WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WTB gym equipment/weights

riverroyal

Reaction score
Not for me. Son wants to give up his part of the garage and make a mini gym.
Bench. Dumb bells, whatever you got.
If your interested to sell let me know!
Thanks

Reactions: DWC

Singleton

Reaction score
Wife‘s good friend is married to the guy that deals with all the equipment at 24hr fitness.
we have tried to buy stuff, but the prices he wants are over the top. market for home gyms is insane

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I saw them stocking all sizes of dumbbells at Target, not sure what kind of pricing, but it's coming back in stock.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Find out what day Big5 gets their shipment. Go on that day. They’re actually starting to have inventory again. Can find 10% off coupons on the web.

Other than that. OfferUp.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Oh, I got a story here..........
I have my own cardio equip but due to shoulder issues haven't been lifting in a year or so. A buddy invites me to do simple MWF lifting regimen with him in his tiny apt. garage. He has nearly nothing. All cheap stuff, I don't care, they still weigh the same. Squat rack, bench with plywood, long Barbell and short, dumbell bars and a bunch of small plates, biggest plate is a 25. We're starting low anyway, and we're old so no big deal until last week when we're using all he has and it's not enough. So he goes on CL and finds 45 rubber plates local for $190. We're both dying at the price but we split it and I'm set to pick them up. A day prior my friends son is crying that he can't get enough weights, he's jacked, probably cycle-ing and 2-3 years out of HS ball. He tells me he ordered 6 45 plates online for $160 a pair plus shipping. He said it was the cheapest he found them. I don't know and don't really care about the prices. So, back to CL. Seller is in Fullerton same city as my shop so I elect to pick up our pair of rubber 45's. Seller confirms, "house at end of street with all the cars in the driveway." I roll up and sure enough, $2M homes neighborhood and this guy is selling weights, okay.
I back in, text that I'm there, I carry, and I only got out of car with cash needed; it's CL, you never can be too careful. So, nice 25ish yo chinese kid comes out, opens his garage and there is a full 3 car garage stock with carboard boxes stacked 5 feet high all around. I buy the rubber plates, I hit up my buddy's kid, shoot him a pic and he has me get him 3 pairs of 45's steel and say's they're same price as he had online but no $200 shipping fee and 6 week lead time. I had the cash, go back to my car and do the deal. Guy helps me load my car. Nice kid, perfect english and very respectful. I start praising him for killing the game right now. We're chit chatting a bit and I tell him I'm an entrepreneur as well so I admire what he's doing. He trusted me so I asked him if he'd share the details and he did, here it is. ALL he does is plates and bars, no dumbells, no machines or benches. Does Steel and Rubber. One container a month from China, been doing it for 11 months since COVID started. Only sells on OfferUP, CL, Ebay and FB Marketplace. He will NOT ship, you have to pick up, FOB. Per month gross sales of $100k for 11 months. First 6 months he CLEARED net $60k per MONTH!!!!! Demand has backed off so prices have dropped a bit and quantity has dropped a bit but he said he still clears $45k-$50k per month.

I praised him. Good for you man! Sitting in his parents house on his computer all day doing nothing but listing on sites and probably gaming on the side. Chilling in sweats, tshirt and socks with flip flops all day long and crushing it. Has 3 M3's in his driveway that are his and 2 Integra's, ricer, SMH! Power to him and God Bless America! Land of the Free and home of the Brave and where anybody can capitalize on an opportunity if you have a little bit of inginuity and a desire to work a bit harder than the next guy!

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
who says there are no opportunities out there!

scottchbrite

Reaction score
I have a bunch of plates, Olympic bar, and I’m sure some other misc stuff I’ll part with. They’ve been sitting outside and they’re probably rusty.

Reactions: DWC

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Where are you? Pics?
Thank you!!
Pretty rusty. Legit prison yard work out stuff 😎 I have 2 45’s, 2 25’s and a bunch of 2.5, 5, & 10’s.

Attachments

• 898A5679-E43C-4CC0-BBF6-88B34C2FD2F8.jpeg
    898A5679-E43C-4CC0-BBF6-88B34C2FD2F8.jpeg
    341.1 KB · Views: 118

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Pretty rusty. Legit prison yard work out stuff 😎 I have 2 45’s, 2 25’s and a bunch of 2.5, 5, & 10’s.
If nobody grabs it I will. All I really want is a bench and some dumb bells

riverroyal

Reaction score
My son is going to pass....thank you for the time! Very cool of you.
Really only needs some scotch bright and labor.

Andy B.

Reaction score
I'd pick up the 25 and 45 plates today but I live in Vegas ......

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I am interested. Where are you located and what do you want? $100? More?

lbhsbz

Reaction score
holy shit...I have a whole bunch of scrap brake rotors at work, maybe I can repurpose them as weights and be rich.