WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wrap a truck or paint it?

relaxalot

Reaction score
I have a 2016 very low mile GMC Yukon Denali XL in gloss black. The factory hood and roof clearcoat has gone bad. Paint from Chevy is not good. I also have a previous minor door damage repaired and repainted that needs to be repainted again. I am thinking about painting one side of the truck to avoid any shading differences as well as the hood and roof. 5500 bucks.... OR should I wrap the entire truck in satin black vinyl? I have had no experience with wrapped vehicles. I will likely sell it within 1 year.

JFMFG

Reaction score
I have a 2016 very low mile GMC Yukon Denali XL in gloss black. The factory hood and roof clearcoat has gone bad. Paint from Chevy is not good. I also have a previous minor door damage repaired and repainted that needs to be repainted again. I am thinking about painting one side of the truck to avoid any shading differences as well as the hood and roof. 5500 bucks.... OR should I wrap the entire truck in satin black vinyl? I have had no experience with wrapped vehicles. I will likely sell it within 1 year.
Paint it. Do it right.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Paint or wrap, satin finishes can be a real PITA

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
If you're going to sell it, I would paint it. I would be more willing to purchase a car with paint than one with a wrap.....what's hiding under that vinyl

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Probably could get away with just painting the top, and two tone it. Use a pin strip between the two colors.

Raffit78

Reaction score
If the clear is off, the wrap cannot adhere to the paint. It will simply come apart and create air bubbles. As mentioned, simply paint the oxidized areas and give the truck a good buff and wax

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Paint!!! Wrap on that will look like crap and show the issues beneath it. 👍

EPL

Reaction score
You can't wrap over peeling paint !!