WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WTB Ski race double handle

SkiDoc

Reaction score
I am looking for a double handle bridle/rope. All I can find online are Australian shops. I am in Kentucky and there is no one within 20 states that has ever seen a Maja long board. I do a 60 mile endurance run every once and a while and think that this would be much easier on me than the single handle. I tried calling Bob at Majerajah and he hasn’t gotten back with me.

racektm

Reaction score
The post is a couple of years old, worth a try,

i have rope and bridals phone 951 285 8300 im at Rivershore Est on the Calif side of the river
CJ BAKER

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
You may be able to get an Aussie to bring them out for Catalina, and I can bring them to NC from there if it helps.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I am looking for a double handle bridle/rope. All I can find online are Australian shops. I am in Kentucky and there is no one within 20 states that has ever seen a Maja long board. I do a 60 mile endurance run every once and a while and think that this would be much easier on me than the single handle. I tried calling Bob at Majerajah and he hasn’t gotten back with me.
I saw CJ at the ski races today, he has ones that he has made up that are basically copies of what Charlie used to make, everyone's favorites. The number above should be valid, he said he has not changed his number forever. I may actually buy a set tomorrow as he says he only has 6 remaining and he is not sure he will do another run.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Getting one from CJ thanks for the help.
You should like it, I may get one also. I have a couple of other sets, but ski 5 days a week and don't want to be without. He left the races early Sunday or I probably would have grabbed a pair, as well as a photo for you. Did he offer to include a 3rd handle to put up front?

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Is Todd not making them anymore?
Todd is a stand up jet ski guy now, last time I called to try and get handles he didn't call me back. I think that's why CJ is making them, he was selling Todd's

SkiDoc

Reaction score
You should like it, I may get one also. I have a couple of other sets, but ski 5 days a week and don't want to be without. He left the races early Sunday or I probably would have grabbed a pair, as well as a photo for you. Did he offer to include a 3rd handle to put up front?
I didn’t ask about the third handle. Thanks for mentioning it. I really thought most all of them are rigged this way

obnoxious001

Reaction score
I didn’t ask about the third handle. Thanks for mentioning it. I really thought most all of them are rigged this way
I don't use a handle in front for recreational skiing, but if I am racing I prefer it. The handles come with a very basic rope that you can customize, but if nothing else you probably want to wrap some sports tape around it to make a grip area, including one or more "balls" of tape where you normally put your hand. I am going to put some fresh tape on mine tonight, maybe I can grab a photo.

SkiDoc

Reaction score
I don't use a handle in front for recreational skiing, but if I am racing I prefer it. The handles come with a very basic rope that you can customize, but if nothing else you probably want to wrap some sports tape around it to make a grip area, including one or more "balls" of tape where you normally put your hand. I am going to put some fresh tape on mine tonight, maybe I can grab a photo.
Yes let me see photo. I thought it may be a way to rest a bit by changing grip. Thanks

boat527

Reaction score
Top one is a DC racing wrap
( CJ might have these.)
Lower one is homemade for play skiing
DSC00379.jpg

obnoxious001

Reaction score
These are the "Todd Haig" handles that CJ used to sell, actually Todd was selling them and CJ just kept some in stock to sell to people. Now he is making a superior set that is a copy of the old Charlie Saunders ones. I've made these up with some 1/2" rope that gives more bulk to grab onto, particularly after adding the knots and tape.
IMG_20220608_184226406_HDR[1].jpg