WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WTB Hallett 255

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Went and took a look at this one today. Really loved it and the boat is in great condition with the exception of the front floor board. (it needs replaced) The seller is staying firm at his price of 75k which puts it just out of reach for me. I was told he’s having a Howard deck built so he has some time to sell.

He can hold firm all he wants. That boat is not selling for 75k.

tim_maxedoutmarine

Maxed Out Marine Performance Boating & Recreation
Reaction score
The price on the boat is not firm. Reasonable offers are considered.

Kfabe

Reaction score
Personally i'm not an open bow guy, but that boat has excellent colors. That boat will still look great in 30 years.

It will still look great as long as he is not the sand on the feet type. Feeding all of his buddies flaming hot Cheetos and spraying sunscreen all over the seats. All while letting 8 little kids sip on red Gatorade. I bet this guy doesn’t even use Hot Sauce. :D:D:D

Last edited:

Riley1

Reaction score
Went and took a look at this one today. Really loved it and the boat is in great condition with the exception of the front floor board. (it needs replaced) The seller is staying firm at his price of 75k which puts it just out of reach for me. I was told he’s having a Howard deck built so he has some time to sell.
In that price range, my money would be going to this 240. Has the new seats of the 255 with classic 240 lines, and that motor. Bad ass boat. https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/1995-hallett-240-open-bow.205353/

SoCalDave

Reaction score
food-686922__340.jpg

Andy B.

Reaction score

It's a 2009 how could that front floor board need replacing already?

Spot

Reaction score
There will be tons of Halletts in the channel this weekend. Walk down there with your checkbook and make some offers. JK, good luck with your search. Halletts are a great boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
We got a counter offer and I recountered
I tried to stay out of this thread....But...I wanna say this....the 240/255 with 525 power is probley the most perfect power to boat , boat I've ever owned...the power is there when you want ,and is easy to just cruise around... that said... I wanna add this... I've own dozens of halletts..I've own'd 240's from 454 carb... to 525 merc power..they are big and slow....but the boat takes on a whole new level of performance with a 525...but here's the deal.... the 240/255 is not a 270...they tow the same... take up an about same parking spot....but.... they fall short in the ride in ruff water..while driving... they just feel less...although a nice 240 with a 525hp would be top of the list.... i'm gonna bet that for 75k you could get a pretty bad ass 270...

Reactions: DWC

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I also wanna add this , the straight bottom 270...king of the hill... for what ever reason they did the lifted keel on the 240... I don't like it and don't see it needed...maybe it was a plus on the carb'd 454 verson of the closed bow to try to get that heavy boat to air out???? who knows...but there is no way I would buy another 240 if the price is anywhere close to the 270 price...flame away...JMHO

Kfabe

Reaction score
I also wanna add this , the straight bottom 270...king of the hill... for what ever reason they did the lifted keel on the 240... I don't like it and don't see it needed...maybe it was a plus on the carb'd 454 verson of the closed bow to try to get that heavy boat to air out???? who knows...but there is no way I would buy another 240 if the price is anywhere close to the 270 price...flame away...JMHO

How dare you bring a well thought out, informed opinion to the thread. I mean geeez. :D

Spot

Reaction score
@2FF the OP wants a WTOB vs a MCOB. That’s what takes the 270 out of the conversation. But I fully agree, you can get a beautiful, well powered 270 for that price point or much less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
If a mid cabin was an option I would have jumped at the one Ricky just sold. At one point in my life I would have considered it, but now that I’m getting older & much less limber I don’t want the hassle.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
If a mid cabin was an option I would have jumped at the one Ricky just sold. At one point in my life I would have considered it, but now that I’m getting older & much less limber I don’t want the hassle.
Knowing what you want is most of the battle...thinking it out is the rest,... myself I like to grab all the feedback I can before I buy....but I always pull the trigger too soon,... Hallett is now making the 270 walk through open,..Myself… every240 I've bought,.. wished it was a 270 after...240 use to be able to get on the cheep... I bought a 240 525 power with only 40 hrs for 40k... the same 270 was double the price.... what I'm saying, a 240 doesn't campare to the 270...and if you have to pay the same or more.... doesn't make sense to me..when it get ruff... the 270 will way out perform

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
My personal opinion on the 240 vs 270 is along the lines of Steves, but the 270 is really at the point of being too big for a single. If you put the power to it to get it to perform you are gonna be watching that drive closely, being real easy on the hole shots, and no hard accelleration. The 240 does 90% of what the 270 does and is ideal in a single engine setup. The 240 might not take the rough as well as a 270, but takes it better than almost any V in that size range.

The 270 straight bottom with twin small blocks (edit: and Bravos not Alphas) is truly king of the hill before stepping up to a 'Big Boat' like a 300. The difference between a 240 and a 270 single, is the same order of magnitude between a 270 single and a 270 twin, the twin accelerates and planes so much harder and faster with very little effort, beats down rough water far better, turns better, slows down faster, brilliantly maneuverable around the docks. Can take you boating alone on a big lake like powell or mead without worrying that if you break down you are alone and stranded. Just an all around great setup.

Last edited:

Done-it-again

Reaction score

Still looking for a 255 Paul?