WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wrangler and Gladiator new Mojave Edition

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I'm kinda liking that Gladiator...

with a diesel

mbrown2

Reaction score
Digging the 2.5 Foxes with ext rezzies...should have released this Model for the wrangler... I could not see giving up my truck but those lifted gladiators look trick!

2Driver

Reaction score
LOL Jeep is notorious for making all these over priced so called special editions. I saw people are finally taking delivery of the Wrangler diesels

It will be interesting to read the forums over the next 6 months. Personally I’d love one in a Gladiator but really have my doubts on quality. There is zero cost benefit, more headaches just for a torque benefit, so it better be bullet proof.

One guy received notice his was completed and off the assembly line. The notice said it will moved to QA before shipping and it sat in QA for 5 weeks. Something tells me they weren’t waxing it for 5 weeks.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
"High Speed" Desert Edition with Solid Axles and 6 cylinder? Is this a joke?

LazyLavey

Reaction score
LOL

One guy received notice his was completed and off the assembly line. The notice said it will moved to QA before shipping and it sat in QA for 5 weeks. Something tells me they weren’t waxing it for 5 weeks.

GM had a similar situation when they introduced the 2.8l diesel in 2016. Trucks were complete but held up at the factory for several weeks with no explanation... Rumor has it additional emissions testing had to be implemented. It was just about the same time as the VW scandal

Makes sense but who knows???

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
It's another version of the Gladiator Rubicon. At least it's not like the "new" Toyota Tacoma - you know the one with the new decal package...

I love my Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition with all the bells & whistles, running on 37's and Metal Cloak 3.5" lift. We're headed for several days of off roading in Death Valley (gonna be "overlanding" :D ) soon...

JEEP Gladiator - 20.jpeg

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
It's another version of the Gladiator Rubicon. At least it's not like the "new" Toyota Tacoma - you know the one with the new decal package...

I love my Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition with all the bells & whistles, running on 37's and Metal Cloak 3.5" lift. We're headed for several days of off roading in Death Valley (gonna be "overlanding" :D ) soon...

View attachment 842864
That thing is bad ass. I think they look goofy stock, but it’s a whole different level of cool when they get 37s and look proportional.

Riley1

Reaction score

View attachment 842864
I’m on the fence between a Gladiator or a used power wagon and used wrangler combo.
Had a 2015 JK and very much regret selling it so I WILL be getting another Jeep. Figured 50k for a diesel Gladiator Rubicon or 50k for the used combo. Thought a diesel gladiator could check all the boxes;
Off-road
Toad behind RV
Tow the boat (5800lbs.)

My wife feels that it won’t tow well. Even though our 3.0 diesel BMW towed great.

have you towed anything with yours? How do you feel it would tow?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Looks like the Jeep diesel is a runner...fastest engine available in a Jeep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

boatpi

Reaction score
Like I’ve said before my Range Rover sport TD6 has 443 foot pounds of torque at 1500 RPM, these new diesel’s kick ass, and 30+ mpg.

LakeBeard

Reaction score
I’m on the fence between a Gladiator or a used power wagon and used wrangler combo.
Had a 2015 JK and very much regret selling it so I WILL be getting another Jeep. Figured 50k for a diesel Gladiator Rubicon or 50k for the used combo. Thought a diesel gladiator could check all the boxes;
Off-road
Toad behind RV
Tow the boat (5800lbs.)

My wife feels that it won’t tow well. Even though our 3.0 diesel BMW towed great.

We did the Power Wagon / Jeep Combo, works great for us

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The diesel in my ram 1500 was a pile of crap. Amazing amount of down time for a new truck. Gave up after a year of bs and traded it in and lost my ass but at least my Cummins gets me home all the time, something I can’t say for the fiat.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Off-road
Toad behind RV
Tow the boat (5800lbs.)

1. I don't tow with the Gladiator
2. It's designed by FCA/Jeep to tow
3. It's got the 6-cylinder but you know that

It'll tow. But it won't win any towing awards going up to Chiriaco Summit :eek:

pkbullet

Reaction score
You bought that Doetsch Off Road Jeep at Barrett Jackson?! That's an awesome Jeep! People all over the internet are in love with that truck! The front end is sick and the guys at Doetch nailed it.

Tell me about it
Thought it would be cool to play with or
sell on my lot, wife got a hold of it and won’t give it back.
59BDF657-ACC7-4695-AD28-B533EF00C700.png

WhatExit?

Reaction score
The retro front is awesome - they should make kits to fit the JL's and JT's

Groper

Reaction score
The retro front is awesome - they should make kits to fit the JL's and JT's
I think they would by now, Teraflex had one in their booth @SEMA a few years ago and I went back to look at it a few times, it had a 60's JK Wagoneer baby blue n white paint job on and now I want to do it to my 14 JKRU. 😎
9WDPbm9.jpg

pronstar

Reaction score
If you want a Gladiator, note that sales are not meeting expectations.

FCA has announced incentives, and dealers are offering up to $9k off to move inventory.

So it pays to shop around.

More info here:

pronstar

Reaction score
"High Speed" Desert Edition with Solid Axles and 6 cylinder? Is this a joke?

What makes any of those things incompatible with running at high speed in the desert?

WhatExit?

Reaction score
What makes any of those things incompatible with running at high speed in the desert?

As you suspect, it's not. There's no way it'll do that kind of desert running. But at least it's not another Toyota decal package

pronstar

Reaction score
As you suspect, it's not. There's no way it'll do that kind of desert running. But at least it's not another Toyota decal package

Yeah I don’t think it’ll run like a Raptor.
At least it has 2.5” shocks [emoji106]

And Fox bumpstops that look like regular rubber bumpstops, only with a Fox logo LOL

They do say it has Dana 44’s, so I guess that’s an upgrade from other Gladiators?

2Driver

Reaction score
If you want a Gladiator, note that sales are not meeting expectations.

FCA has announced incentives, and dealers are offering up to $9k off to move inventory.

So it pays to shop around.

More info here:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it is retired in less than 5 years.
It has no poser, Jeep-life appeal like a Jeep and if you want or need a real pick-up then this isn’t it. It fits a small niche buyer that Chrysler filled because the group that was asking for it was loud, unfortunately and apparently not a large group.

pronstar

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if it is retired in less than 5 years.
It has no poser, Jeep-life appeal like a Jeep and if you want or need a real pick-up then this isn’t it. It fits a small niche buyer that Chrysler filled because the group that was asking for it was loud, unfortunately and apparently not a large group.

For me, the giant rear overhang really limits it for the off-roading we do out here.

It’s a cool vehicle, but I agree with you...it fills a niche that may or may not be very large.

Groper

Reaction score
For me, the giant rear overhang really limits it for the off-roading we do out here.

It’s a cool vehicle, but I agree with you...it fills a niche that may or may not be very large.

Yes you are correct the Bed length make useless for anything other than fire roads & trails with minimal inclines, though cool looking IMO I think FCA went after more of a small nostalgic market than a purpose built vehicle. For myself and others that I wheel or have wheeled with for years have all wanted a Diesel along with a beefier drivetrain for torque, durability and mileage.

It's like when you travel to third world countries and see bone stock 80's diesel PU's both Jeeps & Toyotas or ? still running, yea totally trashed lol but still running.
I was in Fiji a few years ago and took a 2hr ride in a Diesel Toyota Van from the Airport to my hotel , the odometer had broken at 300k ten years prior and was still running like a champ. Last summer I was in Honduras and all the Hyundai Taxi passenger vans were Diesel with no smoke or emission issues, we need more Diesel engines in good old America, I know it's coming but daum it's been a long time coming. 😫

WhatExit?

Reaction score
the Bed length make useless for anything other than fire roads & trails with minimal inclines, though cool looking

You can't be serious..."useless for anything other than fire roads & trails with minimal inclines" - do you even go off road? 😲

Groper

Reaction score
You can't be serious..."useless for anything other than fire roads & trails with minimal inclines" - do you even go off road? 😲
Bahahahaha that should my question for you :rolleyes:
I'm Dead Serious Shirley, either up or down on a steep incline or climb the ass-end will hit, drag or whatever, however i'm sure it will clear the Mall or Supermarket driveways your used to. :D

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Bahahahaha that should my question for you :rolleyes:
I'm Dead Serious Shirley, either up or down on a steep incline or climb the ass-end will hit, drag or whatever, however i'm sure it will clear the Mall or Supermarket driveways your used to. :D

Guess you've never off roaded in a full-size pickup either.

I get that "off roading" has different meanings to each person but unless you're doing serious rock crawling (and/or tight spaces) a full-size pickup truck with 4WD will do very well off road. And the Jeep Gladiator will do as well as your JK/JL everywhere except where its longer wheelbase (breakover) and longer tail (departure angle) will drag.

Besides your KOH rig :rolleyes: there are other off road Jeeps besides the Barbie Mall Crawler