WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WTB Class C RV

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Looking For That Cream Puff...

My daughter and SIL are looking to buy their 1st RV

Class C, mid 2000s, reasonable mileage, 28'-31'ish, budget 30k>

Seems everything they pursue is either sold before they can get on it or complete crap (amazing what people advertise as "excellent condition")

They're located in Santa Clarita and would like to stay in the so ca area

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
Looking For That Cream Puff...

My daughter and SIL are looking to buy their 1st RV

Class C, mid 2000s, reasonable mileage, 28'-31'ish, budget 30k>

Seems everything they pursue is either sold before they can get on it or complete crap (amazing what people advertise as "excellent condition")

They're located in Santa Clarita and would like to stay in the so ca area

Have they tried the cplus ap for searching Craigslist?

F27939AF-931F-4693-AA35-07120427FC04.png

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Ya... all over RV trader and CL and the local park and sell lots. Ill try that plus deal... have nt heard of that

That 04 would fit the bill if it was a class C.
tnx

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
I pulled that up to show how the ap works. They (or you) can down load the ap and search cl automatically for whatever you are looking for.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
here's something to think about,..pretty sure 04's had the 4speed and 05-06 started 5 speed...there were a lot of suttel changes through the years..that made big differances...when looking, tryto find a coach on the E450 chassis,,, the chassis is wider and has thicker rails....and a bigger rear end.. another problem, that got better with time was how they extended the rear frame rails.....that and in the early years, the 350 had a notch in the frame where the rear end is and they couldn't handle as much tongue weight, that's why you see those bent in the middle with the back hanging down.. another thing on 04's the engine fan, people will tell you, the fan noise is extreme, up hill will sound like you are doing 10,000 rpms...
most people don't know this so the price range between 02- to 06 is minimal

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
I’ve got a 03 450 from gulfstream they are the 1st ones that extended the frame the same size as the existing 450 frame. All other brands from what I’ve read went to a smaller frame rail for the extension. Also mine has a bunch of added truses for strength. Gulfstream and winibego seem to be the best built in the years dave is talking about. Another thing to keep in mind is on the 03 the e brake is like a mini transmission and has to be serviced if it over heats it can get expensive. If you ever see what you think is a transmission leak it just might be the e brake. The other thing to check is the build date you don’t want one that has the spark plug issue!

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Found their cream puff, cancel the request