WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WTF Trump is now subscribing to the "you did not build it" mentality.

JBS

Reaction score
I know we all hate China. This we can agree on but WTF. Now when an American Business buys another business the Government wants in on the action. Rather than cash will they take equity?

Trump Wants U.S. Government To ‘Get A Lot Of Money’ For Allowing Microsoft-TikTok Deal
TOPLINE

President Donald Trump told reporters Monday that he’ll follow through with plans to ban TikTok in the U.S. if Microsoft doesn’t clinch a deal to buy a portion of the social media platform by September 15—and claimed that any acquisition will have to involve paying a “significant amount of money” to the federal government for allowing the deal to take place.

President Donald Trump on August 3, 2020 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Doug Mills-Pool/Getty Images)

KEY FACTS
Trump announced Friday his intention to ban TikTok in the U.S. amid concerns over the video-sharing platform’s ownership by a Chinese company as reports surfaced that Microsoft was exploring buying Tok Tok’s operations in the U.S., Canada, Australia and New Zealand, with the Wall Street Journal reporting that Trump opposed the Microsoft deal.
Microsoft then said in a blog post Sunday night that it was moving forward with negotiations after speaking with Trump, signaling that Trump had dropped his previous criticisms of the potential acquisition.
Trump confirmed Monday that he “[doesn’t] mind” if Microsoft—or another “big” and “very American company”—buys TikTok, but said he would shut down the app “around September 15” if a deal does not go through.
The president said he wants Microsoft to purchase TikTok in its entirety, rather than a stake in the company.
Trump claimed that “a very substantial portion” of the money Microsoft pays for TikTok “is gonna have to come into the Treasury of the United States, because we’re making it possible for this deal to happen.”

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Trump doesn't want the deal to go through, or wants to substantially decimate the price paid by an American Company to the Chinese.

This is basic bargaining strategy.... He just gave MS or any other American company the biggest bargaining chip ever in price negotiations.

You would think after 4 or 5 years people would have started to catch on to how Trump misdirects, and tilts the field, but apparently they just take everything at face value lol.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Well, is it really “a business buying another business”?
Or is it a business buying (in part or whole) a Chinese held business?

JBS

Reaction score
Trump doesn't want the deal to go through, or wants to substantially decimate the price paid by an American Company to the Chinese.

This is basic bargaining strategy.... He just gave MS or any other American company the biggest bargaining chip ever in price negotiations.

You would think after 4 or 5 years people would have started to catch on to how Trump misdirects, and tilts the field, but apparently they just take everything at face value lol.

You seem to have the inside track on this. Have you used Trump to negotiate any deals for your business? Did he take a large sum from you for the treasury?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
The Treasury will need to “get a lot of money” to make up for bad our dollar has been been devalued under this administration.

And Jeff you’re not allowed to criticize the administration or you’ll be labeled as blinded by hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Go buy a magic deck boat and let me know.

I didn't realize the pleasure boat market was the sole indicator of currency strength.... Lmao....

We must have had a strong ass dollar back in 2009 when nobody had any money and you couldn't give boats away, and the entire industry was about washed up. 😂

Outdrive1

Reaction score
I didn't realize the pleasure boat market was the sole indicator of currency strength.... Lmao....

Really? How about houses? Same deal there

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Really? How about houses? Same deal there

Like i said above, must have had a strong ass dollar in 2009 when the housing prices were in the tank, you couldn't give them away, and the entire industry about washed up, just like the boat industry. 😂

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Like i said above, must have had a strong ass dollar in 2009 when the housing prices were in the tank, you couldn't give them away, and the entire industry about washed up, just like the boat industry. [emoji23]

Yeah. I guess boats, houses, rv’s have just appreciated at astronomical rates. Keep burying your head in the sand Racey. I already proved that when you lose an argument you throw a tantrum and resort to name calling. Pick another subject to debate with finite values if you’re bored.

2+2=4 Racey. You’re up.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Yeah. I guess boats, houses, rv’s have just appreciated at astronomical rates. Keep burying your head in the sand Racey. I already proved that when you lose an argument you throw a tantrum and resort to name calling. Pick another subject to debate with finite values if you’re bored.

2+2=4 Racey. You’re up.

It's almost like if the economy was doing really well, then you close down the majority of normal large recreation (resorts, amusement, etc), and restrict daily small recreation (bars, restuarants, etc), restrict people to being cooped up in their homes, then people will have a lot more money in their pockets, and will also want to get the fuck out of the house and do something. Boating is about the only thing you can do right now without have to wear a mask.

I know more than one person who has bought a boat in this ordeal for exactly those reason "There isn't anything else to do"

the 600 a week people aren't the ones driving the price of Magic deck boats right now buddy.

Come back to this comment in a year and see where we are ;)

And by the way, it wasn't me that lost the argument on HCQ, you were incapable of conceding that Sars-Cov and Sars-Cov-2 are the same breed of virus in the context of HCQ treatment. 😘

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score
I don't know if the dollar has devalued per say Paul. You know prices are stemming from a low inventory market across the board from houses to boats to Rv's and so on. Combine that extremely low interest rates, Helocs, and the fact that a lot of people used vacation money on toys instead because of covid. I will say this is to familiar from 2007 era which is scary. No matter what direction the election goes next year should be very interesting.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
It's almost like if the economy was doing really well, then you close down the majority of normal large recreation (resorts, amusement, etc), and restrict daily small recreation (bars, restuarants, etc), restrict people to being cooped up in their homes, then people will have a lot more money in their pockets, and will also want to get the fuck out of the house and do something. Boating is about the only thing you can do right now without have to wear a mask.

I know more than one person who has bought a boat in this ordeal for exactly those reason "There isn't anything else to do"

the 600 a week people aren't the ones driving the price of Magic deck boats right now buddy.

Come back to this comment in a year and see where we are ;)

So a family with two earners can sit home and make 2400 a week tax free. Plus the stimulus check. Sounds like they’re getting paid to play. Business’s, and you look at the link by zipcode in the other thread, pulled in 350k to million dollars. A lot of them were staying open anyhow. Medium sized business owners basically got a windfall of cash to buy toys. Thats not real money and a real economic indicator of where we are as a country. Magic deck boats are 15 plus years old with 496’s and selling for 95k. That says to me 95k isnt 95k anymore. They weren’t that much brand new.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
So a family with two earners can sit home and make 2400 a week tax free. Plus the stimulus check. Sounds like they’re getting paid to play. Business’s, and you look at the link by zipcode in the other thread, pulled in 350k to million dollars. A lot of them were staying open anyhow. Medium sized business owners basically got a windfall of cash to buy toys. Thats not real money and a real economic indicator of where we are as a country. Magic deck boats are 15 plus years old with 496’s and selling for 95k. That says to me 95k isnt 95k anymore. They weren’t that much brand new.

You can't judge the value of a currency by commodities that are in short supply and fluctuate radically in value.

The cost of a magic deck boat says almost nothing about the perceived value of a dollar, cit says much more to the perceived value of the boat.

You ought to relax with your assertion that this is hyper inflation and look at the prices of USD to other currencies. USD to Oil, etc. Large scale indicators. It may help lower your blood pressure.

Also the 2400 a week is not Tax Free, not sure who you heard that from, you are required to pay income tax on your unemployment, the one time 1200 stimulus checks were tax free.

If you look at the money given out, vs the money lost from all the businesses being closed, we are still by far in a net negative, for hyper inflation to occur you would need several times more money printed and distributed than the economy could normally generate.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

2+2=4 Racey. You’re up.

Well, you’ve proved one thing but it isn’t what you think it is.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Hold on there!
Where’s this tax free money at??
and who’s getting $1200 a week??
Also anyone getting max unemployment probably didn’t qualify for the one time check, at least not in total.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Hold on there!
Where’s this tax free money at??
and who’s getting $1200 a week??

You don’t get 600 from unemployment and 600 from stimulus? You did something wrong. I know people that are. And tax withholdings are optional as you already know.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
You can't judge the value of a currency by commodities that are in short supply and fluctuate radically in value.

The cost of a magic deck boat says almost nothing about the perceived value of a dollar, cit says much more to the perceived value of the boat.

You ought to relax with your assertion that this is hyper inflation and look at the prices of USD to other currencies. USD to Oil, etc. Large scale indicators. It may help lower your blood pressure.

Also the 2400 a week is not Tax Free, not sure who you heard that from, you are required to pay income tax on your unemployment, the one time 1200 stimulus checks were tax free.

If you look at the money given out, vs the money lost from all the businesses being closed, we are still by far in a net negative, for hyper inflation to occur you would need several times more money printed and distributed than the economy could normally generate.

Haha. Several times more than the 4 trillion this year???? You are going to get your wish shortly. Didn’t know you were for the stimulus package. Good to know for future discussions.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
You don’t get 600 from unemployment and 600 from stimulus? You did something wrong. I know people that are. And tax withholdings are optional as you already know.

Tax WITHHOLDING is optional. That DOES NOT mean it’s tax free. Lol
Not in the least.

Weekly benifits are determined by the State that received unemployment insurance premiums paid in your name. It isn’t always the state where you live or even where you worked. It’s wherever your employer paid the premiums. Could be the state of base operations or main office etc. Whatever benefits the employer usually.
The highest state weekly benefit is Pennsylvania at $573 a week.
By comparison AZ is second lowest at barely $200 a week.
So no one is getting $600 a week from unemployment benifits alone. (Not even 1099 covid cash weekly recipients)
No one is receiving unemployment benefits “tax free” unless their gross income works out to poverty level this year...which millions just might fall into.

Are you sure you run a business?

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Racey we were already functioning on a budget that was a trillion in debt. We just added 4 more. Now they want to add 2/3 more. Plus the loss of tax revenue this year. We are looking to add 10 million this year and you’re telling me there’s no hyper inflation and price of toys and housing is just normal because they are in high demand? Ok. Good luck with your theory. [emoji106]

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Tax WITHHOLDING is optional. That DOES NOT mean it’s tax free. Lol
Not in the least.

Weekly benifits are determined by the State that received unemployment insurance premiums paid in your name. It isn’t always the state where you live or even where you worked. It’s wherever your employer paid the premiums. Could be the state of base operations or main office etc. Whatever benefits the employer usually.
The highest state weekly benefit is Pennsylvania at $573 a week.
By comparison AZ is second lowest at barely $200 a week.
So no one is getting $600 a week from unemployment benifits alone. (Not even 1099 covid cash weekly recipients)
No one is receiving unemployment benefits “tax free” unless their gross income works out to poverty level this year...which millions just might fall into.

Are you sure you run a business?

Ive never applied for nor received unemployment. Being self employed or 1099’d Ive never had to deal with it either. I just assumed they were both 600 each ( federal and state). Ill take your word that its less.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Ive never applied for nor received unemployment. Being self employed or 1099’d Ive never had to deal with it either. I just assumed they were both 600 each ( federal and state). Ill take your word that its less.

I understand.
I was 1099 for 15 years. I cut those five figure quarterly tax checks more times than I care to remember. I remember writing a year end check for almost 6 figures once.

When I had to go water well drilling a few years back to make ends meet and do what I had to do that’s exactly what I did...what I had to do. W2 work sucked for me then but I had no choice. I had to take that, get my own bennies and use every penny I got paid to pay for Debs stuff and keep a roof.
When I finally got another directional job there had been a class action suit filed by a bunch of fucking idiots that claimed overtime violations EVEN THOUGH they were 1099 day rate workers. As a result all directional companies went hourly employee only and slashed wages most DD’s went from like $1200 a day or more to $50 an hour (13 hour days and overtime) plus bennies. That was still good money, but the heydays Of $300K+ were long gone at that point. Lol

So now, post negative oil values, 59 years old, having paid well over half a million in taxes according to my SS statements since directional drilling, having mine and every person I know in the oilfield stripped of any hope of work, and accepting the fact that I have to go back water well drilling at my age, I’m happy to get 5-6 years in (or until my arthritis shuts me down) doing that at 6 figures and hang it up.
So do I feel guilty about $600 a week?
Not one fucking bit.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
I understand.
I was 1099 for 15 years. I cut those five figure quarterly tax checks more times than I care to remember. I remember writing a year end check for almost 6 figures once.

When I had to go water well drilling a few years back to make ends meet and do what I had to do that’s exactly what I did...what I had to do. W2 work sucked for me then but I had no choice. I had to take that, get my own bennies and use every penny I got paid to pay for Debs stuff and keep a roof.
When I finally got another directional job there had been a class action suit filed by a bunch of fucking idiots that claimed overtime violations EVEN THOUGH they were 1099 day rate workers. As a result all directional companies went hourly employee only and slashed wages most DD’s went from line $1200 a day or more to $50 an hour (13 hour days and overtime) plus bennies. That was still good money, but the heydays Of $300K+ were long gone at that point. Lol

So now, post negative oil values, 59 years old, having paid well over half a million in taxes according to my SS statements since directional drilling, having mine and every person I know in the oilfield stripped of any hope of work, and accepting the fact that I have to go back water well drilling at my age, I’m happy to get 5-6 years in (or until my arthritis shuts me down) doing that at 6 figures and hang it up.
So do I feel guilty about $600 a week?
Not one fucking bit.

Sounds like you paid your dues. [emoji106]

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Sounds like you paid your dues. [emoji106]

My knees sure feel like I have...lol

I don’t relish the thought of hanging off the back of that water well rig, but I’ll be more than happy to go do it. They are a good outfit, real good in fact, so when the time comes and the rig is ready I’ll pull my boots on and go do it for 13 hours a day.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Racey we were already functioning on a budget that was a trillion in debt. We just added 4 more. Now they want to add 2/3 more. Plus the loss of tax revenue this year. We are looking to add 10 million this year and you’re telling me there’s no hyper inflation and price of toys and housing is just normal because they are in high demand? Ok. Good luck with your theory. [emoji106]

The dollar is devaluing, but you haven't seen nothing yet OD. This has been in the works for decades and will be used by the guberment to pay down debt and pensions.

Exporters love it!!!

In other news, Pelosi just revealed that Congressional Democrats not only won't budge on their $3 Trillion stimulus package passed by the House in May, she's upped the demand to $3.4 trillion in order to 'settle' on a deal.

Trump and the R's are in a tough position with the American voters with this and all because they locked us down. It's been the Dem's plan all along, they are evil.

You remember when I bitched in March about the consequences of Orange County locking things down?

There's always two sides to a coin and Donnie has to play. He's got few choices and with the media in the back pocket of the Dem's, none look real good. I believe he sincerely cares about American workers and is trying to juggle further debt and upsetting some of the base or taking care of unemployed due to the scary flu and getting re-elected, the latter being the most important IMO.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
The dollar is devaluing, but you haven't seen nothing yet OD. This has been in the works for decades and will be used by the guberment to pay down debt and pensions.

Exporters love it!!!

In other news, Pelosi just revealed that Congressional Democrats not only won't budge on their $3 Trillion stimulus package passed by the House in May, she's upped the demand to $3.4 trillion in order to 'settle' on a deal.

Trump and the R's are in a tough position with the American voters with this and all because they locked us down. It's been the Dem's plan all along, they are evil.

You remember when I bitched in March about the consequences of Orange County locking things down?

There's always two sides to a coin and Donnie has to play. He's got few choices and with the media in the back pocket of the Dem's, none look real good. I believe he sincerely cares about American workers and is trying to juggle further debt and upsetting some of the base or taking care of unemployed due to the scary flu and getting re-elected, the latter being the most important IMO.

Yep.
He can’t win this.
He could go all in and just say “No more money, all States lift all closures right now and get people back to work!”
Let the pieces fall from there.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Yep.
He can’t win this.
He could go all in and just say “No more money, all States lift all closures right now and get people back to work!”
Let the pieces fall from there.

That's a gamble and one that I'd like, I'm just not sure the Independents would.

Can you imagine the shit storm the MSM would have with that? 😂

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I wish they fucking would and just get it over with at this point.
That's a gamble and one that I'd like, I'm just not sure the Independents would.

Can you imagine the shit storm the MSM would have with that? 😂

The best presidents, historically, seemed to do what they thought was best for the country as they saw it, and worried less about re-election.
Take care of business and re-election will take care of itself.
I’d be more happy with Trump if he did just that.
Just stand up and say:
“Enough is enough!”
Fire Fauci. Order all States to lift all business restrictions and do whatever they want with masks and preventative PPE.

I think that would really solidify his support, and really expose that governors and mayors are the cause of suffering...not him.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
The best presidents, historically, seemed to do what they thought was best for the country as they saw it, and worried less about re-election.
Just stand up and say:
“Enough is enough!”
Fire Fauci. Order all States to lift all business restrictions and do whatever they want with masks and preventative PPE.

I think that would really solidify his support, and really expose that governors and mayors are the cause of suffering...not him.

Valid point, but I need a re-run of 2016, so if that's the ticket, have at it.

I have never laughed so much if my life than I have over the last 4 years.............................I guess I'm selfish. 😂

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Damn, missed a good bit of comedy this afternoon.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Just stand up and say:
“Enough is enough!”

Fauci should have been fired long ago. That little weasel doesn't know if he's shitting out his ass or his mouth!! He is making big bucks on kickbacks from all sorts of people.

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
Fauci should have been fired long ago. That little weasel doesn't know if he's shitting out his ass or his mouth!! He is making big bucks on kickbacks from all sorts of people.
1596577074136.png

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I don't know why either, should have brought someone like Scott Atlas in long ago.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Just stand up and say:
“Enough is enough!”

Too bad he can't actually do that. Unless he enacts Martial Law and bypasses the Constitution.

"When martial law is in effect, the military commander of an area or country has unlimited authority to make and enforce laws. Martial law is justified when civilian authority has ceased to function, is completely absent, or has become ineffective. Further, martial law suspends all existing laws, as well as civil authority and the ordinary administration of justice. In the United States, martial law may be declared by proclamation of the President or a State governor, but such a formal proclamation is not necessary. Although the U.S. Constitution makes no specific provision for the imposition of martial law, nearly every State has a constitutional provision authorizing the government to impose martial law. The power of martial law, once held to be nearly absolute, has limitations; for example, civilians may not be tried by military tribunals as long as civilian courts are functional. Nonetheless, within the bounds of court decisions, a military commander's authority under martial law is virtually unlimited. Martial law has been declared nine times since World War II and, in five instances, was designed to counter resistance to Federal desegregation decrees in the South. Although a climate of mutual aid has always existed between the military and civilian law enforcement and should continue to exist, Department of Defense personnel are limited in what they can do to enforce civil law. Military personnel cannot be used in surveillance or undercover operations, and they may not be used as informants, investigators, or interrogators unless the investigation is a joint military-civilian operation in which the military has an interest in the case's outcome. "

We are a Republic. He would have to enact Martial Law in order to overrule any Governor.

Ohh how much of a fucking "FUCK YOU" would that be? He could force the shit heads like Newscum and his ilk to step down for failing the people....

I like it.