WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

www.2040-cars.com Can't be Legit.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I have been looking for a new project car and came across this site. www.2040-cars.com . Most of the deals just seem too good to be true which I assume they are. They also have more cars for sale than I have ever seen on any site.

There are a few 1st Gen Ford GTs on there for under 100k! If they were clean they would be a steal at that price. Saw a 2016 GT350R for 42k with only 790 miles!!! That is half of what they are going for. 1000s of other cars on there WAY below market value.

How does this site even exist if it is just blatantly shady? There must be people screwed every day on this thing. However it has been around for a while. All the contact emails are odd as well.

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
I have been looking for a new project car and came across this site. www.2040-cars.com . Most of the deals just seem too good to be true which I assume they are. They also have more cars for sale than I have ever seen on any site.

There are a few 1st Gen Ford GTs on there for under 100k! If they were clean they would be a steal at that price. Saw a 2016 GT350R for 42k with only 790 miles!!! That is half of what they are going for. 1000s of other cars on there WAY below market value.

How does this site even exist if it is just blatantly shady? There must be people screwed every day on this thing. However it has been around for a while.

+100% sales commission maybe:rolleyes

nowski

Reaction score
I looked at a couple of cars on the site with there too good to be true pricing. As an example I saw a 2015 Z06 Vette going for $31k with only 65k miles are you kidding me pricing. This site has SCAM written all over it IMO...

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Sometimes the low prices end up being the starting bid at the auction...

Some websites just autopopulate their own sites with info from other sites... and the prices are opening bid amounts.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Yeah figured it was shady. Just seems odd it's been around for so long as there are mentions of this site over four years ago.