WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

[WTB] WTB- Howard 28 Bullett

C08H18

Reaction score
Private party, 2005 or newer, Teague EFI/Merc 525 or better, triple axle trailer. PM me if you’re thinking about selling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C08H18

Reaction score
Thanks Cole Trickle. Beautiful boat. But not private party. When I saw the listing I knew I should have posted WTB a few days earlier.

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
Who is Ricky?

Ricky owns Maxed Out Marine
Maxed Out Marine is a broker so in all truth you really are buying private party and will not have to pay sales tax. The boat is owned by Randy AKA Steak & Lobster. He has Maxed Out sell for him any time he sells something.

This is a killer boat and a great price in my opinion

Last edited:

C08H18

Reaction score
Just bought a 28 bullet from maxed out (the one with checker print on the stern) and they are fantastic people to deal with! Even talked to the owner of the boat and he has been great!
Jaycrash450 - you have a beautiful boat. I drove down to Parker to look at your boat and met Tim from Maxed Out Marine. That was a few weeks back and I knew at that point that a Howard 28 would be my next boat.

Jaycrash450

Reaction score
Jaycrash450 - you have a beautiful boat. I drove down to Parker to look at your boat and met Tim from Maxed Out Marine. That was a few weeks back and I knew at that point that a Howard 28 would be my next boat.

Thank you. She is very pretty! You slightly lucked out on making a pass on it because we got to run it for all of about 30 minutes last Saturday (first time out with her) before we lost a lifter on the no. 2 exhaust valve. Paul at maxed out was incredible at helping me try to straighten it out, the previous owner is surprised and wants to help make it right. I’m sure all will end well on our new boat. Just a little to end work.

Out of curiousity what made you pass on that boat? Did you see the 25 bullet on Craigslist? It only has a 496 though.

C08H18

Reaction score
Thank you. She is very pretty! You slightly lucked out on making a pass on it because we got to run it for all of about 30 minutes last Saturday (first time out with her) before we lost a lifter on the no. 2 exhaust valve. Paul at maxed out was incredible at helping me try to straighten it out, the previous owner is surprised and wants to help make it right. I’m sure all will end well on our new boat. Just a little to end work.

Out of curiousity what made you pass on that boat? Did you see the 25 bullet on Craigslist? It only has a 496 though.

It was Paul that showed your boat, very knowledgable guy. I actually made an offer on your boat as I drove over to Santa Clarita to talk to Teague Marine about the motor- I was looking for more performance.

Stayin'ontop

Reaction score
Private party, 2005 or newer, Teague EFI/Merc 525 or better, triple axle trailer. PM me if you’re thinking about selling.

So was it you that ended up buying Steak&Lobsters 28 from Maxed Out??

C08H18

Reaction score
Nope.

C08H18

Reaction score
I’m new to this forum and still learning how to use the platform. I just need a kid to help me! I don’t even know how to do a conversation. Lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ricky owns Maxed Out Marine
Maxed Out Marine is a broker so in all truth you really are buying private party and will not have to pay sales tax. The boat is owned by Randy AKA Steak & Lobster. He has Maxed Out sell for him any time he sells something.

This is a killer boat and a great price in my opinion

If it goes through MOM, I think he'd end up paying Sales tax? Unless he buys the boat direct from S&L and somehow takes care of them on the side? I'm not sure if Ricky is down for shit like that, but I'd expect not as they run a pretty straight shop.

RD

C08H18

Reaction score
I actually bought a boat thru MOM about two weeks ago (2010 Nordic Heat with 600SCi) and RD is correct. BTW, It couldn't get any easier than they made it. Thanks Ricky and Paul.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
If it goes through MOM, I think he'd end up paying Sales tax? Unless he buys the boat direct from S&L and somehow takes care of them on the side? I'm not sure if Ricky is down for shit like that, but I'd expect not as they run a pretty straight shop.

RD
Yes, he would have to pay sales tax, unless he trades in a boat.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk