WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WPM Cats - Yeah or Nay?

CLA

Reaction score
sale9.jpg

They need a big hatch if your running some power. And yes they are faster than a 25 Daytona because they are the size of a 22 Daytona.

FASTJTBT144

Reaction score
Does the Warlock 28 SXT share a similar bottom to the WPM 28 ? Was the warlock 28 cat developed under him, or where did that bottom come from?
Don Kirby did tooling on the 28 completely different then the wpm that Tom tooled that's why others have that same mold.

Rotten deal

Reaction score
I have wpm steering on one of my 22 daytona but don't know much about the boats.

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
I've always thought they were hideous, but heard they ran great. It's just the deck that's the problem for me. I can't get over it. That being said, I have a 25 Warlock SXT cat. It's not for everyone, but I think it's a good looking 90's/2000's cat. You can get them real cheap at this point, and they run well. Same with the 28 Warlock cats.

Taboma

Reaction score
First 25' Warlock I ever saw was up at Lake Mead sporting twin 2.5's, this was around 1990 so cats were a rare sight. :thumbsup

One of those with twin modern 300's or 400's would make one nice ride :thumbsup

getreal

Reaction score
This was Bob Endress's boat Hull #1

Attachments

• 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 426

spectras only

Reaction score
First 25' Warlock I ever saw was up at Lake Mead sporting twin 2.5's, this was around 1990 so cats were a rare sight. :thumbsup

One of those with twin modern 300's or 400's would make one nice ride :thumbsup

The 25' Warlock SXT with twin 2.5 fishing OB's would do 90 with cheap insurance to boot.

Caleb's boat >
Pokerrunkelowna.jpg

FASTJTBT144

Reaction score
Ron Edie did all the tooling for Tom.
You are right I don't think Tom tooled that 28 I think Carter built that
mold and Don did it for him. That boat never ran well its roomy safe deal just not a 90+ set up.

GregG

Reaction score
I just saw Tom last Saturday. He is still in Corona, Right now he is working on a new version of his electric power steering.

Stolarz is extremely talented and has been in the business a long time, the Warlock 25' is one of the best boats made, IMHO. If I remember correctly, Stolarz sold Warlock to Carter Reed and then started WPM and produced a couple different sizes of those boats with the signature saddle in the side. I'm not a huge fan of the looks but they're not bad either, and outstanding performing boats

Stolarz has always built really high quality and always been very innovative. He started Team Warlock in 1987. He did sell Team Warlock to Carter in about 1993. I always thought that the early Team Warlock 23' and 28' "Offshore" V bottoms were, and still are timeless. I'm pretty sure that Don Kirby did all the glass work on those Offshore models as a part of Tom's team. A friend has both a 23 and a 28 in his collection. Cool that he is still up and running and tinkering away.

Hopefully he is in good health. :thumbsup

smallblocksperry

Reaction score
One of the better performing cats from back in the day were warrior performance marine by Tom Stolarz. I always thought they were kinda funky looking, but always heard rave reviews about how they ran. It's pretty rare you see them, but when you do they always have some decent power in them and they are pretty trick.. personally I have never been in one.. whatever happened to WPM? Anybody run one?

Side note Tom is a pretty talented guy and did WPM steering if anyone remembers that. He was friends with a buddy of mine Danny Donahue and also did a pretty unique steering bracket in the DCM V Drive that I never could quite wrap my head around.. lol

Anyhow saw this at Mavericks over he weekend and it got me to thinking about them.

View attachment 576447

View attachment 576448

IMG_2112.jpg IMG_2112.jpg IMG_2112.jpg

Can't believe someone fixed that death trap

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Stolarz has always built really high quality and always been very innovative. He started Team Warlock in 1987. He did sell Team Warlock to Carter in about 1993. I always thought that the early Team Warlock 23' and 28' "Offshore" V bottoms were, and still are timeless. I'm pretty sure that Don Kirby did all the glass work on those Offshore models as a part of Tom's team. A friend has both a 23 and a 28 in his collection. Cool that he is still up and running and tinkering away.

Hopefully he is in good health. :thumbsup
I don't remember the years but I remember there being an owner between Tom and Carter? Possibly two? A gal with red hair? Don't remember now, been a while.
I didn't do work for Tom under roof at the Railroad building but did for Kirby when he was running things for the new owner.
I so hated those Warlock cat molds, lol.

I also remember doing stuff for Carter under the UltimateWarlock name at the building on Grove in Anaheim. But I don't remember doing anything for Carter at the Railroad building? My dealings with him were brief.
Kirby...that guy was a riot.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
That Warlock ownership gap between Tom and Carter Read was Bill Bennett and Bill Pennington the owners of Circus Circus in Las Vegas. Chris Mornis and Steve McKee both spent some time during the Bennett/Pennington years as general managers while Kirby tooled in the back of the shop.

"NOEXCUSES"

Reaction score
It seems I remember a blue and white one delaminating in a similar area as the boat damage pictured above. It was a few years ago though.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
That Warlock ownership gap between Tom and Carter Read was Bill Bennett and Bill Pennington the owners of Circus Circus in Las Vegas. Chris Mornis and Steve McKee both spent some time during the Bennett/Pennington years as general managers while Kirby tooled in the back of the shop.

That sounds right, I remember them having ties in Vegas.

buck35

Reaction score
I've always thought they were hideous, but heard they ran great. It's just the deck that's the problem for me. I can't get over it. That being said, I have a 25 Warlock SXT cat. It's not for everyone, but I think it's a good looking 90's/2000's cat. You can get them real cheap at this point, and they run well. Same with the 28 Warlock cats.

Two of my buddies have 25 sxts. Fun boats for sure , and yes they rip!:thumbsup

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Your forgetting about Mark Rawley and his base white blue and pink striped 25 Warlock cat. That guy ran the shit out of his Warlock, one position full throttle back in the day. Back then for what it was it was a great rough ridding Havasu boat I believe it only ran 95 MPH with the blower motor he had in it. Smart guy he'd only run you in the rough and usually right out front of copper canyon Thompson or Windsor.

Holly crap his girlfriend back then had huge tits. (no offense to the female readers.)

I just remember this certain eliminator cat that put him on the trailer.

Got nothing but respect for Tom Stolarz. He made some cool stuff. If it wasn't for his steering the numerous times I blew up bravos and gimbals if it wasn't for his steering things could of been a lot worse.

Bob Endrees sold the 23 to a friend of mine and I've spent some time riding in it back in the day. For a 23 it did well. The only thing bad about that boat was the owner and his poser head band that he had to wear every time he drove it. He'd have his arm pumped up hi, head cocked to the side, kinda like you gay ford drivers have driving down the road, and the head band, thought he was the coolest thing on the lake. Fing HOMO totally screwing the Tom Stolarz name. :)

The best memory I got of when Endress owned it was for some reason Bob like too park in the channel, all day, like you DCB owners, :) and light up a stogy and fish from it. Don't ask me why dude's got a screw loose. I pull up next to him and he's got his pole out. Where talking shit to each other having a beer and all of a sudden it must of been a huge cat fish hitting his tackle and the pole goes flying out of his boat and right into the water. The channel is so packed with boats driving by he couldn't swim to get it. Laugh my ass off.

I always wanted to build one of his 28 cats with a single 6 drive big HP motor. Panzy, I wussed out.

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Picked up the 23 molds recently.
28 wpm still alive, 37 missing.
Going to build one soon.
Saw this yesterday
Imagine one with an LSA bravo 1!!!
55D20EAA-E595-4962-AC2A-DC75A474E2FD.jpeg

CLdrinker

Reaction score
My friend owned the all red 23WPM that had a blower and nitrous.
It got sold to an auto body shop owner in the high desert around 2000ish after he died on the Fourth of July weekend in Parker. He was riding in his brothers vdrive.
I rode in the same boat that killed him exactly 1 year before. To this day the most scared I have been in my life.
Another creepy fact I rode with Steve Columbe in the boat now named White Lighting. Just Months before the accident at Castiac

Last edited:

gqchris

Reaction score
My friend owned the all red 23WPM that had a blower and nitrous.
It got sold to an auto body shop owner in the high desert around 2000ish after he died on the Fourth of July weekend in Parker. He was riding in his brothers vdrive.
I rode in the same boat that killed him exactly 1 year before. To this day the most scared I have been in my life.
Another creepy fact I rode with Steve Columbe in the boat now named White Lighting. Just Months before the accident at Castiac

Holy crap!

Thats crazy.

My comfort level with people driving on the edge is not what it used to be! I tap out way too quick!