WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WTF Amazon?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Better Call Saul’s new season started last night on AMC so on Saturday I download the AMC Premier app that allows me to watch shows 48 hours prior to their scheduled airing and commercial-free for $4.99 a month. Well upon downloading and signing in it won’t allow me to watch any shows, I get an error message about my connectivity and to try again. Well, I figured that info just needed to be processed so I wait a day until yesterday, it’s still not working so I call Amazon.

I was in the phone with Amazon for over 90 minutes we deleted and reinstalled the app 2 times to no avail. We called AMC and got some southern girl who, bless her heart, was a complete moron and said that they didn’t have any apps for Amazon. I finally asked for an upper level supervisor, told him of my issue and he came back with, “We’re AMC, the theater chain, not AMC American Movie Channel”.

Now Amazon doesn’t have a direct access line to AMC so I have to go to AMC’s website and explain my issues. I got an email this morning stating that their Premier app is for subscribers who have a cable service, it does not work with the Amazon Prime set-up.

Great now I have to suffer with commercials after binging on Braeking Bad and Just Call Saul for the last month. Maybe I was too hasty at cutting my cable?

K-DOG

Reaction score
Did you watch the Breaking Bad movie El Camino on netflix? Shows what happen to Jessie after he escaped on the last Breaking Bad episode. Its pretty good.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Better Call Saul’s new season started last night on AMC so on Saturday I download the AMC Premier app that allows me to watch shows 48 hours prior to their scheduled airing and commercial-free for $4.99 a month. Well upon downloading and signing in it won’t allow me to watch any shows, I get an error message about my connectivity and to try again. Well, I figured that info just needed to be processed so I wait a day until yesterday, it’s still not working so I call Amazon.

I was in the phone with Amazon for over 90 minutes we deleted and reinstalled the app 2 times to no avail. We called AMC and got some southern girl who, bless her heart, was a complete moron and said that they didn’t have any apps for Amazon. I finally asked for an upper level supervisor, told him of my issue and he came back with, “We’re AMC, the theater chain, not AMC American Movie Channel”.

Now Amazon doesn’t have a direct access line to AMC so I have to go to AMC’s website and explain my issues. I got an email this morning stating that their Premier app is for subscribers who have a cable service, it does not work with the Amazon Prime set-up.

Great now I have to suffer with commercials after binging on Braeking Bad and Just Call Saul for the last month. Maybe I was too hasty at cutting my cable?

Sorry but I'm laughing my ass off about the AMC. That's funny shit

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Did you watch the Breaking Bad movie El Camino on netflix? Shows what happen to Jessie after he escaped on the last Breaking Bad episode. Its pretty good.
Yeah, I’m all caught up and was looking forward to watching the latest episode on AMC Saturday night, oh well, I guess not.

Singleton

Reaction score
The AMC comment was the best.

FYI, almost all network apps outside of NBA, CBS, etc require you still have access via cable or Hulu. Limited ways to watch network shows for free these days

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
This is why I don't have any of that stuff (streaming movies, Hulu stuff, etc.)
I am a technological caveman. With people having issues that know way more than me, I'd be stuck with bills for service, and still watching "I Love Lucy" with rabbit ears.

pixrthis

Reaction score
The streaming services will resemble current cable and satellite services when somebody starts bundling them. Of course you get the added benefit of watching what you want when you want but the dvr kind of allows that too. Cost of streaming services are likely to rise so I don’t expect them to be cheaper for long.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The streaming services will resemble current cable and satellite services when somebody starts bundling them. Of course you get the added benefit of watching what you want when you want but the dvr kind of allows that too. Cost of streaming services are likely to rise so I don’t expect them to be cheaper for long.
Yup, I expect them to raise prices significantly in the near future since their market share is growing at a fast pace. Cable/satellite might become a good choice again especially with them offering connectivity to multiple devices.