WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WTB: Wake jumper ski

Carrera J

Reaction score
Looking for a fun ski for wake jumping. Let me know what you have. By the way does anyone know what the longest Vogue Square Back was? I found a 66" but wasn't sure if it would work. 185#'s.
Thanks for any help.

RyanPartridge

Reaction score
Bummer you just missed this glass 360 on ebay by a couple hours...somebody scored.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...witem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

I have 2 Vogue square tails and they're both around 66". I'm 205 lbs and I popped right up on it but it rode a little squirrly with the stock binding setup.

I've had 3 Maha 360's, one fiberglass and two wood, all mine are 70" long but I know they exist in different lengths and widths.

Hope this helps..

Carrera J

Reaction score
Thanks, found a Vogue 66" just wasn't sure if it would work and it's back east. So, can't try it out. What do you think?

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Bummer you just missed this glass 360 on ebay by a couple hours...somebody scored.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...witem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

I have 2 Vogue square tails and they're both around 66". I'm 205 lbs and I popped right up on it but it rode a little squirrly with the stock binding setup.

I've had 3 Maha 360's, one fiberglass and two wood, all mine are 70" long but I know they exist in different lengths and widths.

Hope this helps..

Whoever it was that outbid me in the last minute...:swear:fingers:

RyanPartridge

Reaction score
Thanks, found a Vogue 66" just wasn't sure if it would work and it's back east. So, can't try it out. What do you think?

This one is in CA. Needs good bindings but that's normal when buying these old skis.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Vogue-W...aultDomain_0&hash=item2c5c961f7f#ht_500wt_922

Whoever it was that outbid me in the last minute...:swear:fingers:

That sucks. I was just watching the auction, wasn't after it. Next time use esnipe. ;)

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Would have been me if I had known about it. I really want a glass 360.

Get in line...:skull

Actually, I'd prefer a wood one but it's going to be used ALOT, and cant justify the price premium:(

sergeantmike

Reaction score
Wish I had my wood Connelly, Vogue and Maha's from back in the '70's... Never cared for the fiber boards.:blah:

My buddy got a wood Maha when he inherited his 24 Campbell... trying to figure out a way to talk him out of it.:D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Get in line...:skull

Actually, I'd prefer a wood one but it's going to be used ALOT, and cant justify the price premium:(

That's just it. I got a used wood one off eBay for $500 and it's in perfect shape. Kinda afraid to even use it. LOL.

RyanPartridge

Reaction score
I've been super lucky with my used Maha finds. I recently gave one of my wood 360's to a friend, and just fixed several cracks in my other and now it's all set up.

Not sure how his health is right now, but Mike Bemis will make a wood 360 for around 700 bucks and that includes bindings. Sure beats 1,200 for a blank Maha..

Rocket78

Reaction score
I inherited a old wood Brad ski from my uncle lil while back and also found another wood Brad in my parents river trailer last year, the one from my uncle is in pristine condition and the other one is also in great condition

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I've been super lucky with my used Maha finds. I recently gave one of my wood 360's to a friend, and just fixed several cracks in my other and now it's all set up.

Not sure how his health is right now, but Mike Bemis will make a wood 360 for around 700 bucks and that includes bindings. Sure beats 1,200 for a blank Maha..

I thought the exotics were closer to $2k? Mine is an older one but it is in pretty much perfect condition.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307680883.493562.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307680883.493562.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 167

RyanPartridge

Reaction score
I thought the exotics were closer to $2k? Mine is an older one but it is in pretty much perfect condition.

That's a nice one you have! Most all the old ones I've seen are loaded with exotic hardwoods on top of an ash ski. The newer ones I believe are spruce with far less hardwoods. Both my oldies are loaded with walnut, purple heart, and mahogany.

Don't be afraid to use that ski! Throw some good bindings on it and have some fun! I find that they all start splitting at the tail eventually but it's an easy fix. :thumbsup

Carrera J

Reaction score
I saw the Vogue 64" but thought it would be too short for my weight!

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
That's just it. I got a used wood one off eBay for $500 and it's in perfect shape. Kinda afraid to even use it. LOL.

after the first handle ding or two that mentaility will go away (ask me how I know) :grumble:

Mine is an older exotic also. the new exotics dont seem as pretty as the older ski.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
after the first handle ding or two that mentaility will go away (ask me how I know) :grumble:

Thats what I'm afraid of. I'd like to keep it looking nice. But hell, I wanna ski on it too.

RodnJen

Reaction score
That's funny. I never had any trouble getting up for the last 32 or so years. I bought my 66 inch 360 with double wraps and I had a helluva time getting up. I have always started with one foot out, never been a fan of high wraps.

I seemed to have licked it but the driver does have a bit to do with it. I would still like a 70+" 360 with just the tow piece, but kinda hard to find.

I picked up a couple of Andy Clarks over the winter, can't wait to try them out.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
That's funny. I never had any trouble getting up for the last 32 or so years. I bought my 66 inch 360 with double wraps and I had a helluva time getting up. I have always started with one foot out, never been a fan of high wraps.

I seemed to have licked it but the driver does have a bit to do with it. I would still like a 70+" 360 with just the tow piece, but kinda hard to find.

I picked up a couple of Andy Clarks over the winter, can't wait to try them out.

So how come you didn't swoop in on that one I got? Not that I'm complaining. Thanks for tipping me off on that one again by the way. :D

RodnJen

Reaction score
I did, but I already owned one and $500 or so didn't make sense at the time. You probably would have paid a little less if it wasn't for me.:rolleyes:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I did, but I already owned one and $500 or so didn't make sense at the time. You probably would have paid a little less if it wasn't for me.:rolleyes:

Actually there were a couple snipers in it within the last minute. I think I got lucky.

LB247XS

Reaction score

i ski on a BEMIS 72" this ski kicks arse a little heavy but its extremly stable at 65/70 mph and it turns awesome i have had it 13 yrs and wont ski on anything else:thumbsup

Attachments

• MEAD 08 40th B-DAY 012.jpg
    MEAD 08 40th B-DAY 012.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 126

Carrera J

Reaction score
Looks like I found a 69" Vogue Square Back. Should be getting it in a week or so. Of course I've got to keep looking for a 360. Can never have too many skis! I'll post picks when I get it.