WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wrench/tool question?

Springfield

Reaction score
So first off I said....fuck me.

Wife and I are out on the lake till dark, trailer up and go to the house, aprox. 4 miles from Marina. Decided to unload and clean out the boat next morning. Go in garage next morning and this "tool"? is on the floor, we have a deck boat. Pick it up and looking around and our new upholstery job has a gouge hole in the backrest of the front deck seating. My best guess it flew off a passing vehicle or my tires kicked it up........whatever and wherever it came from I have never seen before.
IMG_2939.jpg
IMG_2942.jpg

traquer

Reaction score
I have no idea what a square bit of varying sizes is used for.

Oh and fock everyone that doesn't secure their shit properly. Nice way to kill someone on a bike

jailbird141

Reaction score
I have something that looks similar for my toyhauler trailer. It has the same square ends on one side only. It is the manual crank for the electric tongue jack, in case the batteries are dead or the electric motor fails, I can still retract the jack.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Now, onto the tear...I once “repaired” something similar with superglue (R/C car tire glue...same shit) got all the “tails” pulled out forward, usung a toothpick I very carefully applied glue to the cut ends of the material and applied them back together carefully. If was visible, but only if you looked hard or knew was there.

Springfield

Reaction score
Now, onto the tear...I once “repaired” something similar with superglue (R/C car tire glue...same shit) got all the “tails” pulled out forward, usung a toothpick I very carefully applied glue to the cut ends of the material and applied them back together carefully. If was visible, but only if you looked hard or knew was there.

Thanks, was thinking the same. Pissed as the material is 6 months old, still on the fence to the approach.........upholstery shop for replace/repair or the DIY. It's just in such a high visibility spot.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Thanks, was thinking the same. Pissed as the material is 6 months old, still on the fence to the approach.........upholstery shop for replace/repair or the DIY. It's just in such a high visibility spot.

If it’s new, I’d go back to the shop and see if they can replace that panel...shouldn’t be much...staples and a seam ripper will get it back apart....and at least you know the Marist is still available...he might even have some leftover from the original job. Mine was old and impossible to match.

rrrr

Reaction score
Just bite the bullet and have it replaced. You'll get pissed off every time you look at it, and it'll make boating less pleasurable.

Do it now, before the shop runs out of the material and the manufacturer changes dye lots. You'll really be unhappy if that happens.

Warlock1

Reaction score
If it’s new, I’d go back to the shop and see if they can replace that panel...shouldn’t be much...staples and a seam ripper will get it back apart....and at least you know the Marist is still available...he might even have some leftover from the original job. Mine was old and impossible to match.
Just bite the bullet and have it replaced. You'll get pissed off every time you look at it, and it'll make boating less pleasurable.

Do it now, before the shop runs out of the material and the manufacturer changes dye lots. You'll really be unhappy if that happens.

These guys are right on the money. Do it the right way or you will think about it every time you take the boat out.

Springfield

Reaction score
It will be the first thing my eyes go to every time I walk on the front.........the word is replace.

traquer

Reaction score
Just replace it. And good call on the material. Wouldn't be the dumbest idea in the world to get a yard of each of the main colors or something now that I think of it.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
In my car dealer days we had craftsmen who could repair vinyl cuts/tears with a heat gun and a vinyl paste of sorts and recreate the texture with a stamp while still hot.
Not all that different than the bumper repair guys of today.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
In my car dealer days we had craftsmen who could repair vinyl cuts/tears with a heat gun and a vinyl paste of sorts and recreate the texture with a stamp while still hot.

I had the same repair kit. You can get it at Eastwood. I’d be concerned that the repaired area can become weaker down the road when replacement is not an option. Replace if you have the $$$$. Repair if you dont knowing you will have to replace at a later date when it does not last.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I had the same repair kit. You can get it at Eastwood. I’d be concerned that the repaired area can become weaker down the road when replacement is not an option. Replace if you have the $$$$. Repair if you dont knowing you will have to replace at a later date when it does not last.
Certainly a possibility.
If OP has comprehensive coverage then make an insurance claim for the replacement repair .

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

That was done in a couple spots on the seats in my boat before I purchased it. They have held up great and you can't tell a repair was done.