WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WTF??

Berdes

Reaction score
Called the doctor this morning (primary physician) to make an appointment. Explained to the receptionist the issue I wanted to come in for. Her reply?
We can't allow you in the office if you are not well !! Why the hell would anyone make a doctors appointment if they were well ???

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
That’s crazy! Hope they at least offered a virtual appt.:confused:

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Called the doctor this morning (primary physician) to make an appointment. Explained to the receptionist the issue I wanted to come in for. Her reply?
We can't allow you in the office if you are not well !! Why the hell would anyone make a doctors appointment if they were well ???
If any of your symptoms could possibly be a COVID symptom they probably want you to go to the ER where they are prepped for this.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I have a primary listed on my card...never met him. Pretty much the only reason to see a doctor is if there is something wrong, or a concern. Maybe my thinking is outdated and archaic, but I agree, WTF?

sintax

Reaction score
makes sense, if you got flu like symptoms you call, do a consult, and they they'll tell you what to do. You dont want to go in and infect everything, this is nothing new, its been this way for years, at least 6 maybe more.

Think about the Norovirus, that shit is SUPER contagious, you dont want to go in and spread that around if you can avoid it.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I dont have a primary care physician so I usually go to EXCER ER not to far from the house. Went in last week because I was having some breathing issues (season allergies) They wouldnt let me in, had to complete my paperwork in my truck and take pic or completed paperwork and email to them. They sent a doctor out to me to take my vitals and asses what was going on while sitting in my truck. She was super cool and gave me a prescription.

As of this morning I wasnt feeling much better so I did the virtual visit and it was pretty cool. Got a new prescription and already feeling better. I think the virtual thing is the wave of the future in all industries.

sintax

Reaction score
I dont have a primary care physician so I usually go to EXCER ER not to far from the house. Went in last week because I was having some breathing issues (season allergies) They wouldnt let me in, had to complete my paperwork in my truck and take pic or completed paperwork and email to them. They sent a doctor out to me to take my vitals and asses what was going on while sitting in my truck. She was super cool and gave me a prescription.

As of this morning I wasnt feeling much better so I did the virtual visit and it was pretty cool. Got a new prescription and already feeling better. I think the virtual thing is the wave of the future in all industries.

i gotta be honest, even before this Corona BS, i was not keen on sitting in hospital waiting rooms. Where does it make sense that you want to sit around in stale air with a bunch of sick people? And top it all off, theres always like 3-4 families in there, none of which watch their kids, they are licking the arm rests, running around, screaming, bumping into you. Who wants / needs that shit.

Spudsbud

Reaction score

You hit the nail on the head.
Ever heard of TELEDOC ? "TDOC" Stock has gone from mid 30's a year ago to 180 or so these days !

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The last place you should ever want to be is in a doctors office, even without the hole virus crap going on TeleMedicine makes the best use of everyones time.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The last place you should ever want to be is in a doctors office, even without the hole virus crap going on TeleMedicine makes the best use of everyones time.
A lot of doctors are foreign...
Call centers are outsourced to other countries...

2 birds, one stone kinda thing?

I agree though, no one wants to be at a doctor's office, or the hospital. Out here we have limited internet, in terms of video stuff. Not good for the whole online schooling thing it turns out. What is really weird, I have heard 2 commercials for local GP's that will do housecalls. Old idea, but suddenly useful again.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
A lot of doctors are foreign...
Call centers are outsourced to other countries...

2 birds, one stone kinda thing?

I agree though, no one wants to be at a doctor's office, or the hospital. Out here we have limited internet, in terms of video stuff. Not good for the whole online schooling thing it turns out. What is really weird, I have heard 2 commercials for local GP's that will do housecalls. Old idea, but suddenly useful again.
Housecalls? Who would of thunk it? :D