WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

wtf....John Travolta playing Don Aronow

elfin magic

Reaction score
The story of that guy's life was definitely one for the record books. I am supprised they hadn't made some drama even loosely based one his life a long time ago.

Backlash

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this movie too! Regardless of how "Well" Travolta plays "The Don," I think it will be a great movie for anyone who has the slightest interest in boating. ;)

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Aronow was such a badass, I don't know if I would be able to sit through the movie with Travolta playing him.

Travolta is almost as big of a douche as Tom Cruise :thumbsdown

Reaction score
Aronow was such a badass, I don't know if I would be able to sit through the movie with Travolta playing him.

Travolta is almost as big of a douche as Tom Cruise :thumbsdown

X2

riverroyal

Reaction score
I won't see it. If it means money in Scientology pocket no fucking way.
Travolta is a assclown

Reactions: TBI

Enen

Reaction score
I was introduced to a guy at Desert Storm two years ago that was Aronow's throttleman. He has some stories to tell.

I'll see this movie.

Tank

Reaction score
Travolta was at TNT a few weeks ago running a CC with Johnny Tomlinson and walking around the facility checking things out including Lip-Ship Cigarette. JT said he was a very nice guy. Of course, I don't think JT would say shit if his mouth was full of it.

I met Travolta briefly while he filmed Swordfish in Ventura. He was SUPER nice. So was Hugh Jackman, Haley Barrie was a bit more curt.

I just don't really enjoy Travolta's acting style. He comes off like he's trying SOOOOOO hard and basically plays the same thing. He was great in Greese and Pulp Fiction though. lol

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Back in the days of real offshore racing, Aronow did his own driving and throttling. His long-time co-pilot and navigator was Norris "Knocky House" and as tough as they came. If you were ever in a bar fight, you'd definitely want Knocky backing you up.