WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WTB commercial ice machine

DLC

Reaction score
Are you looking for a garage ice machine or for business?

How many lbs of ice a day?
I have a 50 lb under cabinet, Home bar type and bag my own ice. Working great for the past 5 year, but I bought a upright freezer to store ice and extra meat / house stuff

DLC

Reaction score
I would get something like this. For the garage

9C41F68C-2719-4FB5-AA84-4C11DC977E06.jpeg

Reactions: DWC

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Are you looking for a garage ice machine or for business?

How many lbs of ice a day?
I have a 50 lb under cabinet, Home bar type and bag my own ice. Working great for the past 5 year, but I bought a upright freezer to store ice and extra meat / house stuff
Looking for a commercial one for our shop.

DLC

Reaction score
If your filling up coolers for workers to take out in the field you will want a bigger hopper.

I’ll look for a little bigger machine

You will need a drain line and a water line and then add a good filter

DLC

Reaction score
Costco Business center has nice ice makers

i just saw one at the San Marcos Ca location for $1800 +/-
250 lbs daily and a 75 lb holding bin

Call that 1800 number for a price

D4813178-22CD-4866-B29A-07B6B97747C7.jpeg

Reactions: DWC

Done-it-again

Reaction score

View attachment 1113711
That would work. The holding is little small, but we are not filling ice chest daily.

There is a business cost in Ontario, I’ll check it out. Thx

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Well it's finally done. Still need to add a power junction box closer to the machine but I couldn't wait.

Thanks @hallett21 for the plumber connection to get this tied in..

If anyone heading to the river needs ice stop by Mon-Friday, here till 5pm and will fill the ice chest. Off the 60 just before the 15 fwy.

Image (1).jpeg
Image.jpeg

DLC

Reaction score
that looks AWESOME!

where did you get it?

what are the stats ? how many LBS a day? Man that’s pretty snazzy! I’m really liking the SS look 👀!

Well it's finally done. Still need to add a power junction box closer to the machine but I couldn't wait.

Thanks @hallett21 for the plumber connection to get this tied in..

If anyone heading to the river needs ice stop by Mon-Friday, here till 5pm and will fill the ice chest. Off the 60 just before the 15 fwy.

View attachment 1145399 View attachment 1145400

DLC

Reaction score
Did you get a good water filter for it?

the ice will be clear

sorry I get excited and that looks SWEET! I need a cocktail to simmer down… shit… I need some ice!

lol

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I need to get the 200lbs/day machine I have up and running and get it listed. It is pretty damn sweet!

Done-it-again

Reaction score
that looks AWESOME!

where did you get it?

what are the stats ? how many LBS a day? Man that’s pretty snazzy! I’m really liking the SS look 👀!
Did you get a good water filter for it?

the ice will be clear

sorry I get excited and that looks SWEET! I need a cocktail to simmer down… shit… I need some ice!

lol

I got it from Sam’s club. 460lb day 400 lb storage bin (full ice size) . Have a good filter but only a single unit was available (from Sam’s again). Going to pick up another single unit and run it in tandem.

Our fridge ice machine broke a year ago. Been buying bag ice since. $6 a bag gets expensive. Fresh ice taste so much better.

Last edited:

Done-it-again

Reaction score
That turned out great. I want to get a unit like that for the laundry room at the lake house.

I probably got too big of a machine but I didn’t want to get a small one and then wished I got a bigger one later on. I also looked for used but don’t know much about them and knowing my luck it wouldn't last more than a month.

It does put out some heat and it’s not quite or that loud. But could be to loud for inside the house when sleeping.

the510

Reaction score

View attachment 1113711
We run this in our shop…. Seems to die every 3-5 years. We just replace it.

Reactions: DLC

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I got it from Sam’s club. 460lb day 400 lb storage bin (full ice size) . Have a good filter but only a single unit was available (from Sam’s again). Going to pick up another single unit and run it in tandem.

Our fridge ice machine broke a year ago. Been buying bag ice since. $6 a bag gets expensive. Fresh ice taste so much better.
Don't put the same filters in series (one feeds the next). The second will just be fir show or MAYBE catch some once the first filter is too clogged up. Instead use a multi-staged set-up so the filtering gets finer and finer. It'll prolong the expensive filter media's life.

Also, if the ice is being used for mixed drinks, a charcoal filter isn't a bad idea to help remove more unwanted flavors from the water.

DesertFam

Reaction score
I have wanted a nugget ice machine for home for years. Buying two large bags a week at 6.00 a bag adds up and would have paid for itself years ago.

Roosky01

Reaction score
Are there any ice makers that produce large cubes?

I have a few of the larger silicone square cube molds that I make the old school way in the freezer. The bigger the cube the better seems to be the program that works best in the boat cooler, IMO.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Don't put the same filters in series (one feeds the next). The second will just be fir show or MAYBE catch some once the first filter is too clogged up. Instead use a multi-staged set-up so the filtering gets finer and finer. It'll prolong the expensive filter media's life.

Also, if the ice is being used for mixed drinks, a charcoal filter isn't a bad idea to help remove more unwanted flavors from the water.
Thanks for the info. If I use a smaller micron
filter in the second one and still run in a series would it be better? Don’t want to redo the plumbing just yet. 🤦‍♂️

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I have wanted a nugget ice machine for home for years. Buying two large bags a week at 6.00 a bag adds up and would have paid for itself years ago.
I’ve been doing the same buying bag ice. Just bought 20lbs today. $7 a bag at 7-11

DLC

Reaction score
Are there any ice makers that produce large cubes?

I have a few of the larger silicone square cube molds that I make the old school way in the freezer. The bigger the cube the better seems to be the program that works best in the boat cooler, IMO.
There are a few ways to look at that.

smaller ice has more surface area and that cools better, but doesn’t last as long especially if it gets wet while melting Say in a cooler

fresh fish companys use a flake ice, packs in nice and tight but isn’t heavy on the fish, it’s kinda like snow, very little …. actually none of the fish is exposed surface air for storage / over night. The fish are typically in a plastic pallet tote that allows the water to melt and not hold any water/ they are also stored in a walk cooler type room

cocktails ( say on the rocks )are bigger cubs of ice so they keep the liquid chilled and don’t water down the drink

Roosky01

Reaction score
There are a few ways to look at that.

smaller ice has more surface area and that cools better, but doesn’t last as long especially if it gets wet while melting Say in a cooler

fresh fish companys use a flake ice, packs in nice and tight but isn’t heavy on the fish, it’s kinda like snow, very little …. actually none of the fish is exposed surface air for storage / over night. The fish are typically in a plastic pallet tote that allows the water to melt and not hold any water/ they are also stored in a walk cooler type room

cocktails ( say on the rocks )are bigger cubs of ice so they keep the liquid chilled and don’t water down the drink
So big ice is better if I’m not packing fish and want to mix drinks?

I’m just basing the bigger ice theory on my personal experience. I use 4 or 5 of these in the cooler and a couple of gallon zip-locks of the regular size cubes mixed with the larger cubes and we can get a good long day out of the cheap ass igloo we have.

1660400970232.png

Last edited:

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
I probably got too big of a machine but I didn’t want to get a small one and then wished I got a bigger one later on. I also looked for used but don’t know much about them and knowing my luck it wouldn't last more than a month.

It does put out some heat and it’s not quite or that loud. But could be to loud for inside the house when sleeping.
Great insight. Thank you!

Done-it-again

Reaction score
So big ice is better if I’m not packing fish and want to mix drinks?

I’m just basing the bigger ice theory on my personal experience. I use 4 or 5 of these in the cooler and a couple of gallon zip-locks of the regular size cubes mixed with the larger cubes and we can get a good long day out of the cheap ass igloo we have.

2 View attachment 1145564

Check this site out about ice sizes and what they are used for.