoolbus boat a couple of years ago when they lauched it at the Marina, fun yes, but I dont think anyone would purchase it would they. It only made it about 50' then had to be towed to the channel where it rested with a bunch of DCB's:D:D:D NSF

2Driver

Reaction score
We were there last night went his crap was going through. You had to laugh. Who wouldn't like being paid to make a cruiser into a wood chipper.

The stuff was junk yard rough at best. Not sure what you would do with a Ferrari pasta maker?

Did you see the Desert Trophy truck go through? We were outside under the tents and saw it leave. Would have liked to see that price.

kilrtoy

Banned
Reaction score
Probably because its all junk, Cool show in all, but still junk

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I was looking through some of the numbers last night. Seems to me things are a bit off this year in general and I think a bit expected. My parents first car was about 20% off where it should have been based on last year.

Some of the Jessie James stuff my Dad said took a few before anyone would even open bid. :eek:

Ratso

Reaction score
We were there last night went his crap was going through. You had to laugh. Who wouldn't like being paid to make a cruiser into a wood chipper.

The stuff was junk yard rough at best. Not sure what you would do with a Ferrari pasta maker?

Did you see the Desert Trophy truck go through? We were outside under the tents and saw it leave. Would have liked to see that price.

What about the Ford Explorer made into a Trash Compactor... I watched that stupid shit for about 15 minutes... I can't believe the crap they are running through there, much less putting it on TV! Oh yeah, the (I think) 82 caddy 4 door 1/4 mile drag car??? Give me a fuckin' break... Oh, and also the front engine dragster made from a hot dog stand??? Fuck Barrett Jackson!:swear

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score

I think the truck went for about 33K!! And yes it was junk, turning a nice color of orange, from the lack of any cromoly!!!

But at least it had low miles, Im pretty sure it broke before mile 150 two years ago.

The pikes peak car went for about 15K, which wasnt bad since they claimed it had a blown small block in it, and a killer drivetrain...junk the car and keep the running gear!!:swear:swear

2Driver

Reaction score
I think the truck went for about 33K!! And yes it was junk, turning a nice color of orange, from the lack of any cromoly!!!

But at least it had low miles, Im pretty sure it broke before mile 150 two years ago.

I just found it in the sold section. Yeah, $36k.

I was just finishing a good cry that I missed buying it. Nice to know now it was a rolling turd (never saw it close up) . If you read the write up on it you think you were buying a full Gieser built $800K truck:confused: Although my crap meter was pegged when it said " 600HP small block 454"?

boatnam2

Reaction score
What about the Ford Explorer made into a Trash Compactor... I watched that stupid shit for about 15 minutes... I can't believe the crap they are running through there, much less putting it on TV! Oh yeah, the (I think) 82 caddy 4 door 1/4 mile drag car??? Give me a fuckin' break... Oh, and also the front engine dragster made from a hot dog stand??? Fuck Barrett Jackson!:swear

yep, just a bunch of car salesman making a buck off someone else.

jordy

Banned
Reaction score
The pikes peak car went for about 15K, which wasnt bad since they claimed it had a blown small block in it, and a killer drivetrain...junk the car and keep the running gear!!:swear:swear

That was pretty much the deal with most of the crap they sent through... The 1/4 mile caddy that went off in the neighborhood of $18K, with the blower sticking out of the hood was the same way. The announcers on Speed were talking it up and saying that you couldn't even build the engine that was in it for $18K. From what I recall it was an iron BBC with a BDS blower and injection on it.. and nothing really special beyond that. I think you could do it for $10K and have money left over. :point

Mondorally

Reaction score
Although my crap meter was pegged when it said " 600HP small block 454"?

FYI - Could have had one of these.

MotownLimitedEdition.jpg

MOTOWN LIMITED EDITION
SMALL BLOCK CHEVROLET
COMPLETE STREET ENGINES

This is truly “The Mouse That Roared!” With a big 454 cubic inch displacement, Motown cylinder heads with high volume/flow 220 cfm intake ports and a new Motown intake manifold that out-performs all others on the market, it’s one potent package.You get 600 dyno-tested horsepower, and it is still backed by a 2-year warranty (issued by an independent insurance carrier). Reliability is another one of the important attributes of the hot “Limited Edition” engines from World Products.

http://worldcastings.com/prods_pages/101011.htm

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Jesse may have jumped the shark, but as a fabricator/machinist he could out-do those american chopper hacks blind-folded

jordy

Banned
Reaction score
as a fabricator/machinist he could out-do those american chopper hacks blind-folded

Exactly. He's a hell of a fabricator... He'd start off with a pile of tubes and some sheet metal and bend his frames and english wheel out some fenders and a fuel tank... very impressive. The OCC crew pretty much just assembles parts that someone else built... sure they might cut an inch off a fender here and there to really trick it out... :point

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
I just found it in the sold section. Yeah, $36k.

I was just finishing a good cry that I missed buying it. Nice to know now it was a rolling turd (never saw it close up) . If you read the write up on it you think you were buying a full Gieser built $800K truck:confused: Although my crap meter was pegged when it said " 600HP small block 454"?

there is such a bird. my friend was selling his sand limo with a small block 454 in it

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
FYI - Could have had one of these.

MotownLimitedEdition.jpg

MOTOWN LIMITED EDITION
SMALL BLOCK CHEVROLET
COMPLETE STREET ENGINES

This is truly ???????The Mouse That Roared!??????? With a big 454 cubic inch displacement, Motown cylinder heads with high volume/flow 220 cfm intake ports and a new Motown intake manifold that out-performs all others on the market, it????????s one potent package.You get 600 dyno-tested horsepower, and it is still backed by a 2-year warranty (issued by an independent insurance carrier). Reliability is another one of the important attributes of the hot ???????Limited Edition??????? engines from World Products.

http://worldcastings.com/prods_pages/101011.htm

This is the real deal right here. http://www.steveschmidtracing.com/engines/434-pro-sportsman-18deg.html
________
VOLCANO REVIEW

Last edited: