WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

[WTB] WTB 496 HO

JFMFG

Reaction score
Buddy is looking for a replacement 496. His motor took a shit over the weekend. Anyone have one laying around?

4Waters

Reaction score
My back pocket. LOL

J/K shit the heart of the season is fast approaching, hope he gets something quick.

JFMFG

Reaction score
My back pocket. LOL

J/K shit the heart of the season is fast approaching, hope he gets something quick.
Ya hope so. He is looking for something he can drop in to get him through this season while the other one gets rebuilt. We know at this point he will be lucky to have a rebuild done by august.

Icky

Reaction score
I've been looking, haven't really seen anything

DWC

Reaction score
Good luck to your friend. Shortage of parts/labor is ridiculous.
On a side note: How’s the gun selling going?

Singleton

Reaction score
Buddy is looking for a replacement 496. His motor took a shit over the weekend. Anyone have one laying around?

best to call the shops in Havasu and see if they have anything.
Chris @ Prestige used to keep a few around the shop when folks upgraded

JFMFG

Reaction score
Good luck to your friend. Shortage of parts/labor is ridiculous.
On a side note: How’s the gun selling going?
To be honest I am really slacking on it. Work has just been insane so between working 7 days a week and making time for the river and family it’s been on the back burner. This is my busiest time of year. We are in the golf business so all the courses are starting to order around the country and seems they’re doubling down since they didn’t order much last year. Which is great for me.

DWC

Reaction score
To be honest I am really slacking on it. Work has just been insane so between working 7 days a week and making time for the river and family it’s been on the back burner. This is my busiest time of year. We are in the golf business so all the courses are starting to order around the country and seems they’re doubling down since they didn’t order much last year. Which is great for me.
Too much going at work is never a bad deal. I hit Roger Dunn in Rancho and the new Monrovia store in the last couple weeks. The amount of used clubs available is virtually non-existent. Looks like the Vid gave the industry a nice boost. Hope the next gen supports the hell out of it.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Too much going at work is never a bad deal. I hit Roger Dunn in Rancho and the new Monrovia store in the last couple weeks. The amount of used clubs available is virtually non-existent. Looks like the Vid gave the industry a nice boost. Hope the next gen supports the hell out of it.
Ya 2020 was a weird year for us. Courses weren’t spending much money. But this year seems to be different. Busy is always good. Rather have the stress of being busy than being slow.

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
I may have access to a 496 mag ho with the whipple kit

farmo83

Reaction score
Boostpower has 2 take outs, I think he said they have around 60 hours on them.

robby dmax

Reaction score
best to call the shops in Havasu and see if they have anything.
Chris @ Prestige used to keep a few around the shop when folks upgraded
Be very careful using CHRIS from the above shop you just never know what you are getting from him.. and yes I speak from experience.

Singleton

Reaction score
Be very careful using CHRIS from the above shop you just never know what you are getting from him.. and yes I speak from experience.

I don’t use that shop, but when I was looking to upgrade to a 525, that was one shop wiling to purchase my 496HO.

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
My buddy is picking up your last one tomorrow.

Cool. That’s the last one till next month most Likely. We trade in each week. Seems like a nice guy. I told him to come over, it’s on a run stand ready to start and he can play[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Someone posted this site up on another thread.
Listed under parts..

IMG_0541.jpg

Str8uptoytrader.com

Hardcore1

Reaction score
I have 2 496HO long blocks for sale
#1 fresh stock rebuild on low hours engine
Includes crank polish & new bearings, bores honed with new rings, NEW HV oil pump, heads have had fresh valve job and resurfaced, NEW timing set all new gaskets
$8000

#2 Completely rebuilt with upgraded forged 4340 Rods and forged Racetec pistons with Total Seal rings and Clevite bearings
block bored and honed 030, crank polished STD, Heads fresh valve job and upgraded stainless intake valves, Dual springs, Roller rocker upgrade, premium timing set HV oil pump with HD drive shaft
$10,950 (can be ordered with dished pistons and custom cam for Procharger set up)

Both engines are machined and under assembly and can be ready in 1-2 weeks

JFMFG

Reaction score
Includes crank polish & new bearings, bores honed with new rings, NEW HV oil pump, heads have had fresh valve job and resurfaced, NEW timing set all new gaskets
$8000

#2 Completely rebuilt with upgraded forged 4340 Rods and forged Racetec pistons with Total Seal rings and Clevite bearings
block bored and honed 030, crank polished STD, Heads fresh valve job and upgraded stainless intake valves, Dual springs, Roller rocker upgrade, premium timing set HV oil pump with HD drive shaft
$10,950 (can be ordered with dished pistons and custom cam for Procharger set up)

He went with a low hour takeout from boostpower.

JFMFG

Reaction score
$8000

Do you still have any of these motors?