WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wrangler V8 Conversion

Skulker

Reaction score
Thinking about doing a LS or Hemi swap in a 2013 Jeep Wrangler, any recommendations. I've read that the Hemi conversion tends to play with the existing Jeep computer configuration but the LS is lighter and once done correctly is more expandable. I've also looked at the blowers, they seem to fill the gap as well, but just so far?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Have you considered an LT 5.3?
More power and much more flexible than an LS.

These guys have been doing 6.2LS conversions, and now prefer the 5.3LT due to cost , availability and flexibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Skulker

Reaction score
I was looking at these guys last night, they really seem to have things figured out. I have the 5.3 in my 2015 GMC with the Edelbrock supercharger, I love it, supper nice set up and pulls like a big block.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I was looking at these guys last night, they really seem to have things figured out. I have the 5.3 in my 2015 GMC with the Edelbrock supercharger, I love it, supper nice set up and pulls like a big block.

Sweet...have you posted pics? I’d love to see it.

I’ve got the 5.3 in my 15 Silverado (no blower LOL), I think it’s a very good engine [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Thinking about doing a LS or Hemi swap in a 2013 Jeep Wrangler, any recommendations. I've read that the Hemi conversion tends to play with the existing Jeep computer configuration but the LS is lighter and once done correctly is more expandable. I've also looked at the blowers, they seem to fill the gap as well, but just so far?
So did you move forward with this deal?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I know originally people were going LS vs hemi as the hemi's seemed to have cooling issues. I haven't heard that lately with the newest generations so something got figured out.

I think i would go ls in a jk with a 4l80 and hemi in a jl with the new 8 speed trans i don't think its as big of a job on the newest platform.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Have you looked at rpm extreme? They have a 5.3L plug and play set up that is supposed to be very diy friendly.

Motech is another but from my understanding theirs is setup more for a guy who wants to get it in then do custom tuning.

Either Way awesome thread! I have a 2011 3.8L that will be getting a 5.3L when it goes. But so far the 3.8L has been great for me.

Keep us updated on what you do!